First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
did you ever see any confirmations either way on the metra adapters being backwards? I think I saw another post about it, just installed my center channel and found mine were backwards (wasted a bunch of crimp connectors fixing). Wondering if it’s connectors or incorrect wire diagram.
Nothing official, but I did see several other posts confirming the same.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to get rid of the extra speaker I will buy it off you.
Nothing official, but I did see several other posts confirming the same.
are you referring to the Hoel wiring harnesses for the 4” speakers? White is supposed to be positive. Is this not correct?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone delete/disconnect their center speaker?

I replaced it with the PRV woofer, but didnt really notice a difference compared to replacing the L & R dash speakers. Now I hear some buzzing coming from the center (mostly during podcasts), and I plan to open it back up and try to find the buzz, or possibly disconnect the speaker altogether.

mispagel1

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
are you referring to the Hoel wiring harnesses for the 4” speakers? White is supposed to be positive. Is this not correct?
You can't trust the color of the adapter wire (white or black), it is about which side of the connector it is coming from. Look at the wiring diagram posted on the first page of this thread. Look at the factory color for the positive and ensure that goes through the adapter to the positive on the speaker. My adapters had the factory positive coming out on the black wire and negative terminal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I replaced it with the PRV woofer, but didnt really notice a difference compared to replacing the L & R dash speakers. Now I hear some buzzing coming from the center (mostly during podcasts), and I plan to open it back up and try to find the buzz, or possibly disconnect the speaker altogether.
Im assuming your using stereo mode and not surround? I use surround and the center channel is the most important speaker up front. I wouldn’t cheap out or delete it personally.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just read this and what a good write up. Yes I know I am late to the thread, but still, very informative.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I replaced the center with the PRV (haven't done the FL/FR yet) and I think it sounded great and was almost overpowering the FL/FR. Not knowing the sensitivity of the OEM speakers, I assume the PRV (at 90dB sensitivity) is better, and it was louder at the set volume level. I was going to use a 150Hz bass blocker, but it didn't work so installed without... Then I remembered that the stupid metra adapters (the ones i had anyway) are backwards (black is +) but I had already buttoned up the install. I'll just go with it as is until(if) I blow it and maybe replace with those new neodymium PRVs and the 150hz blocker. I also packed some polyfil down into the giant void in the dash and used dynamat around the rim to limit speaker rattle.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im assuming your using stereo mode and not surround? I use surround and the center channel is the most important speaker up front. I wouldn’t cheap out or delete it personally.
Yeah Stereo mode all the way. Appreciate this thread and the reply.

I replaced the center with the PRV (haven't done the FL/FR yet) and I think it sounded great and was almost overpowering the FL/FR. Not knowing the sensitivity of the OEM speakers, I assume the PRV (at 90dB sensitivity) is better, and it was louder at the set volume level. I was going to use a 150Hz bass blocker, but it didn't work so installed without... Then I remembered that the stupid metra adapters (the ones i had anyway) are backwards (black is +) but I had already buttoned up the install. I'll just go with it as is until(if) I blow it and maybe replace with those new neodymium PRVs and the 150hz blocker. I also packed some polyfil down into the giant void in the dash and used dynamat around the rim to limit speaker rattle.
Thanks. Great to know how much of an improvement it was over stock. The Hertz CX100 I put in the FL and FR at the same time as the PRV in the center just sounded so much better than stock that I couldn’t really tell what the PRV did for me.
I’ll try a bass blocker and dynamat/polyfil combo. It doesn’t need to go very low. I’ve got 6.5” components in the rear and an 8” kicker sub ready to replace the B&O one.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah Stereo mode all the way. Appreciate this thread and the reply.

Thanks. Great to know how much of an improvement it was over stock. The Hertz CX100 I put in the FL and FR at the same time as the PRV in the center just sounded so much better than stock that I couldn’t really tell what the PRV did for me.
I’ll try a bass blocker and dynamat/polyfil combo. It doesn’t need to go very low. I’ve got 6.5” components in the rear and an 8” kicker sub ready to replace the B&O one.

I was shocked at the power of that PRV. Glad I didn't do the FL/FR so I could actually hear a difference. I have the hertz DCX 100.3 for FL/FR ready to go just waiting on more metra adapter kits from Crutchfield. Hopefully they will have corrected their pos/neg color code issue, but if not I'll try to remember when I'm building the kit with the 300hz bass blockers this time on the corners.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished replacing the dash and pod speakers on a B&O system. Is it safe to assume that the L/R dash speakers are main receiving treble/tweeter output from amp/dsp? Seems like center speaker is carrying the midrange.

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The information in this post is amazing and overwhelming at the same time. But it did inspire me to give a go at upgrading my B&O system. Personally I thought the system sounded good, not amazing, but pretty good. However, once the top came off and the volume went up I lost it. So I started with the front R/L and used the Infinity Reference REF-4032CFX 4" 2-Way Car Speakers. I purchased the connectors on eBay with the base blockers. I also filled the void beneath both speakers with Kilmat as suggested. It might be my hearing but I don't notice much of a difference between the factory speakers and the Infinity's. I even thought it might have been slightly worse with the base blockers so I removed them. Maybe now it sounds slightly better/clearer at higher volumes but it's definitely not very obvious. No one in my family knows that I changed the speakers and my wife and kids haven't mentioned it, even after blasting tunes on an hour long ride to the beach today. I'm just wondering if it might be the speaker I chose (Infinity Reference as opposed to Kicker, Focal, Hertz, etc), or that I haven't also upgraded the center channel yet, or just me. I've tried both stereo and surround options too. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. The lack of noticeable improvement has made be reluctant to go further and upgrade the center channel and rear pod speakers to 6.5s as I was planning. Thanks Doug

zone23

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have a link for the 4" wiring harness please, I can't seem to find one.