Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the front 4 speakers only have 2 lines from the head unit, how do you connect them to an amp using speaker wires and not a harness? Would you use a two or four channel amp? For a four channel amp, you only have two channels in. Do you have to split those two into four to send four back out?
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Splice connect the two channels for a 2 channel input or split into 4 for 4 channel input, but you will not be able to fade the 4 channels.

OP
OP
jgjh151

jgjh151

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would it be ok to splice the 4 front speakers into 2 channels, then put them into the 4 channel amp with the rear 2 speakers or do I need 6 channel amp, so I can power all 6 speakers with 4 channel amp instead of having to add a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers?

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went bi-amp on the kicker key up front and left the rears on the head unit.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be ok to splice the 4 front speakers into 2 channels, then put them into the 4 channel amp with the rear 2 speakers or do I need 6 channel amp, so I can power all 6 speakers with 4 channel amp instead of having to add a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers?
It depends on what you want to do. What I mean is, do you want to control each speaker independently? You can use a 6-channel amp and each speaker will have its own power, crossover, etc. Probably overkill. The easiest thing to do is just buy a pre-made harness and amp for a plug and play setup.

For reference, here is using a 5-channel amp:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/#post-1403510

Sponsored
OP
OP
jgjh151

jgjh151

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 4 channel amp and have all the speaker lines to the trunk already so no harness. I was thinking the dash speakers are really loud and rear is non existent so I was going to use the 4 channel amp to power them all, maybe I'd hear the rear speakers more.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 channel amp and have all the speaker lines to the trunk already so no harness. I was thinking the dash speakers are really loud and rear is non existent so I was going to use the 4 channel amp to power them all, maybe I'd hear the rear speakers more.
Without knowing what amp you are using, the answer is yes. Do you really want to hear the back speakers? Most of the time the back speakers will be used just to round out the sound and give some fill. I also use the back speakers to help out my backseat passengers when we have the top off on the freeway.

You will need to do some tuning at the amp to get your levels where you want them. I would make sure your front/back fade and bass, treble and mid at the head unit is all set to flat before you start.

Good Luck!

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would make sure your front/back fade and bass, treble and mid at the head unit is all set to flat before you start.
Is this something any decent stereo installer should know how to do?

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this something any decent stereo installer should know how to do?
Yes. They should have some additional tricks to get it tuned properly. Then it should just be volume up and volume down.
Sponsored