Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because Tesla doesn't service their vehicles and uses an entirely outsourced repair network. Then works against that network by forcing equipment purchases on shops and de-contenting vehicles.

That entirely ignores the fact that Tesla underproduces replacement parts, leaving a large percentage of those needing repairs/bodywork without their car for months at a time*.

*Friend owns a Tesla approved body shop and their average turnaround time for a Tesla is currently over 90 days due to parts availability. Pre covid that average was...... 60 days, due to parts availability.

So yes, their "system" works for the monetary transaction, but it falls apart immediately afterward. If Ford ran their same system, based on the way B6g members freak out on here, there would be many, many, many customers angry with their ownership experience. Thankfully most people who own a Tesla don't do so as their only source of transportation.
Tesla runs their own service centers
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seriously? Grainger is offering Wranglers and Gladiators below MSRP. No dealer constraints on factory orders from Jeep. About 90 days to get a Wrangler and about 120 for a Gladiator....somehow they are managing to build enough to meet demand...

Right now the Bronco is the greatest gift to Jeep sales...
Itā€™s true. If I hadnā€™t been f*cked so hard by Ford with all their broken promises, I wouldnā€™t be loving the hell out of my JL right now. In a weird kinda way, I totally owe Ford a thank you for this!

šŸ˜šŸ‘

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember 10k market adjustment on pt cruiser. I def could see you in a pt cruiser.
I remember $10k market adjustment on 2002 Thunderbirds. Most laughed and walked away and never considered purchasing one again. As a result, I bought a leftover 2003 that the dealer could not wait to get rid of. Invoice minus holdback minus final pay. He just wanted rid of it.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Itā€™s true. If I hadnā€™t been f*cked so hard by Ford with all their broken promises, I wouldnā€™t be loving the hell out of my JL right now. In a weird kinda way, I totally owe Ford a thank you for this!

šŸ˜šŸ‘
It's funny how a vehicle can effect you. I've had several that I truly loved - the 10 year old, beat to shit '79 Bronco I had in H.S., my '04 Audi A4 V6 Quattro, and now my '20 2 door JL. 15 months on and I still feel anticipation every morning as I head to the garage to get in it. It gives me a smile every damn day.
And that's the real shame of this whole launch fiasco - I have no doubt that thousands of owners will feel the same way about their new Bronco - and the main reason they aren't right now, is Ford's ineptitude and corporate bullshit. The first adopter reservation holders are the real reason behind the Bronco hype - if that many people will sign up for something basically sight unseen, it must be something special.
I could care less about Ford itself, but, dammit, the Bronco name and legacy is something special to a lot of folks - me included - and I hate seeing them fuck it up.

Last edited:

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford updates in that article are pretty much what I expected. A lot of double-speak without actually committing to anything. One surprise was their admission:

"With regards to building stock units, we said we would prioritize building reservation orders before stock orders as long as there are parts available to build reserved Broncos,"

I still doubt they're changing anything though since it goes on to link this statement to the commodity constraints and ability to change dealers. It's just damage control to make it look like people are waiting due to the constraints. Which, of course, is silly because changing dealers wouldn't be a solution to that problem. šŸ˜©

Sponsored

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope every media outlet picks this up.
Reservation list should be in order as long as parts are available.

NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Dealer allotment shouldn't matter.

These small dealerships build the brand up by working with the customers.
All these dealerships busted their butts to help the customer build their Bronco regardless if it was through them or not. Once again hard work on building their name and the Bronco name.
Hardest working dealerships just got boned by Ford.

Ford do what is right, give the customers their Broncos. GO BY THE TIME STAMP LIST.

Also love the quote about selling Jeeps below invoice. If Ford really makes us wait, a Jeep Rubicon will be just as fun.
I would buy it from Granger just for spite too.

