First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been all over the Ford ordering website playing with differant models and options and final.prices. I noticed on the base if you order the Squatch model and overheard consol light switches. Theres really not much else in the way of goodies to get. Like heated steering wheel, seats, front and rear sensors, better radio, nav, etc. You guys know. ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Not even the rear hitch. Anyway, as the ordering date draws closer, I need to figure out what I want, how much to spend. I am going definite 2 door. Have any of you fellas figured out exactly what you want yet? I keep changing my mind every hour 😂. I am just curious.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base is basic. Really not that surprising. Rather astonishing they even allow Sasquatch on it tbh.

All I want is a 2dr base manual sasquatch with steel bumper, switches, and a roof rack, then i'll put in leather myself, some husky x-act liners, a no-pin hitch receiver, and some lighting.

As as far as what you're calling "all the good stuff" meh. I could afford a lot more bronco than I'm getting, but I just don't want to spend that much.

Different things makes different cars cool. My K900 was only cool with the 420hp V8 and the VIP package, because that's the kind of stuff that makes F Segment cars cool. All the bronco needs is a stick and some big tires to be cool to me. Plus it doesn't hurt that a base mansquatch should be less than 38k in MY22 pricing. I pay for my cars in cash and my wife keeps trying to talk me into spending more, so price isn't my constraint, I just want the best cool/$ ratio, and for me thats 2dr base mansquatch w/bumper, switches, and racks.

For someone on a budget, I think the 2dr manual base/base/base for $29,995 is cool as shit too. Steelies and all; got some throwback cred. In reality 90% of broncos will be street queens anyway so who really needs the lockers? Could use a larger size tire when the OEMs wear out though. Replacing with 32s at 40-50k miles wouldn't hurt nobody.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base is basic. Really not that surprising. Rather astonishing they even allow Sasquatch on it tbh.

All I want is a 2dr base manual sasquatch with steel bumper, switches, and a roof rack, then i'll put in leather myself, some husky x-act liners, a no-pin hitch receiver, and some lighting.

As as far as what you're calling "all the good stuff" meh. I could afford a lot more bronco than I'm getting, but I just don't want to spend that much.

Different things makes different cars cool. My K900 was only cool with the 420hp V8 and the VIP package, because that's the kind of stuff that makes F Segment cars cool. All the bronco needs is a stick and some big tires to be cool to me. Plus it doesn't hurt that a base mansquatch should be less than 38k in MY22 pricing. I pay for my cars in cash and my wife keeps trying to talk me into spending more, so price isn't my constraint, I just want the best cool/$ ratio, and for me thats 2dr base mansquatch w/bumper, switches, and racks.

For someone on a budget, I think the 2dr manual base/base/base for $29,995 is cool as shit too. Steelies and all; got some throwback cred. In reality 90% of broncos will be street queens anyway so who really needs the lockers? Could use a larger size tire when the OEMs wear out though. Replacing with 32s at 40-50k miles wouldn't hurt nobody.
All good advice and reasoning - kudos!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This ^

The base exists to advertise a low price and is restrictive on options so people move up trims

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Years ago you could order a base vehicle and load it up with MANY options. But like another person said they were surprised you could order the Squatch package on it. That was a shocker.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered Basesquatch, 2.7, Switches, Bumper. I'm at invoice with my dealer, and I'm in at under $40,000. Best deal if you want all the ability but none of the bells and whistles...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered Basesquatch, 2.7, Switches, Bumper. I'm at invoice with my dealer, and I'm in at under $40,000. Best deal if you want all the ability but none of the bells and whistles...
Exactly. The bargain of the year.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's amazing how soft some buyers are. The Base would have been considered pretty loaded 8 years ago.
Nah, AEB, power locks and windows, cloth, and android auto is still pretty far from loaded even by 2008 standards (that's when i first started selling cars so it's my best reference point for how well equipped cars came a while back). Even a base altima in 2008 has intelligent key, power locks, and windows.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Years ago you could order a base vehicle and load it up with MANY options. But like another person said they were surprised you could order the Squatch package on it. That was a shocker.
Bundled options have been industry standard for this century to varying degrees depending on the manufacturer.

BMW, Mercedes (AMG only) and Porsche still have European selective ordering where you can pick exactly what you want. The pay-wall for bespoke custom builds is as you can probably guess, substantial. Nor is it "basic".

So if your pocket books say you need to be at the bare-bones base Bronco then that's pretty much where you'll end up. You get a lot of vehicle for the money even in base trim.

After you add heated seats and steering wheel it isn't basic anymore though. (y)

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Running boards from the dealer? Wife will require them... :) ...
I want running boards for my wife and son, but I've yet to hear of a mud flap that's compatible. Apparently the ford accessory running boards come too far forward.