First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would these aux switches work for fire fighter lights and siren/airhorn? Asking for a friend.
I don't see why not. If the amperage on those items is more than the switch capacity, you can use a relay instead to operate them.
Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On the SuperDuty, switches 1-4 are 25A and 5-6 are 40A. 5-6 are selectable between always on and ignition switched power. I'd imagine the Bronco would be similar.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the SuperDuty, switches 1-4 are 25A and 5-6 are 40A. 5-6 are selectable between always on and ignition switched power. I'd imagine the Bronco would be similar.
That would be awesome!

First Name
BBQGlazeSeabass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lights and possibly a starter kill switch for security. If that’s even possible

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add an arduino and use these for inputs to automate processes.

On my Flex, I have it so long-pressing Eject will turn on heated seat / steering wheel (instead of waiting for Sync to boot), and long-press Power turns the screen off.

If Sync4 still has the occasional "whoops guess we're listening to AM radio" glitch, one of them set to switch back to Bluetooth or USB immediately.

Sponsored

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So there are six included/available factory installed auxiliary switches (depending on the model you are getting) for the new Broncos. I for one will probably not be mounting six switches worth of aftermarket lighting to my Bronco. So I am looking for other ideas for how to put these switches to use.

I have heard a few ideas already, such as running a mini fridge or winches. What are some other good uses for these switches?

Or what about less practical, but nonetheless amusing uses for them? I was thinking about labeling one of the buttons “DO NOT TOUCH!” and also rigging it to spray water in the passenger’s face if they flip it.

So let’s hear everybody’s ideas!!

C3272160-B1D6-4BD0-8297-B29F66B31FC2.png
Do you push or pull? I'm installing an air horn with tank! think freight train...
and led traffic advisory light back roof as well as T5 over head, etc.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The loudest frikin truck horn i can find and lights

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

from what we've seen from the pre-prod models, it's like a tray.

see how this one is missing a spot, it's just open. there's another pic showing 2-3 buttons missing.
1597776731810.png

1597776812978.png
why would they not have the switches on the side closer to the driver :unsure:

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish one of the switches could be wired to lockout the climate control system on the passenger side to either SUPER hot in the summer of SUPER cold in the winter. I would flip it whenever some putz in the passenger seat says “Geez, those 35” tires are really loud” or “how much did you pay for This thing”?????

PTown_Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a lightbulb moment today... to get around the issue of no midpackage for MT on the Big Bend, what if I add the aux switches to power aftermarket heated seats and an auto dimming mirror? I don't really need everything in the midpackage, but those two things seem like pretty easy add ons that are nice to have and the aux switches maybe make it easier... anybody ever added those things aftermarket?

Sponsored

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a lightbulb moment today... to get around the issue of no midpackage for MT on the Big Bend, what if I add the aux switches to power aftermarket heated seats and an auto dimming mirror? I don't really need everything in the midpackage, but those two things seem like pretty easy add ons that are nice to have and the aux switches maybe make it easier... anybody ever added those things aftermarket?
I’ve installed heated seats on hundreds of vehicles. I would recommend sticking with the switch included. It will be required for the multiple heat settings. Easy to install the switch on the side seat trim, or center console somewhere.

As for the mirror - either add an aftermarket one (with built-in homelink) or reach up and flip the tab under the mirror.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add an arduino and use these for inputs to automate processes.

On my Flex, I have it so long-pressing Eject will turn on heated seat / steering wheel (instead of waiting for Sync to boot), and long-press Power turns the screen off.

If Sync4 still has the occasional "whoops guess we're listening to AM radio" glitch, one of them set to switch back to Bluetooth or USB immediately.
Is the heated steering wheel on the Bronco going to be controlled by Sync? If so then that what one of the buttons should be used for.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do not all have same capacity. I tried to put fogs on my Raptor on switch 5 and flood and driving light on 6, but it kept blowing the fuse so had to move to switch 2.

I was told that 1 & 2 have most capacity and 5 & 6 have least. 3 and 4 are in middle. Don't remember the numbers. But I'm sure Ford is re-using here not a new implementation of the switches.
I assume the Bronco will work exactly like the other Ford stuff.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/pages/201...nstall-guide-for-led-lights-to-oem-aux-switch

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the heated steering wheel on the Bronco going to be controlled by Sync? If so then that what one of the buttons should be used for.
Thankfully I believe the Bronco will use a physical button. I recall seeing a picture where it appeared the steering wheel button had lights indicating 3 heat levels.

It's a bit of a thinker -- we know some Fords offer three levels of heat on the wheel but Sync only has on/off. The AsBuilt for my Flex has the same temperature listed three times as if it's supposed to be a high/medium/low but all are 68°F
Sponsored