First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if there is a better section to put this in, so mods please move if needed.

I so when I first got my bronco I had to press the button in the middle of the dash to turn off the start/stop functionality.

however sometime in the past week, and I don’t know what caused it, I no longer have to push the button to disable the start/stop. It either no longer works or turns on the next time I restart the car. Not sure which. Also, the light is not activated indicating that the start stop has been manually turned off.

Not sure if this is something I should contact my dealer about, or just enjoy the fact that I no longer have to press the button to disable start/stop.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
Sponsored

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've owned 3 Fords with auto stop/start. There are several reasons why it will legitimately stop working. I know one of them is if the battery voltage goes below a certain threshold. The vehicle will keep working but the computer disables A.S.S. for reasons...

Of course there's always the option of it simply breaking.

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
I noticed on my test drive a year ago how it caused the vehicle to stumble restarting from a red light. I immediately thought it was more dangerous than whatever the slight savings in gas might be, plus the wear and tear on the starter.

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4 wheel drive L will disable it also

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
because it's stupid, doesn't really save any gas, causes uneccesary wear and tear on the vehicle. They should have at least given us an option to permanently turn it off if we wanted to. I don't want this crap on my Bronco and like my coworkers new GMC truck I hope it's missing the chip for it.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot of conditions that will turn it off. If the A/C is needing to work hard on auto or is set to MAX it won't come on. Various goat modes if you have them won't come on. I think *maybe* if headlights are on it won't come on? Haven't confirmed that one.
Could be all kinds of things. Someone said there was a way in the dash screen to see the reason.. I haven't dug far enough in my menus for that yet. For me since it's been 100 or near 100 for a while it's always the AC keep A.S.S. from activating.

It was annoying on my Bronco Sport because it was not smooth when it started back up, and here I nearly always have the A/C on so it would only shutdown for several seconds then turn back on. (Unless the A/C was blowing max when first turned on)

I really don't mind it on the manual transmission. It only stops if you put it in neutral and release the clutch. So it won't do it at stop signs or other brief stops where you leave it in gear with the clutch in. That was the most annoying thing for me on other auto cars, where it would shut off even though I'm only going to be stopped for 3-5 seconds

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I could be so lucky! I guess I’m just happy I’m still not waiting for one.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned 3 Fords with auto stop/start. There are several reasons why it will legitimately stop working. I know one of them is if the battery voltage goes below a certain threshold. The vehicle will keep working but the computer disables A.S.S. for reasons...

Of course there's always the option of it simply breaking.
Battery is 13.7V or higher so I don't think this is the reason

Wait…this is a bad thing?
Not at all, but I just want to be sure this isn't a harbinger of something more serious.

Are you in sport mode, that disables it as well
In Normal mode

4 wheel drive L will disable it also
In 2H

You're like the golden ticket winner of the auto start/stop feature. I hope mine does that.
I wish I could be so lucky! I guess I’m just happy I’m still not waiting for one.
LOL, Believe me, I am thrilled that I don't have to "push the button" to deactivate it, I am just a wee bit concerned that it is a symptom of something else that is wrong.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because it doesn't actually save gas, and it turns of the Air Conditioner.

I, never, EVER, want the A/C to just turn off because I stopped.

Also the idea that having MAX A/C will auto disable the A/SS is just another Ford Lie.

It also kills batteries.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More important question, how are you only paying $5.29 a gallon?
I want in on that
Sponsored