Sponsored

Auto Start Stop Engine Light Keeps Leaving Me Stranded.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP, you mentioned the Ford Pass app suggested the issue is associated with auto stop/start. Your other reported observations sound like a ground short somewhere. Nonetheless, this is a long shot, but as an interim bandaid to keep you going until the root cause is identified (and to perhaps help with diagnosing the issue), if you manually turn off auto stop/start using the dash panel button immediately after starting up, does the problem go away and allow you to operate normally?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WOW 3 posts in and u have issues.............

I own one and no issue bought USED !!!

Seems fishy to me !
So guy is going through hell with his Bronco and shitty dealers, and looks around the internet for a big group of Bronco owners that might be able to help. And that’s weird to you. Weird.

OP
OP
miguel13

miguel13

Badlands
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, you mentioned the Ford Pass app suggested the issue is associated with auto stop/start. Your other reported observations sound like a ground short somewhere. Nonetheless, this is a long shot, but as an interim bandaid to keep you going until the root cause is identified (and to perhaps help with diagnosing the issue), if you manually turn off auto stop/start using the dash panel button immediately after starting up, does the problem go away and allow you to operate normally?
I haven’t wanted to mess with the button but I could give it a shot, currently even with auto start stop activated the feature doesn’t work and a greyed out logo is present on the dash. I looked the logo up in the manual and it says that the feature is unavailable at the time.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven’t wanted to mess with the button but I could give it a shot, currently even with auto start stop activated the feature doesn’t work and a greyed out logo is present on the dash. I looked the logo up in the manual and it says that the feature is unavailable at the time.
That sounds normal. The logo will be there grayed out as your driving or conditions warrant the feature to not activate (AC/Heat demand, engine temp, etc). When you come to a stop and conditions are satisfied, the auto stop will activate and that logo will turn green.

If you press the button to disable I believe the logo is grayed out with a line through it. I don’t turn it off much though.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the lemon laws in your say. Some requirements are that it has to been back to the stop at least 3 times for the same issues, XX number of days in for repairs. I'm sure once you bring up the subject to your dealer they will spend more time looking at it or have Ford allow more labor hours to fix it than going through the issue of them taking it back.

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOOK U all have to read also, NOT all dealers are the same or trained to fix all cars (FACT)
Owned several Mustangs that could ONLY go to a dealer certified on that car.

These rigs cost mad coin, TAKE it to the dealer.

Internet should RESPECT the OP warranty highly doubt the Internet has a fix when ford does not was all i was saying

I ship my cars all the time when it comes to anything PROGRMING or wiring when under warranty. ( why fix it myself when the OWE me the FREE FIX !)

Shipped two mustangs to a Dealer that worked on them daily as there where ZERO in area even seen one let alone have a CLUE on them.................

So sorry for offending the snowflakes, been on the forums for 22 years and these posts STILL drive me nuts.................

Tough Love is always best
The one calling other people snowflakes is the only one in the room that is yelling and has their jimmies rustled. Yawn.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOOK U all have to read also, NOT all dealers are the same or trained to fix all cars (FACT)

Internet should RESPECT the OP warranty highly doubt the Internet has a fix when ford does not was all i was saying

I ship my cars all the time when it comes to anything PROGRMING or wiring when under warranty. ( why fix it myself when the OWE me the FREE FIX !)

Shipped two mustangs to a Dealer that worked on them daily as there where ZERO in area even seen one let alone have a CLUE on them.................

So sorry for offending the snowflakes, been on the forums for 22 years and these posts STILL drive me nuts.................

E464BDAC-452D-4AA0-8E36-82A37865C968.gif

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TAKE to the dealer, funny EVERYBODY is a internet mechanic.................

New cars are nothing to play with and could make it worse fiddling with something most have no clue on how stuff works.

From
The REAL Mechanic
Will the REAL Mechanic, "please stand up, please stand up"? 🎶 🎵

Juss' teasin' ya. Thanks for busting your knuckles; takes knowlege and patience to be a REAL good mechanic.

BWarned

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar problem on my dirt mountain bronco where the auto start stop wouldn’t turn the engine back on at traffic lights and then it would take several times to get it started again. Ended up being a bad battery and also needed a new starter; took two trips to the dealer to figure it out. Since then it’s been great. Good luck to ya.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TAKE to the dealer, funny EVERYBODY is a internet mechanic.................

New cars are nothing to play with and could make it worse fiddling with something most have no clue on how stuff works.

From
The REAL Mechanic
YOU'RE the one who is new to B6G. No reason to come in hot and being a dick.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ooooohhhh! Sounds like you're offended now, lol

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bad Mechanic plane crashes, Retired USAFR...................
So you ended up being an expert on ejection seats? Cool, I have a question: Which Auxillary switch should I use to operate the passenger ejection seat? they run 30, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10 amps. Got no problem if I have to use one to operate a solenoid to actuate it if necessary, just need to have expertise. Is blowing out the roof panel neccesary? As long as it is clean, not concerned being as I'll have to replace it in either case. But it would be a bit awkward to have a half ejected body flopping around driving down the road. Thanks for your inciteful contributions to the board...
Sponsored