Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granger is the big winner in this. How many more Bronco orders did they get than if they hadn’t gamed the system? How many more Mustang, Bronco Sport, and Super Duty will he get to sell now? He picked up 100 or so extra Bronco orders for 21 and 22 MY, plus will apparently get to sell more Jeep’s. He wins, he makes Ford look bad, and potential Bronco owners are left waiting longer than they should.
I agree- if myBronco falls thru- I’ll buy a different vehicle off of them.
Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Granger doing something shady to be put on blast? Ford is punishing them for some reason or is Granger the South West airlines of car sales 🤣

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, well before any orders were taken. Do all of you who are bitching so loudly and irrationally realize that for all of us Bronco order holders that did not order from Granger that we are better off? No one is getting screwed here, if you didn't buy from Granger at way back of invoice. The whole "reservations first" argument ignores that Ford clearly stated, BEFORE ANY ORDERS WERE TAKEN, that allocation would play a role. That is a clear, simple to recognize fact.

So, I'll agree that Ford changed how the allocation formula would work between 2021 and 2022. And I'll agree that Ford, between July 2020 and Sept 2020, apparently backed off of it's reservation date only policy. It could be easily argued that they clarified their position, but whatever, what they said changed, so ok, it changed. This was still before any orders. So, who is getting screwed here by Ford except people who bought at way back of invoice from a couple of dealerships? None of the rest of us are negatively impacted.

So, for all of us who are not negatively impacted, what is your argument that we should be all pissed off and blaming Ford? Blaming Ford for what?
Well, riddle me this, Batman……I have a 7/13/2020 6:10pm Mountain Time (1st 10 minute) reservation and a #1 of 56 dealership allocation, and I do not have a VIN or scheduled build. How can that be in a system that supposedly is honoring reservation/timestamp and allocation? My build is a 2dr BL, Lux, Sas and I understand constraints but you couldn’t swing a dead cat around here without hitting someone with that build, or several portions of that build, or several Broncos with one or more of those constraints. It’s not just Granger and Stephens…..

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep reading comments about how wonderful and fair and honest this dealership is, (and I'm sure they are) compared to dealerships with ADM. How about all of the dealerships that are not doing ADM and are selling at MSRP or less, just not below invoice? Aren't those dealerships honest and fair?
Your argument about allocations being part of the system is flawed. Ford changed the allocation formula this year, after we all used the previous system to make our decision. Allocations may have always been involved, but not THIS allocation.
my dealer has around 50 reservations remaining, I’m roughly 35th on his list. It’s not any of these giant discount dealerships, tiny place doing invoice. Based on this allocation system it might still be a year before I get mine.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
has that dealer gotten any units yet?
Yes…….at least 7 as of a couple months ago. Not sure where they stand now, but I would assume at least half that had much less constrained builds.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So allocation has nothing to do with it. Don't know, what does your dealer say?
He said I’m still a priority 10 in their ordering system, and sent me the purchase order to confirm it. I wouldn’t move off the 2dr, so the MIC top was probably the biggest hang up….dropped from the 2.7 Auto to 2.3 MT and dropped Sas to help the build but too late to help since I got the pushed to MY22 email the following week. Then all those 2dr BL, Lux, Sas, 2,7s got picked up on the last, or next to last 2021 scheduling cycle. Every scheduled build I saw that week had a later timestamp than mine, so who knows at this point. Probably jinxed, or didn’t hold my mouth right….or Ford has been reading my Mail and posts. 🙂

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the Tesla model, why not order directly from the manufacturer, with the options that you like, and no above Mary prices?
Because Tesla doesn't service their vehicles and uses an entirely outsourced repair network. Then works against that network by forcing equipment purchases on shops and de-contenting vehicles.

That entirely ignores the fact that Tesla underproduces replacement parts, leaving a large percentage of those needing repairs/bodywork without their car for months at a time*.

*Friend owns a Tesla approved body shop and their average turnaround time for a Tesla is currently over 90 days due to parts availability. Pre covid that average was...... 60 days, due to parts availability.

So yes, their "system" works for the monetary transaction, but it falls apart immediately afterward. If Ford ran their same system, based on the way B6g members freak out on here, there would be many, many, many customers angry with their ownership experience. Thankfully most people who own a Tesla don't do so as their only source of transportation.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But then again, I’ve seen some pretty terrible maintenance/service at some Ford dealerships I’ve frequented over the years. Perhaps outsourced service isn’t necessarily a bad thing in some instances.

On a more positive note, you could get quite a bit of maintenance mileage over the life of your Bronco from bypassing the salesman and a $10-15k ADM……just saying.

Last edited: