First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way! I have been watching Jeep videos on car seats and it does not look like much fun. The biggest obstacle in the Jeep is that the rear seat is a bench in the videos I have seen. I think Bronco may have an advantage here with rear bucket seats that fold down individually. I think I may be best off to open rear, have one seat folded down, and bring infant seat in through the back. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 month old newborn and I am also curious to see if a baby seat will work in the back seats of the 2-door. I asked my brother in Colorado to see if he could put his in the Bronco at the event open to the public there. Hoping they'll let him. Most likely they won't.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“I am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way!.....Anyone have any thoughts?”

??

Yeah, get a 4 door!?

Seriously!
Just picture yourself taking that car seat with your treasure strapped in it and moving it in and out of the truck at an awkward back straining angle with the front seat tilted forward. Now picture doing that thousands of times in all sorts of weather, sleet, snow, rain, heat.

Now picture your wife doing that alone when you’re not with them!

And congrats!??

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will most likely work with 2 door just may be a little more pain in the butt. For those on previous threads that say no and get a 4 door you just aren’t using your imagination. Had many friends with mustangs fit baby seat in the back and mustang is waayy less room than a Bronco. It will fit but depends if you want to use it or not.

Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just get the two door, you will be fine! My son is 8 and when he was born we had a Lincoln Mark VIII (2 door) and a single cab Ranger. It worked. My Ranger was getting up there in miles and I gave it to my father in law and bought an '06 Explorer. I hated it, and I hope you never know the torture that is a rear seat DVD player with a young child. We got a '96 Bronco around the same time we had the Explorer and my little guy had no problem climbing into his seat in the back, wasn't too bad to buckle him in either. I remember having to pass my niece's infant seat in through the rear window though because we couldn't get her through the door lol.

I will get a two door and I have will have zero regrets. My 8 year old want's a 4 door but he ain't paying for it or driving it, and he's not getting any siblings ?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations!

It's not that long to bother with the carseat. If you have one of those where you leave them in a carrier that snaps into the base on the car and a stroller, then it's a breeze and most switch from rear to forward facing and after you're done with that one it's a cheaper one you can leave inside the Jeep.

I kept my Mustang convertible the whole time my kid needed that first seat. It's not that big of a deal. Just try to get some sleep
...muahahaha!!

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get what suits you, but as a mom who has struggled with trying to get a car seat in and out of a car......well let’s just say that $&@! requires an engineering degree. Your wife might prefer to hitchhike with the baby than deal with the trouble of a two door is all’s I’m saying........

Mhumbach

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats!!! We have a 9 month old here. I would say go with 4 door. At first it’s easy to get the baby in and out but once they start fighting you, you’ll enjoy the extra room. We have a 2018 Edge and 2019 Silverado Crew Cab

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends on how often you need to move the car seat.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to answer the thread title, a baby seat will not work better in a 2 door. Doesn’t matter what way you look at it or how many people say different. That’s not even debatable.
But, if you really want a 2 door and you’re dreading getting a 4 door than just get what you want. It will be a big pain to reach back their and it’s going to be worse when you have a forward facing seat because you can’t just click the seat in to the base. Now you have to actually place them in the seat and then strap them in. You’re going to have to step half way up in to the Bronco to reach the straps and all. Remember they are going to be in a car seat for about 5 or 6 years. That’s a long time dealing with that.
Plus if you get 4 door you will have room for other things and more people. Just my opinion.
We have 3 kids that are close in age. We have been using car seats for the last 10 years and will be for another 3 years or so. I have some experience with this.
Oh, get as much sleep as you can. You’re going to be missing it for a while after the baby comes. Good luck!!
?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is like what we had. It clicked into the base and then pulled out without disturbing the kid and clicked into a stroller and even balanced on the top of a shopping cart. (Obligatory: always watch your kid)

Ford Bronco Baby Seat may work better in 2 door Bronco than Jeep 7113bfee-549b-46c9-8fdf-cdcb3638fc80_1.a7ca39f0bd5d8f7776ed985e9ce6675c

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A 2 door is do-able. I had 2 babies 13 months apart riding in my late 90's Honda Accord coupe. Needless to say, nobody else was riding with us. When we transitioned to a 4 door SUV (dvd player and all) they were already in toddler seats and it was definitely a relief. I think that if you get a 2 door, you just have to expect that inconvenience. Congratulations to you! You sure it's not twins?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is like what we had. It clicked into the base and then pulled out without disturbing the kid and clicked into a stroller and even balanced on the top of a shopping cart. (Obligatory: always watch your kid)

Ford Bronco Baby Seat may work better in 2 door Bronco than Jeep 7113bfee-549b-46c9-8fdf-cdcb3638fc80_1.a7ca39f0bd5d8f7776ed985e9ce6675c
Yes! This type makes things easier while they can still fit. When they move up in size, it’s gets harder to reach the back from the front.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so back in my bimmer days. the e46 (2004-2008?) 2 door m3 guys said it was easier to get their kids in and out of the coupes than the sedans. biggest reason was that they were able to stand in the footwell infant of the baby seat versus on the side. so 2 door could be better. but if you plan on taking a stroller with out as well, you might not be able to get it to fit and lets say go shopping.
Sponsored