Sponsored

Auto Start Stop w Doors Off? (Fixed Itself)

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: a day after putting the doors back on, the start stop started working again. It wasn’t immediate…it just randomly started functionally normally after a half dozen short trips and some miles. Others here have reported the same issue. Odd.

The automatic start stop feature on my 7MT Badlands is not working. My doors are currently off

The manual says it is disabled with the drivers door open. Does anyone know if taking the doors off disables it as well?

Yes, I am aware there are other conditions for it to work as well, but these don’t seem to be the cause.

I’d prefer not to rehash the debate other whether it’s a good or bad feature…opinions vary.

Just asking if anyone knows what normal behavior is regarding doors off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Earlier this year when we had a stretch of nice weather I had my doors off for about two weeks. About a week or so into my auto start stopped working as well. No idea why, then when it came time to put the doors back on about a day or two after having them o it worked again

Sponsored
OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Earlier this year when we had a stretch of nice weather I had my doors off for about two weeks. About a week or so into my auto start stopped working as well. No idea why, then when it came time to put the doors back on about a day or two after having them o it worked again
That’s good news - sort of. Perhaps it’s intermittent based on confused codes from the driver’s door. I’ll find out when I put ‘em back on in a couple of days maybe. Thank you for replying.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never had my doors off and once, and only once the start stop feature did not operate.

Reactions: gwp

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get so many bugs when I remove the doors first time I start up. Especially if I don’t have my seatbelt on.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My auto start/stop worked for a few days but I was getting the Brake Hill Assist error in my Ford app and it stopped. Took it to the dealer and they said they did a deep charge and the hill stop error went away and my auto start/stop worked.

So I've had my Bronco since May 20th and I may have had the doors on 4-5 days max. I know the auto worked with the doors off at some point but stopped again. The brake hill assist comes on occasionally but not as much as when I first got it

I guess at some point I'll put the doors back on and see what happens. I do know that I live in the midsouth and it's hot as hell here in the summer which introduces certain variables that would prevent the feature from working.

I'll post what happens when I get them back on and give it a few days.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I put doors back on for the first time in a couple of months. Auto/Start stop did start working again after a day but still took several hours before it first engaged. It isn't 100% on every stop but gained more consistency the longer the doors were own.

Kind of disappointing this hasn't been figured out by @Ford Motor Company

If you take the doors off, it's the same just in reverse. Auto Start/Stop works and then gradually stops over the course of several hours.

Should be all or nothing.

Sponsored

Jimmyanders

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad I found this thread, I was just about to ask. Same issue for me - doors off, pretty soon auto start stop stopped working. Will see when the doors go back on if it works again…

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, just put my doors back on after being off for the last 2 and a half months. So far auto start stop is still not working. Hopefully it starts working in the next couple days. Also my zone lighting isn't working from the FordPass app? tells me to start the vehicle?

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same issue... worked for a bit with them off, then stopped. came back once the doors went back on.
Sponsored