MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
These are turbo engines that should be left idling to cool them down..especially if you drive it like you stole it...

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same experience, but I have an annoying "Charging System Service Soon" message I have to clear every time I start the Bronco. Nothing is wrong... Battery is steady at 12+volts and I am charging at 14-15 volts all the time, so the major components are all OK. Some gremlin error and I'll chase it down with a Certified Ford Service guy I know well eventually.

But the Auto Start/Stop is gone and I'm pretty steady at 16.9 avg MPG. Count me happy.

JBMas

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strange that when I went to the off-rodeo in Austin and drove a new Bronco all day, I never noticed the auto start-stop. I am guessing they left them all in 4x4 and this thread mentions that bypasses it?? A previous thread mentioned plugging in a simple night light to bypass into 110 outlet. Does anyone know if you plugged in one of those outlet air fresheners if it would bypass? Can it be 12v or 110 to accomplish??

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same experience, but I have an annoying "Charging System Service Soon" message I have to clear every time I start the Bronco. Nothing is wrong... Battery is steady at 12+volts and I am charging at 14-15 volts all the time, so the major components are all OK. Some gremlin error and I'll chase it down with a Certified Ford Service guy I know well eventually.

But the Auto Start/Stop is gone and I'm pretty steady at 16.9 avg MPG. Count me happy.
Good afternoon, Ron! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these “Charging System Service Soon” message concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

Sponsored

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine doesn’t seem to be working. We drove 500 miles after we picked it up and stopped a few times in random towns to eat and it never shut down at one stop. We were in normal mode 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine doesn’t seem to be working. We drove 500 miles after we picked it up and stopped a few times in random towns to eat and it never shut down at one stop. We were in normal mode 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Randomly yesterday @ 523 miles, we stopped in town at a stoplight and it’s now working. 🤷🏼‍♀️ No idea what changed. We haven’t changed driving mode or anything. I’ll DM you if it starts to act up again.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More important question, how are you only paying $5.29 a gallon?
I want in on that
Move! Where I live it's (Lebanon TN) $4.65 for 87 Octane.

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread got me to thinking that I haven't noticed my stop/start feature since a day or two after picking up my Bronco. Engine isn't shutting off. I'm not going to complain, and I'm not going to try to hard to figure out why either!

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if there is a better section to put this in, so mods please move if needed.

I so when I first got my bronco I had to press the button in the middle of the dash to turn off the start/stop functionality.

however sometime in the past week, and I don’t know what caused it, I no longer have to push the button to disable the start/stop. It either no longer works or turns on the next time I restart the car. Not sure which. Also, the light is not activated indicating that the start stop has been manually turned off.

Not sure if this is something I should contact my dealer about, or just enjoy the fact that I no longer have to press the button to disable start/stop.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
Likely you have a low battery.
If it's been sitting in garage a bit and not daily driven then the battery has dropped lower than what auto/start/stop requires.
If you go take a nice long drive and it charges back up, i'm sure you'll be lucky enough for it to turn back on.

This happens to us all the time across Jeep and Ford, as we dont drive much :)

I would recommend putting on battery tender or charger to keep your battery in tip top shape

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Move! Where I live it's (Lebanon TN) $4.65 for 87 Octane.
Wish I could, SoCal (COLA and traffic) sucks and I miss home. Stuck here for the next 3yrs... but only 7 to my second retirement!

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely you have a low battery.
If it's been sitting in garage a bit and not daily driven then the battery has dropped lower than what auto/start/stop requires.
If you go take a nice long drive and it charges back up, i'm sure you'll be lucky enough for it to turn back on.

This happens to us all the time across Jeep and Ford, as we dont drive much :)

I would recommend putting on battery tender or charger to keep your battery in tip top shape
i had to schedule a separate visit to have this checked out.

That visit is finally tomorrow so will know what it is after this visit to thedealership.

Battery voltage is over 14v so I don’t see how that is the problem but what do I know.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it didn't stop/start when the a/c was turned on.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs