William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don’t know about gas mileage difference. But using forscan and disabling has made me not think about every again.
This will be my plan once delivered, go thru and fix the speakers, add the modes, get rid of ASS and the double honk. No need for anyone with a laptop not to do this for minimal cost.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I did hate it at first. Doesn't bother me at all now.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two minutes and forscan disabled mine. Another 30 seconds on the HVAC module disabled the light on the button.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I am weird, but these have never really bothered me. I actually like it in combo with the MT because if you stall, all you need to do is push the clutch to restart.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only thing I've discovered I don't really like about my Bronco...the automatic engine shutdown feature. It's really not a dislike, I guess. It just generally annoys me because I feel like an engine shutting down for a minute while I'm at a stop light doesn't do much. For it to really matter every car would need this feature, but of course that will never happen. Someone tell me, how much of a difference does leaving this feature on really make?
Engineering Explained did a great video on the fuel savings. Not on the impact of the engine, mid you. A typical engine with the Auto Start/Stop feature saves net-fuel burned as long as the engine is off for more than 7 seconds.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only thing I've discovered I don't really like about my Bronco...the automatic engine shutdown feature. It's really not a dislike, I guess. It just generally annoys me because I feel like an engine shutting down for a minute while I'm at a stop light doesn't do much. For it to really matter every car would need this feature, but of course that will never happen. Someone tell me, how much of a difference does leaving this feature on really make?
It has a pretty significant impact on your gas mileage. If you want to see how much, do a comparison. You can see your MPG drop as you idle.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I am weird, but these have never really bothered me. I actually like it in combo with the MT because if you stall, all you need to do is push the clutch to restart.
Auto restart on stall and AS/S are separate features. If you have AS/S off, and stall, punching the clutch should still restart.

Although, there is very little reason to bother to turn it off in the manual. I only turn it off when I am at the drive-up ATM.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind it at all - and with gas well over $6 a gallon (close to $7)- if it helps stretch my gas mileage a bit, I'm ok with that.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It has a pretty significant impact on your gas mileage. If you want to see how much, do a comparison. You can see your MPOG drop as you idle.
Yea 0 mpg at idle. I’m getting more used to it and don’t disable it as much as I did at first. Debated turning it off but I do know it saves fuel if you are doing a lot of stop and go although it promotes rolling through stop signs 😂

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

on 2019 F-150 you can jumper 2 wires on the A.S.S wiring harness and disable it. Can the same not be done on this one???

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At almost a year it's pretty much second nature to turn it off when I put it in gear. Sometimes I'll forget, get to a light and yell God damnit and turn it off lmao mostly after driving my other vehicles as my Bronco is the only thing I own with it.

I should get the eliminator...

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does not do anything in the grand scheme of things other than annoy the owner. I installed an autostartstopeliminator. Took about 10 minutes. Money well spent.

I did the same thing. Very glad I did.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not much of a computer guy, so I was nervous to mess with the forscan stuff, but it was really easy with all the help from this board. I got rid of all kinds of annoying warnings along with the a.s.s.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Monkey wrench time: doesn’t A.S.S. wear out the starter? I get those will go anyway, but why acceleration its demise?
Sponsored