Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“I am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way!.....Anyone have any thoughts?”

??

Yeah, get a 4 door!?

Seriously!
Just picture yourself taking that car seat with your treasure strapped in it and moving it in and out of the truck at an awkward back straining angle with the front seat tilted forward. Now picture doing that thousands of times in all sorts of weather, sleet, snow, rain, heat.

Now picture your wife doing that alone when you’re not with them!

And congrats!??
Better solution: my wife's vehicle is the people mover, not mine. I'll be fine with occasionally putting a car seat in mine (probably less than once a month)
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2 door when both of my kids were born. Now we have guardianship of my granddaughter and I would never think of doing it with 2 doors. Kids should be in rear facing seats until they are at least two years old. And safest position is in the middle of the rear seat. Which obviously isn't possible with a two door Bronco. Speaking for myself I would put the safety of my baby way above my desires for a 2 door.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifting a child up and back in a challenge.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“I am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way!.....Anyone have any thoughts?”

??

Yeah, get a 4 door!?

Seriously!
Just picture yourself taking that car seat with your treasure strapped in it and moving it in and out of the truck at an awkward back straining angle with the front seat tilted forward. Now picture doing that thousands of times in all sorts of weather, sleet, snow, rain, heat.

Now picture your wife doing that alone when you’re not with them!

And congrats!??
I'm with this guy. You are going to have to gauge your wife on this one. Getting a two door and having your wife get super frustrated loading kids in that thing is a fast track to getting a minivan. When you have kids the calculus changes. It's not about getting what you want, you are playing defense against getting shitty cars. (Having said that, I actually don't mind our minivan, it's useful. But I'm still getting a 4-door Bronco)
Sponsored