MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You seriously went into profiles to see what people drive? Wow. Not gonna judge... but wow.

.. and yep.. a Marauder as a "glorified Grand Marquis"... just like a BRaptor is "glorified 4-door"... and Shelbys are "glorified Mustangs". Some people appreciate limited-production factory performance vehicles. Some people bolt 35s on their Bronco and suddenly think they have a Sasquatch.
Look at the classic car market... besides the survivor cars, 4 doors go to the crusher - after donating their parts to 2 doors that get restored and bring top dollar. Look at the prices of 2 door station wagons vs 4 door wagons... not even close.

Two doors aren't about practicality - they're about passion and good proportions. I agree with @BroncocnorB that 2 doors will inherently be worth significantly more in the long run. Not just because fewer were built, but because people buy classics for eye candy and sex appeal... not cargo space and cupholders. (Wait, don't 2 doors get more of those anyway? I wouldn't know, neither of my two 2 doors have been scheduled yet.)

Anyhow, some things just don't look right with extra doors tacked on. To each his own, but I look at a 4 door Bronco and I see this:
Seriously you weren't aware that profile vehicles are shown on every post....wow just wow. And if guys are into the segment where a design team did little more than to stick a big engine into Granddad's family truckster (Taurus SHO, Impala SS, Marquis) to each his own....but I see them like a 4 door mustang.:)
Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Lux is built and should be in my hands this month. If I needed the room or had kids, I would have compromised on a 4dr. All fine. No hate AT ALL on the 4dr. But, I'd love to see anyone produce a picture of any enthusiast vehicle, ever, that was produced in both that looked better in 4dr trim. As for off roading, different wheel bases are good at different things. In Moab, I'll take the shorter wheelbase all day long. For Baja, the case can be made for longer wheelbase vehicles. But for F's sake, don't try and make a false argument that simply justifies your lifestyle choice and claim differently.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously you weren't aware that profile vehicles are shown on every post....wow just wow. And if guys are into the segment where a design team did little more than to stick a big engine into Granddad's family truckster (Taurus SHO, Impala SS, Marquis) to each his own....but I see them like a 4 door mustang.:)
I can see that. It's not a bigger engine, just better... the same 32v version of the 4.6 Ford put in the Mach 1... has the P71 (Police Interceptor) suspension on Lincoln bags... and an interior as good as any Lincoln. Best sorted out Panther platform Ford ever built... and it's sneaky stealthy. Best thing about it that hardly anybody knows what it is.

It might as well be a 4 door Mustang... after 7 months of looking for one, I sold my SN95 Saleen DD.. and my 55 y/o ass and I appreciate that it handles almost as well... and rides better... and fits better.. lol. Killing me that Bronco is probably replacing it (someday).

This has really digressed.

Like you said to each his own... we all have differing opinions and needs to meet.

In the end... if I remember right... we are both getting 2dr Basesquatches... so wherever we started from, we ended up at the same place... and that's what's cool about the Bronco community... IMO, the most class-less vehicle since the Jeep. It looks right parked next to BMWs and Mercedes... and Joe Lunchbox (if can find a good dealer honoring MSRP) can afford one... and enjoy the hell out of it.

Around town.. or on the trails.. and even in local club forums on B6G, Bronco owners seem to unite rather than bicker like this... lol.

Back to the point of the thread, what sucks is 1) that Ford can't/won't build 2drs in the proportion of orders received... and 2) clearly doesn't care about satisfying reservation holders. That's what's BS... especially with a group that includes ALL of us looking to get a Bronco resembling the EB.
Increasingly feeling like I'll never get a build date.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think "get the parts" is still one of the problems.

I'm not convinced that when Ford and Webasto "fixed" the hard top mold that they actually completely fixed all of their manufacturing issues.

I'm convinced the yield on the larger 2-door hard top cap is lower than on the 4-Door. So even though the 4-door hard top is 4 parts instead of three, they are easier to make.

But I am also convinced that Ford will choose profit over service, and if they have enough tops to build fully tricked out Badlands and Wildtracks they will take the extra $$$ rather than build my 2-Door Base.
Disagree - your Base has fewer chips = easier build. Still waiting for my 2dr Badlands, reserved 3/10/21, ordered 5/16/21. Pushed to MY22. Ordered again 10/15/21... 3/21/22 first build week scheduling. Bumped 6 tires now... - even after attending, and paying for Off Redeo 10/7/21...😉👍👍

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
funny as hell that 2 door fanboys are so vocal around here it makes it seem like over 50% of broncos are 2 door, but then you look at the numbers and realize they are just a noisy minority. 15% 2 door? yea move those to the side and get my 4 door produced! :ROFLMAO:
I hope you get your Bronco before I do. It sounds like you're really in a bad spot. Good luck!

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good points, most pros and cons on the topic can be countered and recountered into an endless loop. the one argument that both camps can agree on is:

long wheel base gets high centered more often. short wheel base rolls over more often.

choice is yours.
I'll take the rollover for $1000 Alex!

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nah, dont be narrow minded, people actually want 4 doors even without families. for my f150 raptor, the bed isnt secure, having 4 doors means I can store my valuables in the back with ease. Im also in california, we have the best desert trails out here. ever hit whoops at speed in a 2 door? yeah no thanks, longer wheelbase ftw. if anything after having a cooler in the back, recovery gear etc i still find 4 door limited on space. its called an SUV, why give up utility? if you want something sporty get a coupe, but for an SUV, 4 door is where its at.
Ehhhh, 2 doors GTG!

Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry in advance for those waiting on a 2 door but....
The lower the number of 2 doors the more mine will be worth when the kids pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel....LOL
Seriously there has been no rhyme or reason on how Ford has built the Bronco: probably the biggest cluster *uck I've ever seen (and that includes those limited hot Christmas toys)

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re all just busting balls.
Agreed. At least it's not nasty and mostly in good fun. I imaging if we all were around a campfire with a few adult beverages in us, it would be the same. Heated conversation, no real alignment, and then we'd all have a toast. No reason to get butt hurt - we all have our preferences and that is another thing that's great about the Bronco.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hang in there 2dr lovers. It took a day 1 first 10 minute reservation, a #1 of 56 dealership allocation, and a 3 month stint at Ice mountain but I got this email yesterday…………
Ford Bronco 2-door is huge constraint 34518F72-A87D-4118-B736-058B6C51A4DF
Sponsored