Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On the towing, if I install a hitch and wiring myself, that is likely to be easy (is on the Wrangler). The question I have is: will the Trailer Sway software be enabled if I don’t order the tow package, and if not, is there a way to enable it?
with Forescan, you can do a boat load of change configurations on a Ford. Just takes some time to build up the reference info on all the changes.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is movable? I thought it was wired, no?
Ford Pass is completely separate from the keypad. Ford Pass is a cell phone app, the keypad is a physical device. Look at almost any other Ford to see what the keypad might look like.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jalopnik just had an article about the keypads.
https://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-deal-with-those-little-door-keypads-that-on-1845464887

One benefit to the pad over the app is that it allows you to leave your phone in the car (or home) too.

Additionally the app will only work if you have cell service. If you are out in the middle of nowhere you won't be able to unlock your car with the app. And remember it takes two cell connections (your phone and your car) so both need to be able to connect.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The other benefit of the keypad (have it on my Fusion) is that you can park and run into the deli with the car running and A/C and tunes on for the dog and LOCK the car. I don't think the app will let you lock the car with it running (never tried) and you certainly can't lock with with the key fob when it is running. For those about to criticize leaving the dog in the car - the deli has street parking right in front and the car is always visible from inside.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Pass is completely separate from the keypad. Ford Pass is a cell phone app, the keypad is a physical device. Look at almost any other Ford to see what the keypad might look like.
Sorry... I meant the keypad is hardwired. My response was suppose to be about the Keypad, not FordPass.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the question about the keypad, my understanding is that there is a free app that you can install on your phone that locks/unlocks the doors. If that is true, I will use that instead because I think the keypad looks a bit dated. If it is not true, I may put it behind the fuel door (like others suggested) if it fits in there.
To clarify, I mean to respond to this.

Is the KEYPAD movable, not FordPass.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry... I meant the keypad is hardwired. My response was suppose to be about the Keypad, not FordPass.
Why would you wan to move it? It will likely be mounted in the driver's side B-pillar like it is on most new Fords.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the pictures show a removable TAB area for the Roof Rack above the windshield. It is likely dealer installed and does not require drilling. I may just go 100% aftermarket with this then.

If it were factory installed and required drilling, I would make a point of getting it upfront.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

about the first point - helpful when your keys are elsewhere and your bronco is locked and the doors are on and the roof is on and you don't feel like going to get your keys. that's why it's helpful to have a keypad...

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a SAVE button on the build n price? How do you save your configuration?
you can click print and save it as a pdf, but idk about saving it to your account

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jalopnik just had an article about the keypads.
https://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-deal-with-those-little-door-keypads-that-on-1845464887

One benefit to the pad over the app is that it allows you to leave your phone in the car (or home) too.

Additionally the app will only work if you have cell service. If you are out in the middle of nowhere you won't be able to unlock your car with the app. And remember it takes two cell connections (your phone and your car) so both need to be able to connect.
Thanks for the reminder. If you are really "overlanding" like your options are signaling to others... then you probably want the keypad.
Sponsored

Last edited: