First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's false. One engineer supposedly told one dude on here that, and he repeated it again and again...every other Ford contact has said that Sasquatch is lifted more than a regular Badlands. It is also extremely clear in the pictures of a Badlands with 35s (Overland prototype) v. a Sasquatched vehicle. The specs also indicate a higher vehicle with Sasquatch v. Badlands.

The Sasquatch suspension is lifted more than the stock Badlands...through taller shocks and stiffer springs.
I'm debating whether or not I want to Squatch my Badlands, and haven't decided yet. Quick question, but do I really want stiffer springs? I know when I go on 4WD roads in my current vehicle vs. riding in my brother-in-law's Super Duty, the ride is much nicer on my softer Bilsteins. Assume my normal off-road use will be hardish trails vs. hardcore rock crawling.

Chris
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The sasqatch also come with bilstien shocks

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm debating whether or not I want to Squatch my Badlands, and haven't decided yet. Quick question, but do I really want stiffer springs? I know when I go on 4WD roads in my current vehicle vs. riding in my brother-in-law's Super Duty, the ride is much nicer on my softer Bilsteins. Assume my normal off-road use will be hardish trails vs. hardcore rock crawling.

Chris
That's going to be hard to say....when I put stiffer springs in my FJ with stock Bilsteins to raise the front of the truck, it made it better, less dive in turns, less body roll, better handling. No downsides...but no one has driven the Bronco yet. Who knows how that would react? I would bet it's fine and would be appreciated with the added ride height with the Sasquatch. Probably wouldn't notice any additional harshness.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's going to be hard to say....when I put stiffer springs in my FJ with stock Bilsteins to raise the front of the truck, it made it better, less dive in turns, less body roll, better handling. No downsides...but no one has driven the Bronco yet. Who knows how that would react? I would bet it's fine and would be appreciated with the added ride height with the Sasquatch. Probably wouldn't notice any additional harshness.
Sure. Thanks for the input. I'm just torn because I currently have 31.5" KO2s on my Xterra and I like them a lot. Obviously 35's would be a more dramatic upgrade, but I haven't had any problem on my trails with my current set up. A Badlands w/ 33's would still be an upgrade, especially when you add a front locker and disco. If I can, indeed, get the 4.70 gearing, I'll probably forego the Squatching. If it isn't available on the Badlands without paying extra, then I'm probably a coin flip at the moment.

Chris

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's false. One engineer supposedly told one dude on here that, and he repeated it again and again...every other Ford contact has said that Sasquatch is lifted more than a regular Badlands. It is also extremely clear in the pictures of a Badlands with 35s (Overland prototype) v. a Sasquatched vehicle. The specs also indicate a higher vehicle with Sasquatch v. Badlands.

The Sasquatch suspension is lifted more than the stock Badlands...through taller shocks and stiffer springs.
I don’t think all of this is accurate. The Overland Concept has been repeatably confirmed to be a Sasquatch prototype suspension and the Filson Concept is aLeo Sasquatch prototype suspension , but is closer to production Sasquatch Production than the Overland. The Sasquatch suspension is limited by 10mm bump stops and may or may not have stiffer springs.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's everything we know for certain about the Sasquatch suspension compared to the Badlands, as confirmed directly from Ford representatives:

1. It's the same as the Badlands.
2. It's totally different than the Badlands.
3. The only difference is a 10mm bump stop.
4. The only difference is a 10mm riser.
6. The difference is stiffer springs.
7. The difference is longer shocks.
8. It has both stiffer springs and longer shocks.

I may have missed something, feel free to fill in the gaps if I did.

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i'm really curious about this as well, debating on wildtrack already with 6cyl auto mid package and sasquatch standard, or badlands built up with all that added to it. if the only difference is miniscule and stuff i may be able to do a/m for cheaper then i would forgo the wildtrack for the badlands w/o the squatch and add the lux package. the only hold up i have right now are the seats, we have an 80lbs german shepherd and live in texas where it gets hot and humid and dont know how i feel about mgv. we have always had cloth due to our dog going everywhere with us
I would just throw some neoprene seat covers on when the dog is traveling with you...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a lot of misinformation here. Ford engineers have clearly stated (and there's many threads here covering it) that the ONLY difference in the suspension is 10mm up travel limiters on the Sasquatch package so the 35s don't rub. The BL trim therefore has the most travel by only 10mm and an identical ride height and spring rate. The badlands and first edition are also the only trims with the sway bar disconnect. So to answer you question, no. You've got them all.
They wouldn't have the same ride height if the Badsquatch comes with 35s vs the BL 33s, that's roughly 1" of increased ride height on Badsquatch.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't agree with you for a couple reasons. 1) If 10mm up travel was only difference between Badlands and Squatch, then why is the Badlands Overland concept with 35s so low? Those 35s are much more crammed in the wheel well then all the other Squatch vehicles we've seen, so this leads me to believe Squatch has additional lift over Badlands. 2) Ford describes Badlands suspension as "unique" and it wouldn't be if shared with Squatch. 3) Seems obvious that Badlands designed for 33s would have different suspensions that Squatch designed for 35s. 4) Wildtrak height (4dr) is 75.3", Badlands 73.9". That's a 1.4" difference. Subtract 1" for tire lift and you're left with .4" difference. Based on this, I'd assumed Squatch lift is at least .4" higher than BL. 5) Badlands has about 4cm of additional travel relative to Base (incl other trims). I don't believe Squatch has this additional travel, pretty sure it does not. BL and SAS maybe have different arm geometry? It seems reasonable to believe there may be much difference between BL and Squatch suspensions.

Crazy Ford simply doesn't provide this information!
Pretty sure the BL Overland concept has the standard BL flares vs the squatch flares that have a larger opening.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Big question for me is - if I order a standard badlands, what parts would I need if I wanted to make it into a Sasquatch... minus the wheels and tires part.
All of us Badlands folks have the same question. Ford said 10MM spacer - but we don't trust that is all.

Pretty sure the BL Overland concept has the standard BL flares vs the squatch flares that have a larger opening.
The rear flares on the overland have that crease in where it lines up with the bumper like the Squatch flares have, and I think one rep said they are Squatch flares.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of us Badlands folks have the same question. Ford said 10MM spacer - but we don't trust that is all.
Where did they say that? I don' think "they" ever mentioned a "spacer". 10mm stops to limit up-travel have been repeated by reps, and so have stiffer springs to provide more lift. I've never heard from any of them that they are using spacers anywhere. No way they put in a spacer lift.

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm seeing the comments here that the SAS would have stiffer springs and toller shocks on the Wildtrak. So, could I assume the springs are softer on the BL therefore a softer suspension? Which I would prefer the softer setup if this is the case.