First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands on order, did not Sasquatch. Starting to wonder, besides the tires, wheels, larger flares what it also includes on this package.
Looking for some crawling, sand, trail capability. Not looking for large obstacle clearance.
Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Badlands on order, did not Sasquatch. Starting to wonder, besides the tires, wheels, larger flares what it also includes on this package.
Looking for some crawling, sand, trail capability. Not looking for large obstacle clearance.
Seems like you already have a good idea; no other major differences. The SAS bilsteins give a purported mild lift over badlands bilsteins but there's been research that it comes at cost of articulation

SAS tire contact patch gives arguably better 'float' on sand, but I'd say that's marginal. You're narrower with non-SAS badlands and to me that's stronger point for (narrow) trail capability (esp if you ordered 4dr)

Seems like you made the right choice

Sincerely,

Dude spending too much $ upsizing to 37s right now

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always go the aftermarket route. I had the non SAS, but I have upgraded to Fabtech /w Dirt Logic Coilover lift. I am also on 37's. Though honestly I am regulated to FL parks, but its still fun.

The lift is great and the ride is very good. The cooper STT Pro's work very well on the streets as well as with the rough stuff.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gears too depending on if an auto or stick.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest thing it is missing is the axle ratio if you ordered an automatic transmission. Non-Sas is 4.46 ratio, Sas is 4.70.

Everything else is wheels/tires/suspension... everything that can be swapped easily.

To @BigHoof's point... If you ordered the manual... no worries because 4.70 axle ratio is standard.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rockhound

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like you already have a good idea; no other major differences. The SAS bilsteins give a purported mild lift over badlands bilsteins but there's been research that it comes at cost of articulation

SAS tire contact patch gives arguably better 'float' on sand, but I'd say that's marginal. You're narrower with non-SAS badlands and to me that's stronger point for (narrow) trail capability (esp if you ordered 4dr)

Seems like you made the right choice

Sincerely,

Dude spending too much $ upsizing to 37s right now
Good point, thanks. Currently in a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, 3in lift on 32’s. It does what I need, just aging and getting harder to find expensive parts. The 265/65 18 tires are not floaty in sand, but I get anywhere I want to go.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I did the same thing, saved $4000 and did the Sasquatch myself for less than $1200-1500. I even got the fenders to match a Sasquatch. There's hardly $4000 worth of equipment. Keep in mind, some Badlands will have different option packages that don't make it that sizeable a difference, but mine was a stripped 2 door, no options with a manual, so the difference was huge, $4000. I sit about an 1 1/2" higher than a SASQ up front and a 1/2" at the rear for a level look. I initially did a 1" lift all around, but didn't like it, so finished the front with a 2" lift. Not crazy, but gives it a nice stance. IMHO.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion, you're probably fine as is. I ordered just like yours and ran it all over the desert in Utah absolutely fine on the stock BFGs. I only started lifting (mildly, GRT Perch Collar lift) when I got to climbing up and down rocks in the mountains and Moab and the like.

Frankly, choosing my own lift, wheels and tires, once I'd run it a while up and down mountains let me get it just right for me anyway, so I have very few regrets.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the non-SAS BL's come with auto way bar disconnect?

We're planning on running mild trails in stock form and hope to avoid any warranty arguments, so a SAS package is a good option us. If we had to do it over we'd order the SAS package again.

Sure you can get it close for less money, but our goal was to have the most capable vehicle possible off the production line.

Last edited:

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Non-Sas Badlands has automatic sway disconnect. I'm on a non-sas Badlands with high package, and I've been out for the last 2 weeks in Colorado, Moab, Montana, Idaho... I haven't run into anything that this thing can't handle other than mud, but that's the price you pay for the smooth on road experience of all-terrain tires on a long road trip. Unless you're doing some kind of extreme rock crawling (and in a brand new Badlands, unless you're totally loaded $$$$, why...?), the difference between sas and non-sas is negligible on a Badlands.
Sponsored