Sponsored

Badlands Manual - Standard, Mid, or High Package?

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up going with Lux.... only going to ad like 7$ a week to my payment.
Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
P365 and 3 month old tires on the "old" F150 with anti lock brakes and air bags....
I have the same handgun; a marvel of packaging, but its effective range in my hands isn't much longer than a thrown rock. Since you have a 'safe' vehicle, clearly my comment wasn't aimed at you.

And @Ryuk , you drive a 1200cc motorcycle, so clearly risk assessment is not a prime driver of your decision-making.

Shamrocklax03

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500/2014 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux, I have had a taste of luxury in my Ram 1500 that I just turned in after 2 years. Unfortunately, I can't go without upgraded audio and a heated steering wheel. I am also excited about the wireless charging and adaptive cruise control as I plan to take many long road trips in an overland camper.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And @Ryuk , you drive a 1200cc motorcycle, so clearly risk assessment is not a prime driver of your decision-making.
And then you double down and make more unfounded and uneducated stereotypes.
You sure have some biased opinions.

Riding a motorcycle is the epitome of risk assessment. It starts before you get on the bike. A full safety check is a prerequisite to every ride. You don't survive on 2 wheels without being an expert at risk assessment. It's a necessity when you don't have a cage around you. I understand that if I get into an accident on a motorcycle it may be my last, but depending on circumstances, the same could be true in a car, truck, airplane. I don't and won't live my life in fear.

I am still waiting for some facts that show CC gun owners don't maintain their vehicles and let their tires go bald.

My Motorcycle gets new rubber every 3000 miles
My Alfa Romeo gets new rubber every 5-7000 miles depending on wear
and my other vehicles are replaced as needed

I sure am glad I don't live in a world, where an object that weighs less than a full coffee travel mug is considered heavy.

I came to thread looking to see if there was any information on the underbody camera's included in the High Package. If I could see how they work and the view you get, it may convince me to bump up 1 level. but for now, I am sticking with the Mid Package.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still waiting for some facts that show CC gun owners don't maintain their vehicles and let their tires go bald.
I didn't claim that relationship; I just said I'm "amazed" by folks that carry everywhere 'for protection' but drive unsafe vehicles (I know at least a dozen people like this). I carry in the wilderness (since I've encountered too many weirdos out there), but a firearm doesn't 'buy its way on' in my suburban dad daily routine. If I was an urban drug dealer or something, I'd have a different assessment.

Back on topic: ACC/automatic braking reduce your chance of rear-ending someone by almost 50%. I see of lot of folks claiming statistics don't apply to them, but clearly we aren't all perfect drivers or there wouldn't be almost 40k highway deaths per year in this country. It's easy to say "just pay attention", which is good advice. But paying attention+collision avoidance tech is the best possible combination for "protection" from killing/being killed on the road.

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the LUX but feel like I might drop to the high when I get a delivery date. I doubt the stereo will be that much better considering the limitations of the cabin - then again it's already $46k, so why not make $48k...

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't claim that relationship; I just said I'm "amazed" by folks that carry everywhere 'for protection' but drive unsafe vehicles (I know at least a dozen people like this). I carry in the wilderness (since I've encountered too many weirdos out there), but a firearm doesn't 'buy its way on' in my suburban dad daily routine. If I was an urban drug dealer or something, I'd have a different assessment.
You implied the relationship and now you are implying that those who CC are urban drug dealers.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All these stats, the in-fighting, the inferences about people's tire maintenance, but in all that, we may have missed the fact that there's another future Bronco owner who also has an Alfa (a 4C at that).

You can go back to the bickering now...

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux for heated steering wheel.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was exactly the thread I needed to read. Still haven't decided because I'm stuck in the same boat.

My absolute sweet spot of a vehicle would be manual Black diamond mid package but of course Ford said no to that. So if I decide no package I'll just go manual Black diamond. However, I like the mid. But if I'm going Badlands might as well consider high or lux.

I believe the 12" screen is a detriment to attentive driving, and all of the "aids" to enable/encourage/promote drivers to be less attentive are the opposite of what roadways need.
I go back and forth on this thought. On one hand, I agree with you. I've been driving all these years without this extra technology and I haven't crashed.

On the other hand, I can think of 2 times in my life where I was insanely lucky that I caught a bad situation from developing into a crash because my attention was off the road (once was looking in my rear mirror too long and once reaching to change the radio). I guarantee these new safety features would've caught it before me. So I'm split on how I feel. I know myself well enough that I think I would learn to trust the tech too much and possibly not focus 100% on driving 100% of the time.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My absolute sweet spot of a vehicle would be manual Black diamond mid package but of course Ford said no to that. So if I decide no package I'll just go manual Black diamond. However, I like the mid. But if I'm going Badlands might as well consider high or lux.
Same exact situation, same sweet spot. Same thoughts about going with High or Lux if I went Badlands. I ultimately decided to go with Black Diamond without Mid, to keep the 7MT. Ford got less out of me than they could have.

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Personally going Manual Bandlands High and think both High and Mid are good values when it comes to features

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mid package for me for the heated seats, dual-zone climate, and keyless access. If I could have gotten the mid on a MT BD, I would have gone that route.
Sponsored

Last edited: