AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base is too plain and no mid package. BD is my best option but I still need AT, I'm tired of MT
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone notice that the difference in pricing is about $2,500 from the 2-door to the 4-door for most models however for the Base model, the difference is nearly twice as much...a whopping $4,700?
Note that the base 2-door was discounted to be just under $30K for marketing purposes. They want to be able to say "starting at under $30K".

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait a minute. Are there really this many people that aren’t aware of the Base 4 door being auto only?
I guess a bunch of people just don’t check the Ford website. If you’re getting all your info from other sources than the Ford website, your possibly getting wrong info. Maybe this is why there are so many crazy rumors running around everywhere....... ?

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see them selling many Base 4-door models with that pricing strategy.

Sponsored

Illini_STL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Assuming website is right, I agree it is interesting they are not offering the base 4 door in a manual. I would assume base 4 door will be the standard rental order, so maybe that has something to do with it...?

As for not selling base 4 doors because it only comes in auto, I'd assume it will sell just fine. ~88% of new Wranglers are 4 doors, ~96% are autos, and majority are Sport (base) trim. This is all based on what's available w/in 500 miles of me per autotrader.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming website is right, I agree it is interesting they are not offering the base 4 door in a manual. I would assume base 4 door will be the standard rental order, so maybe that has something to do with it...?

As for not selling base 4 doors because it only comes in auto, I'd assume it will sell just fine. ~88% of new Wranglers are 4 doors, ~96% are autos, and majority are Sport (base) trim. This is all based on what's available w/in 500 miles of me per autotrader.
I think the demand is there but not at what they are pricing it at. You may as well go 2-door for a lot cheaper or up a model 4-door for a little bit more.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a minute. Are there really this many people that aren’t aware of the Base 4 door being auto only?
I guess a bunch of people just don’t check the Ford website. If you’re getting all your info from other sources than the Ford website, your possibly getting wrong info. Maybe this is why there are so many crazy rumors running around everywhere....... ?
If they aren’t checking the ford website then they wouldn’t be obsessively awaiting the build and price I guess ?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're correct that all the information is on Ford's website

BUT having an option included on base that's not included on higher trim levels is weird and counterintuitive

Having to pay for the auto because you upgraded from base to big bend just reeks of pricing games to me.

I can certainly understand where the confusion comes from, especially with some of the information from Ford's own site being incorrect or in error sometimes.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BUT having an option included on base that's not included on higher trim levels is weird and counterintuitive

Having to pay for the auto because you upgraded from base to big bend just reeks of pricing games to me.

I can certainly understand where the confusion comes from, especially with some of the information from Ford's own site being incorrect or in error sometimes.
BOOM! My thoughts exactly!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I completely agree, I damn hope Ford isn’t dragging their feet on the B&P because of crap like this...
Gauging the market seeing where the interests are and bam a little price fuckery or let’s move this from this trim to this or subtract this and add this crap..

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford's website is contradictory of itself at this point which is why we need the build and price.

The website now doesn't show the rear locker as standard on the the Black Diamond but the model comparison PDF does.

Edit: Ford's website also shows the 7 speed for the base under specifications. So now who's spreading the crazy rumors? Lol.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps the manual is more expensive? :unsure:
Sponsored