Last edited:

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the few Jeep dealers I know offering 4-6% below invoice on '22 models and the 2 Ford dealerships offering just above invoice for a '22 SD Tremor?
I do find that interesting. I know the Toyota and Honda dealerships in my area cannot keep vehicles on the lot. I think dealerships have commodity in vehicles, but it may not be the vehicles you want

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
C'mon man. Ford doesn't actually have any incentive to screw over their customers. We are the ones that are driving profits. Ford wouldn't be a company without its customers. I do think however (and I'm not placating) that they've caught themselves in a difficult situation given constraints where they are trying to find a balance between not pissing off dealers OR customers. This doesn't mean they are not at fault here... it just means that given their (self-imposed) position, this was the answer they felt was going to work. I hope they see how erroneous it is. We all want our Bronco's but, chill on the "Ford is a nefarious actor" bit.
The problem is the are prioritizing dealers over customers and in doing so they are indeed treating the end customer like trash.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Won't be years for me, I'm about six months out at my small dealer.

I ordered from a small dealer in Northeast Ohio, I am a 7/18 reservation holder and I will be scheduled first quarter. I'm not being affected by what you all are complaining about. Stop throwing all "small dealers" in the same camp.
What dealer did you order from? Iā€™m also in northeast Ohio and will be ordering mine from Fairway Ford, with that being said I have a whole other set of problems thatā€™s causing a delay in my ordering process

BroncoMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am concerned that my dealer might be messing with me. After they emailed me, I replied asking about how to get the Raptor version of the Bronco. Tonight they replied that it is not possible as the Bronco Raptor is not part of the reservation program and are only dealer allocated (and for a large increase over MSRP). The email I got from Ford didn't say anything like that. What have others out there heard from their dealer?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won't be years for me, I'm about six months out at my small dealer.

I ordered from a small dealer in Northeast Ohio, I am a 7/18 reservation holder and I will be scheduled first quarter. I'm not being affected by what you all are complaining about. Stop throwing all "small dealers" in the same camp.
Interesting. I am a 7/20 reservation holder with a loaded Badlands scheduled for 11/1 build week at another small dealer. Why is yours taking so long? šŸ¤”

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m honestly not worried.

Is it a pain that Broncos are trickling out? Yes, but look at most things where demand outpaces supply, next generation video game consoles, graphics cards. Look at how reduced most dealership lots nationwide have been depleted. From thousands of vehicles to 100s if not less. Sure itā€™s easier to get some makes then others, a jeep isnā€™t using a brand new platform and isnā€™t based on such an ancient design compared to the bronco.
If youā€™re tired of waiting or ā€œplaying fords gameā€ CANCEL! Itā€™s that easy instead of making post after post that the sky is falling and shaming Ford. The hilarious thing is even if thousands of people cancelled, thereā€™s still thousands more ready and waiting to orderā€¦.
Same thing happened with the new Supra, the new corvette, etc. when demand exceeds supply things are going to get uncomfortable.
Rick, Iā€™m with you on this. You are indeed the voice of reasonā€¦ We can bitch all we want. If there is any change, it will be minimal.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rick, Iā€™m with you on this. You are indeed the voice of reasonā€¦ We can bitch all we want. If there is any change, it will be minimal.
Exactly! Look at how high most new corvettes are going for? Someone will always butt in and say oh so and so is selling them for under msrp or so and so got one at msrp.... good for them, there's always an anomaly, there's always folks doing things by the books, and there's always someone breaking the rules, especially when its something in huge huge demand... It's hilarious folks that are complaining but still willing to fork over 50k+ but never again. That's like saying you hate getting slapped, but pay the entry fee to join the world champion slap fight finals....

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! Look at how high most new corvettes are going for? Someone will always butt in and say oh so and so is selling them for under msrp or so and so got one at msrp.... good for them, there's always an anomaly, there's always folks doing things by the books, and there's always someone breaking the rules, especially when its something in huge huge demand... It's hilarious folks that are complaining but still willing to fork over 50k+ but never again. That's like saying you hate getting slapped, but pay the entry fee to join the world champion slap fight finals....
Meh, I only by cars every 7-8 years; my 2005 shitbox is only gonna last so much longer. If it croaks, I'm gonna have to look elsewhere and Ford will never again be in consideration. My first EV was going to eventually be a Lightning. That's now seemingly not going to be the case if this is how the Bronco rollout takes place.