Sponsored

Auto Start Stop Engine Light Keeps Leaving Me Stranded.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you running the thing hard or has it been driving odd? A lot of “street racer” logs in the PCM

The PCM definitely is having some sort of issue by the looks of it though and it’s been flashed several times
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Cat

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No luck👎🏼 Seemed tight to me
Connections that appear tight still might not make full connection. Proper procedure on a suspect connection is to loosen first, remove and check for corrosion, clean as warranted, then reinstall and tighten to spec.

If you have a multimeter you can check resistance from known good end to end of circuit that is under review. Example, one lead on post in fuse oak, other at end of wire attached to it, compared to just the ends of the cable itself. Say the cable resistance is 10, but from post through to end of cable is 100 you might have an issue

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to vote gateway module, PCM, network wiring connection. By the codes I saw the FD1 CAN, high speed 1 &2 CAN have occupant, image processing and PCM connections in common. I could only find one that had network run through C210 which has a SSM for. The gateway module is also near that connector. Have you had a water leak or wet around the passenger side A pillar?
Phil, you sure seem to try to help a lot of people sort out various glitches.

Thanks.

OP
OP
miguel13

miguel13

Badlands
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to vote gateway module, PCM, network wiring connection. By the codes I saw the FD1 CAN, high speed 1 &2 CAN have occupant, image processing and PCM connections in common. I could only find one that had network run through C210 which has a SSM for. The gateway module is also near that connector. Have you had a water leak or wet around the passenger side A pillar?
The interior hasn’t been exposed to any rain or wet conditions and I haven’t had any leaking issues

Sponsored
OP
OP
miguel13

miguel13

Badlands
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you running the thing hard or has it been driving odd? A lot of “street racer” logs in the PCM

The PCM definitely is having some sort of issue by the looks of it though and it’s been flashed several times
Just casual driving, if I ever have got on the gas it was nothing too hard that it shouldn’t be able to handle.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior hasn’t been exposed to any rain or wet conditions and I haven’t had any leaking issues
K, just trying to eliminate the basics. We're taught to verify the issue, check for recalls, TSBs, SSMs that might relate to the concern, perform a visual inspection for obvious issues then roll onto more specific testing routines.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks @flip for being part of the community. The sermon this week was about using your talents, and thankfully you are. (y)

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A lot of “street racer” logs in the PCM
What's a street racer log? Is this something that's uploaded wirelessly or only when a dealer physically connects to the vehicle?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's a street racer log? Is this something that's uploaded wirelessly or only when a dealer physically connects to the vehicle?
Not specifically street racer just aggressive driving requests. I don’t know if it’s viewable at the dealer level

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not specifically street racer just aggressive driving requests. I don’t know if it’s viewable at the dealer level
Please go into detail 🙏??? Ford can see how I drive?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it comes to that yes there is capability to see a brief, recent history. It’s not something that generally gets looked at though unless a warranty claim is suspended until an investigation can be completed.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this your readout? ;)
- High RPM.
- Low speed.
- Loss of traction.
- Tire temperature rising.
- Smoke detected.
:cool: 🤘
Sponsored