Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am VERY pissed at this thread as my 7/21 Dirt Mountain Bronco is still there and almost 80% of DM Broncos have been released and this will likely make my stay there indefinite. Fuck!

Having said that we want these tops right with high quality. And speaking of quality, look what Jim Farley tweeted TODAY. Sure seems they like to test in every single way and on 5 continents before anything gets to customers. Well, that is except the MIC top, that is not tested in any way nor on any continent.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 8F9655CA-2943-42B3-AE3E-6EF85A24EB29

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they can make a Wrangler top, no problem. But a Bronco top? Forget it... "Too complicated."

I don't even have a MIC top on my order (at least, not anymore) and this stuff infuriates me. Ok, the first round of MIC tops had an issue... I can understand - They did the right thing and paused it. However MIC 2.0 is supposed to be the solution - Spend more time, money, and/or effort on making it right so we don't need a 3.0...

</rant>

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd switch mine but FE's are forced to have the MIC...

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how do you know it is actually a MIC 2.0 top (other than your Bronco build date). Those sure look like unfinished edges to me. Is it plausible that a MIC 1.0 could have accidentally made it to the assembly line on 10/1???
My top has a decal that says the resin was applied on 9/21 at 00:07 so it's a MIC 2.0 but maybe the issue is it was done by a bleary-eyed new hire in the middle of the night?o_O

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why the F are so many on board for the MIC in the first place? It's the ugliest family truckster top I've seen. At least Jeep puts rain gutters on theirs. I can maybe understand the MOD top but no way the MIC. A roto-molded plastic top would be far superior. To top it off you are paying an extra $695 for that and waiting who knows how long! But I live in snow country!?
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 8F9655CA-2943-42B3-AE3E-6EF85A24EB29

Everyone say no to the Ford Flex top and hopefully Ford puts it in the trash bin and redesigns it from the frame up!
For Christ's sake, if only I could buy a new Flex on this chassis at this point!

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well seems like you maybe can't build a quality top within the weight limitation specs. All the problems not just tops seem to be related....hmmm
This

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well...there ya go. We trust Ford to fix MIC top properly and they let us down. Fool me once...

Ford has done more to damage their brand more than any other company I can remember...save for Enron.
And to think, someone was giving me a hard time about my last name.... I wouldn't want to be named Ford at this point in time.

Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My top has a decal that says the resin was applied on 9/21 at 00:07 so it's a MIC 2.0 but maybe the issue is it was done by a bleary-eyed new hire in the middle of the night?o_O
wheres this decal? I will get up from my chair and go look when you respond. I have already gone to the garage 5 times since I started reading this thread :)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know, I had several Miatas that never had a single issue with the hardtop. As a matter of fact, even my Ferrari hydraulic convertible top has less issues than this.... (and believe me, that's saying something). LOL

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wheres this decal? I will get up from my chair and go look when you respond. I have already gone to the garage 5 times since I started reading this thread :)
Ya, it's clear that there is no adult supervision at Webasto.