Sponsored

Auto Start / Stop - how to permanently disable?

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my only concern there is the same I have with any “no name” product from Amazon… what else is it doing. But for $40 that seems like a basic solution to it.
Yeah, zero issues for months now, and works flawlessly every time I drive. Plus, unlike the more expensive autostart eliminator, you don't have to remove any interior panels, just reach up under the area above the dead pedal.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The starter isnt the problem. It's a software issue, and Honda rolled out a software update to remedy that.
I never said that the starter was the problem and posted earlier about the system and its inherent complexity.

We just have to mine for more copper, etc, and use more expensive componentry (in the starter, for example) such as needle bearings whereas in years previous these mechanisms were simpler and less expensive.

If you look hard enough you see how strategies such as these eventually become mandated and bureaucratically controlled. You get the National Institute of Health to talk about how the children in big cities are (in essence) dumber because of IC particulate and the argument is over. Or how they have a better way...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8232425/

Consumers, pissed off about the hassle (and rightly so), have no qualms about filing suit when the unwanted existence of said systems is readily apparent.
http://www.audicomplaints.com/start-stop/
https://www.classaction.org/media/swinburne-v-volkswagen-group-of-america-inc-et-al.pdf

Eventually, dot gov steps in to save the day on related systems. Just know that thanks to roll away deaths/and low IQ, Americans will have the day saved by Mayor Bootyjuice. He is the one that will decide how future systems will function. You can't make this up, clown world, circa 2024...

The period of time that vehicles would be allowed to idle without automatically shutting off will be up to Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg “as necessary to prevent, to the maximum extent practicable, carbon monoxide poisoning,” according to the law. He will be able to designate varying periods of time for different types of vehicles, if he chooses (how nice!), depending on the rate at which the vehicles emit carbon monoxide.

The new regulations would take effect, unless otherwise stipulated by Buttigieg, on Sept. 1 of the first calendar year after the regulations are penned.
https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...fort-to-curb-carbon-monoxide-rollaway-deaths/

I'd much rather go back to having a keyed ignition and deal with hotwiring vs over the air theft.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never said that the starter was the problem and posted earlier about the system and its inherent complexity.

We just have to mine for more copper, etc, and use more expensive componentry (in the starter, for example) such as needle bearings whereas in years previous these mechanisms were simpler and less expensive.

If you look hard enough you see how strategies such as these eventually become mandated and bureaucratically controlled. You get the National Institute of Health to talk about how the children in big cities are (in essence) dumber because of IC particulate and the argument is over. Or how they have a better way...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8232425/

Consumers, pissed off about the hassle (and rightly so), have no qualms about filing suit when the unwanted existence of said systems is readily apparent.
http://www.audicomplaints.com/start-stop/
https://www.classaction.org/media/swinburne-v-volkswagen-group-of-america-inc-et-al.pdf

Eventually, dot gov steps in to save the day on related systems. Just know that thanks to roll away deaths/and low IQ, Americans will have the day saved by Mayor Bootyjuice. He is the one that will decide how future systems will function. You can't make this up, clown world, circa 2024...

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...fort-to-curb-carbon-monoxide-rollaway-deaths/

I'd much rather go back to having a keyed ignition and deal with hotwiring vs over the air theft.
Thanks for sharing. And here I thought it was to boost EPA ratings for fleets to grab those credits. I dont understand the politics in the automotive world, and it sounds like there's plenty of it.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Life is hard. It is harder when you can't move your finger six inches to turn off the auto start/stop after you fire the engine up.

I kid... I used to push the button and when I was adjusting some things with Forscan I went ahead and disabled it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One day Ford will release an update for it that will make it more intelligent. They will call it .... Smart A.S.S.

MaxtheMonster

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptor R does not have auto-stop/start.

Ford has been forced to put auto-stop/start in the Bronco and I’m afraid it will be detrimental to the vehicle in the long term.

A) It's not annoying, it's barely even noticeable
B) It is, in fact, necessary for today's emission/economy standards. Manufacturers wouldn't spend the money to implement it if they didn't need to
C) There are numerous ways to disable it which have been beat to absolute death on this forum and internet wide

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used procal4 on my 2door BadSquatch Lux and it's been off ever sence..stays as last set from button so if off it stays off..easy peasy

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recommend the device that installs in the wireing harness behind the hvac control head. It remembers the last setting of the on/off switch when you start, and it retains auto-stop functionality if you desire to enable. I occasionaly do this for lenghy stops. Installation is simple, you remove the trim panel and plug the device in the wire harness to the control head. I had one of the upper clips that didn't want to let go, but was able to push it out from behind with a metal rod (I was scared of breaking the panel if I pulled too hard). There are several brands available all around $99.00. There is a less espensive one that installs near the drivers kick panel, but some have reported electrical issues.

https://www.stickerfab.com/products...QS_sur-qIrt3YmL10dFsEh2xaUcfeT0hoCw50QAvD_BwE

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, zero issues for months now, and works flawlessly every time I drive. Plus, unlike the more expensive autostart eliminator, you don't have to remove any interior panels, just reach up under the area above the dead pedal.
Same. Installed this way over a year ago with no issues at all. I had originally gotten the one you put behind the button, but sold it to someone and got this one instead (the one that plugs in above the dead pedal).

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. Installed this way over a year ago with no issues at all. I had originally gotten the one you put behind the button, but sold it to someone and got this one instead (the one that plugs in above the dead pedal).
Yeah, my only issue was installation was frustrating because my hands are large, but once it's in, all is forgiven!

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Early Ford Bronco Bill Stroppe; 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Altering your vehicle before the end of the is warranty will void it. Reach out and just press the button.
Sponsored