Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Days old 2024 Bronco, dead touch screen right after purchase. No idea when we will be able to use this Bronco with a display. Ford/distributor will not give eta on part.

very disappointing!

Ford Bronco Assembly Line Fail Brand New Bronco Dead Display IMG_6245
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Days old 2024 Bronco, dead touch screen right after purchase. No idea when we will be able to use this Bronco with a display. Ford/distributor will not give eta on part.

very disappointing!

Bummer…. Ford is a mess.. But, electronics are still one of those things you get one that just plain bad.. Good luck with the parts department..

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There should be a law prohibiting the use of touch screens in cars for anything other than the entertainment system. You can't control systems in your vehicle with a touch screen without looking at it, which presents a safety risk. And when a touch screen inevitably dies 7-8 years down the road you are looking at thousands of dollars to replace. If it is just the entertainment system I would just leave it dead rather than spend the money. Not so if I need to control essential systems.

Ford has mostly stayed away from stupid decisions in that department with a few glaring exceptions. The most aggravating one is control of the air flow. You press a button to bring up a menu on the touch screen and then you have to use the touch screen. It would have been trivial to do what the Wrangler is doing in this same situation. Use the touchscreen if it rings your bell, but pressing the same button repeatedly also cycles you through the options. Not so on the Bronco. Press the button again and the menu on the screen disappears. Why Ford, oh why?

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch more content recommended just for you.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know why you say "Assembly Line Fail" but then say it quit days after you got it. It is a failure but noway is it the Assembly Lines fault it quit. You make it sound as if they screwed up.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 8" Sync 4 screen started blacking out within the first 1200 miles. It went permanently black about 2 months later (Nov 2023). Dealer tried to reload the software, didn't work. They ordered a replacement APIM module which took 2-1/2 months to arrive. They replaced the module, the screen worked for a few min then blacked out again. The tech said some pins at the screen input cable looked damaged. A new screen and cable arrived the next week, was installed, and fixed the problem.... at least for the past 2 weeks.

Sometimes you just get bad components. Stuff happens.
Hope your repair happens quick.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the same issue with mine, day 3 of ownership the screen was black. During the second drive cycle the screen would work.

Dealer had it for 12 days to make the repair. The APIM was replaced, but then it wouldn't accept programming. No issues since repair 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why you say "Assembly Line Fail" but then say it quit days after you got it. It is a failure but noway is it the Assembly Lines fault it quit. You make it sound as if they screwed up.
Good point, full story is it wasn’t fully working when the dealer received it from Ford, so from our chairs it is a screw up from the factory. But good enough for her to drive away and return for service later when their master tech was on duty , then it fully failed after getting home. And according to sources close to the factory this occurs more than one would think.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

try a master reset

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

very disappointing!

Your signature says '21 Badlands though. This is someone else's Bronco?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jer

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your signature says '21 Badlands though. This is someone else's Bronco?
No this is our 2nd Bronco, we have a 2021 as well.

ShiftyBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There should be a law prohibiting the use of touch screens in cars for anything other than the entertainment system. You can't control systems in your vehicle with a touch screen without looking at it, which presents a safety risk. And when a touch screen inevitably dies 7-8 years down the road you are looking at thousands of dollars to replace. If it is just the entertainment system I would just leave it dead rather than spend the money. Not so if I need to control essential systems.

Ford has mostly stayed away from stupid decisions in that department with a few glaring exceptions. The most aggravating one is control of the air flow. You press a button to bring up a menu on the touch screen and then you have to use the touch screen. It would have been trivial to do what the Wrangler is doing in this same situation. Use the touchscreen if it rings your bell, but pressing the same button repeatedly also cycles you through the options. Not so on the Bronco. Press the button again and the menu on the screen disappears. Why Ford, oh why?
I have to reset the infotainment system a few times a week to get it to sync with my phone. PITA. And totally agree, wish the touchscreen stuff was exclusively non essential controls. We shouldn’t have to take our eyes off the road to go thru several menus to change audio settings

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the same issue with mine, day 3 of ownership the screen was black. During the second drive cycle the screen would work.

Dealer had it for 12 days to make the repair. The APIM was replaced, but then it wouldn't accept programming. No issues since repair 3 weeks ago.
About where we are at, APIM was replaced now they are having software loading issues, still working to resolve.

OP
OP
Jer

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New APIm, new display, new cable, still nothing. I wouldn’t think was that much more involved to at least get the display with some info to populate on it, but Ford and the service dept are still struggling.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

THIS.

I wasn't aware that the Bronco HVAC required the use of the touchscreen for controls. No physical controls? That's a deal breaker for me, as is the case in the new Mustangs.
Sponsored