Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, Ford Pass for the phone app. Not sure if this works better or worse and 'needs' the keyless panel.
Yes, factory tow and wiring
Yes, pre-wiring. The Filson package showed a horrid toggle switch / label machine underdash to control lights and accessories. For showed the internal switch panel (beautiful if real) and these are all pre-wired to the fuse box. So, basically you just need to run wires from the engine bay to the accessories but the cabin in clean of wires. BTW, this is the actual Bronco accessories picture I found with the white/grey interior pics. Assume those led light above the rear view are the switches...
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-23

Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-1

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not trying to be rude but the keypad has been around on Fords since at least 1980. You just have to search the internet or look at vehicles other than the Bronco on the Ford website to see what it is all about.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not trying to be rude but the keypad has been around on Fords since at least 1980. You just have to search the internet or look at vehicles other than the Bronco on the Ford website to see what it is all about.
I have had them on previous vehicles. However, it was suggested that it is movable (to under the gas cap filler door). That would be news to me as I thought it was hardwired. I am assuming it has NOT evolved to a non-hardwired version.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, Ford Pass for the phone app. Not sure if this works better or worse and 'needs' the keyless panel.
Yes, factory tow and wiring
Yes, pre-wiring. The Filson package showed a horrid toggle switch / label machine underdash to control lights and accessories. For showed the internal switch panel (beautiful if real) and these are all pre-wired to the fuse box. So, basically you just need to run wires from the engine bay to the accessories but the cabin in clean of wires. BTW, this is the actual Bronco accessories picture I found with the white/grey interior pics. Assume those led light above the rear view are the switches...

They look really cool. Seems like this option is worth it to "future proof" the vehicle.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my keypad on my truck. I use it all the time. Example: out doing yard work need to open the garage don't have my key fob... Bomb type code open for them open garage. I just love it.
Or going on a trail hide the keys in the truck use the keypad to open it.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had them on previous vehicles. However, it was suggested that it is movable (to under the gas cap filler door). That would be news to me as I thought it was hardwired. I am assuming it has NOT evolved to a non-hardwired version.
All the photos and B&P show the same pad that is used on the Ranger. That one is battery powered and wireless. Ranger owners have moved them around.

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09’ F150, 89’ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decide I want the keypad after buying the truck couldn’t it be added through a Ford dealership?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A very early generation was wired. Some fords had them baked into the B pillar.

But the black “puck” style ones have been wireless for quite some time. They are basically just your keychain fob with a keypad and adhesive on the back.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Keypad is an awesome feature that I use all the time. Its a must for me.
2. Tow package installed and wired from factory is great. Don't have to mess with running wires...
3. Aux switches are pre-wired to a box under the hood and another inside the vehicle for connecting lights or anything you want powered inside or outside of vehicle.
4. Roof rails look like they are easy to mount/un-mount, so getting it from factory is not that big of a deal, if you can't get them on B&P, just buy them later. Can remove front 2 panels with rack installed, not the middle section(4 door), or rear section.
5. I would think you could fit 32" tires on base without rubbing. Maybe 33"? No one knows yet...
Curious. why do you use the keypad? Can't you just open the door with the fob in your pocket?

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious. why do you use the keypad? Can't you just open the door with the fob in your pocket?
1. Lock my keys in my truck for a day on the beach/lake. No chance of them getting lost or stolen.
2. Kayaking/Mountain Biking/Dirt Biking?etc...zero chance of losing keys when doing any outdoor activity.
3. Wife needs access to my truck when I am at work and not available, she can get in without needing a fob. This works the other way around, and works with other family member's cars too.
4. Don't like carrying keys normally, so just lock them in the vehicle.

I have not had a vehicle with Intelligent access on the door handles or push-to-start, so I may carry my keys more and use that feature? Its just nice to lock the truck up and know my keys are safe and won't get lost.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
A very early generation was wired. Some fords had them baked into the B pillar.

But the black “puck” style ones have been wireless for quite some time. They are basically just your keychain fob with a keypad and adhesive on the back.
The one on my wife's MKC is not noticeable and is baked into the B-Pillar and illuminates when you get to the door (red on black background). I assumed that it was hard wired. In theory, you could hide it somewhere else then? Thanks!

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Presumably if you have a Bronco, you would be into adventure stuff such as skiing, hiking, biking, canoeing, etc. where taking a Key FOB that could get damaged, lost or submerged is not ideal.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one on my wife's MKC is not noticeable and is baked into the B-Pillar and illuminates when you get to the door (red on black background). I assumed that it was hard wired. In theory, you could hide it somewhere else then? Thanks!
Yeah. That’s the nice one. Unfortunately they decided to go with the stick on one for the Bronco.

I guess the up side is you could add it later without issue.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All the photos and B&P show the same pad that is used on the Ranger. That one is battery powered and wireless. Ranger owners have moved them around.
what happens when you lock your keys in the bronco and the batteries in the keypad die? can you get in or are you stranded?
Sponsored