First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The thing with auto start stop is basically every car DOES have it now. Even my GT350 has it...although it's never once kicked in for whatever reason.

It doesn't do much in a 15 second stop, no. But when hundreds of thousands of cars have it, it adds up.

I really don't understand the hate for it. It's essentially seamless, I don't even think about it.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How does this tie in with letting the turbo cool down before shutting off
With these itty bitty turbos, and the way start/stop works, it has no effect. Turbos need to cool when they're HOT, and the way you're typically gonna be driving around town these little things aren't really gonna be in the danger zone. Also, it's not shutting down for 15-20 seconds that hurts a turbo. It's getting them nice and hot, then shutting down and staying down, allowing them to sit there and heat-soak, that does damage to turbos.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco on the other hand works perfectly.

It shuts the engine off when I press the brake firmly.
It won't shuts off if I press the brake just enough to keep the car from rolling during stops.

I'm getting used to modulate the foot pressure now. More like start stop foot on demand lol
Works even better if you use the clutch. ;)

Engine is turned off only when you put the car in neutral and lift off the clutch, which is not that bad. Because if you're at a light long enough to do that, having the engine shut down isn't bad.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing with auto start stop is basically every car DOES have it now. Even my GT350 has it...although it's never once kicked in for whatever reason.
Interesting, I'm surprised something like a GT350 has ASS. My Cadillac does *not* have it, which is nice. Then again, I had to pay $2100 to the feds for that privilege (gas guzzler tax).

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does not do anything in the grand scheme of things other than annoy the owner. I installed an autostartstopeliminator. Took about 10 minutes. Money well spent.
I wouldn't say it does nothing. I'm sure you'll think about this feature and the $14 in gas it saved you when you are prematurely replacing the $700 starter and rebuilding the oil starved turbos a month after the warranty is over.
Sponsored