First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
My biggest regret is not having the aux switches. I have a sunglass holder, containing the garage door opener remote... yay. Plus I have been unable to find a modular front bumper. I had a chance once for $500 and foolishly passed...
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread IMG_3927
Sponsored

Bronco Lou

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Impatiently waiting for my base model! If youā€™ve been driving one for a while, whatā€™re your thoughts so far? What would you suggest I get before delivery to have on hand at day 1? Thanks!
I really like mine !

I ordered it with the 2.7, overhead switches, Reese hitch, modular bumper. I didnā€™t need the bells and whistles of the other models. The very first thing I put on it was Coverking neoprene seat cover. The only seat that was sat on without them was the drivers seat on the five mile drive from the dealer.

I added 33ā€ tires last December.

C740DC91-35DE-4647-91DF-F41730028621.jpeg

098FB7B3-BF8C-4DC6-A804-B862188B119D.jpeg

JL0311

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
looking for input on base w 3:73 2.3 running 37s especially heavier 37s 10 -12 ply? how is your power and performance?
My 37s are D loads so may not answer your question 100%. I Guess somebody had to be the first to attempt 37s on the base model 2.3. Around town I drive regular mode/ sometimes eco. The MPG on the dash says 16.7, My JL wrangler on 37s the dash averaged 16-16.5. On the highway regular is fine, but I will usually run sport mode just for get up and go. The bronco is NO race car by any means. I will get to where I am going but wont be setting any land speed records. I also run 93 octane fuel, have never run anything less so I can not compare .

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread Bronco

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 37s are D loads so may not answer your question 100%. I Guess somebody had to be the first to attempt 37s on the base model 2.3. Around town I drive regular mode/ sometimes eco. The MPG on the dash says 16.7, My JL wrangler on 37s the dash averaged 16-16.5. On the highway regular is fine, but I will usually run sport mode just for get up and go. The bronco is NO race car by any means. I will get to where I am going but wont be setting any land speed records. I also run 93 octane fuel, have never run anything less so I can not compare .

Bronco.jpg
So still stock 3.73 gearing?

I've been looking at tires for a bit and based on --> https://tiresize.com/gear-ratio-calculator/
it looks like I shouldn't go over 33"s.

Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread Bronco
Thank you. I pulled the trigger and have the 37s on..not too bad just a lil sluggish in deepsand still fairly snappy around town.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 20230329_155022

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2 Door Base & ā€˜23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picked my BaseSquatch up 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it! By far the best bang for your buck Bronco you can buy.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 96A0FE4B-8BC8-48BD-BFF5-5EBC39323C0A

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't believe the base Sasquatch with the V6 is now close to $48K. Someone ordered my Bronco with the Sas, V6, Auto, aux switches, hoop steps, mod bumper and brush guard. I just did a wheel/tire swap to true 35's.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread bronco_comp2

m_martin53

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m sure itā€™s buried somewhere in this thread, but anyone with experience running 35s with a 2.7l base non sas automatic? Have all my parts for my lift minus tires and am going back n forth on 35x12.5x17 or 295/70r17.

Wonā€™t be calibrating or doing gears anytime soon so I donā€™t want it to be a pig to drive in the mean time. Thanks!

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m sure itā€™s buried somewhere in this thread, but anyone with experience running 35s with a 2.7l base non sas automatic? Have all my parts for my lift minus tires and am going back n forth on 35x12.5x17 or 295/70r17.

Wonā€™t be calibrating or doing gears anytime soon so I donā€™t want it to be a pig to drive in the mean time. Thanks!
I've got 5K+ on my 35s with a 2.7/auto and stock gears and YES, you do feel a little drop in power and you do see a drop in MPGs, but this thing still has a ton of GO. I don't hesitate pulling out into traffic and mashing the go pedal is still a lot of fun.

I'm running the Milestar Patagonia X/Ts - 35x12.50x17:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tires/22229005-milestar-patagonia-x-t-35x12-50r17lt-tire

Last edited:

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I've run both on 2.3 no probs power is good either set up. the 295s allow you to keep all crash bars on stock wheels +55 offset...

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had my Bronco for two weeks tomorrow. Just took the doors off yesterday, OMG that feeling of driving down a county highway with you leg out the window... Nothing like it!

I just love driving it, and can't wait til I break the engine in!

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 20230411_173309

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My biggest regret is not having the aux switches. I have a sunglass holder, containing the garage door opener remote... yay.
Small aside, when my front panels are on I use the hook switch lever for them to hold my garage door opener. It actually works perfectly.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't believe the base Sasquatch with the V6 is now close to $48K. Someone ordered my Bronco with the Sas, V6, Auto, aux switches, hoop steps, mod bumper and brush guard. I just did a wheel/tire swap to true 35's.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 20230411_173309
Agreed. When I saw my window sticker say 47k I was shocked. Lucking I had private offers and the granger discount, otherwise I probably wouldn't have a Bronco...
Sponsored