darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright guys, this is it. Tomorrow I submit my reservation for my Base Sas Bronco. I’m all ready to go and know what I want BUT...

Can one of you change my mind?
What is a better build?

My thing is that I want to stay below 40,000. (Never spending over 40k ever again, not worth it)

Note: Picture below is a 2 Door Badlands I saw in Orlando a few weeks back. The car is gorgeous. The perfect size!

E41B7D32-C0C1-46AB-B8EA-560778078815.jpeg
100% agreed, I got a 2019 with all y=the BS shut off. You don.t neeed it folks. Less is so much more. Ford recalls prove it. Go base or go home!!
Sponsored

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100% agreed, I got a 2019 with all y=the BS shut off. You don.t neeed it folks. Less is so much more. Ford recalls prove it. Go base or go home!!
Going base Sas 2.7 bumpers and switches bitches and....done!

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put my order in for a 4 DR Base Sasquatch in Velocity Blue with the 2.3. Added Aux and Floor Liners. I'm at ~$43K, wanted to stay under $45K.
Get the 2.7 and you will still be under 45K. You won't regret it. It will push that 4dr on 35s with ease.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My original gotta have Bronco was the Basemansquatch. I will be curious what they price out to next year.
Considering '21 will only be 6 months long, and day 2 reservations could be pushed to '22, any price increase would be a slap in the face to customers.

Maybe they're willing to be that company, but it would come with some real ill will, and they know it.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you will actually have a real not imaginary use for the lockers, sway bar disconnect, skid plates and other Sas components, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise it's a lot of money to spend fantasizing while driving to the grocery store.
Sway bar disconnect is not a "Sasquatch component". It is a feature on Badlands (with or without Sas), and First Edition only.

Sponsored

Moosie

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st. 2015 corvette z51
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright guys, this is it. Tomorrow I submit my reservation for my Base Sas Bronco. I’m all ready to go and know what I want BUT...

What is a better build?

My thing is that I want to stay below 40,000. (Never spending over 40k ever again, not worth it)

Note: Picture below is a 2 Door Badlands I saw in Orlando a few weeks back. The car is gorgeous. The perfect size!

E41B7D32-C0C1-46AB-B8EA-560778078815.jpeg
Going with base plus sasquatch. Dealer says only 5 allocations and I'm number 9. Made reservations first night. Don't want to wait on 2022. May go to jeep.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you on staying under $40K. Hurts my logical brain when I see the payments for $45K but the wife is pushing me to do this as I never spend $ on me and for whatever reason Broncos are my kindred spirit lol.

My BL w/high package and some other add ons comes out to just under $45K by the time you factor in Stephens Automotive awesome deal and the down payment I have (couple grand, nothing crazy). Gives me the SAS minus 10mm but adds the electronic disconnect, 12" screen (I can be a bit nerdy lol), and the additional sound deadening. Oo I can't believe I almost forgot the MGV. I'm loving the idea of being able to hose out my rig after I spill my coffee.... happens more than I like to admit ?

OP
OP
Renzo1321

Renzo1321

Base
First Name
Chonco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear you on staying under $40K. Hurts my logical brain when I see the payments for $45K but the wife is pushing me to do this as I never spend $ on me and for whatever reason Broncos are my kindred spirit lol.

My BL w/high package and some other add ons comes out to just under $45K by the time you factor in Stephens Automotive awesome deal and the down payment I have (couple grand, nothing crazy). Gives me the SAS minus 10mm but adds the electronic disconnect, 12" screen (I can be a bit nerdy lol), and the additional sound deadening. Oo I can't believe I almost forgot the MGV. I'm loving the idea of being able to hose out my rig after I spill my coffee.... happens more than I like to admit ?
Haaaa I feel you man!
Sounds like you need a Tesla as well ??

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is a better build?
All I know is that when I spec-out a Base the way I'd want it, it comes out to $40-41K.
Unless you're paying cash, I'd focus more on monthly payment than selling price.

When I bought my Sahara, I skimped on 1 or 2 items that wouldn't have cost more than a few extra $$ a month in my monthly payment. (But luckily, the Sahara is pretty well spec'd-out anyway, making the list of additional options a fairly short one.) But I was already spending a tad more on the Sahara than I really wanted to, so of course I was going to nickel & dime my way through the buying process. (There's that 'pucker-factor' when you feel like you're spending a bit more than you can afford. I'm saying that about me, not you.) In the end it made more sense getting the Sahara than trying to 'spec-up' a lower-level model to get to where I wanted to be.

In hindsight, it's better to get what you want if you can manage the monthly payment - again, assuming you're financing. The time you spend making the buying decision is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of years you'll have to live with that decision.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To keep it under $40k, Basesquatch is ? the play. I was on Basesquatch most of the way. Then I ultimately decided on BD. Here's what changed MY mind. I don't really need the wheels/tires/suspension/advanced 4x4, and wanted that money to instead go to Mid package, getting that awesome BD MGV interior, and the 2.7L. After taxes, and fees I'll be in for $45k. My similar-ish build for Basesquatch was only about $1k less.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To keep it under $40k, Basesquatch is ? the play. I was on Basesquatch most of the way. Then I ultimately decided on BD. Here's what changed MY mind. I don't really need the wheels/tires/suspension/advanced 4x4, and wanted that money to instead go to Mid package, getting that awesome BD MGV interior, and the 2.7L. After taxes, and fees I'll be in for $45k. My similar-ish build for Basesquatch was only about $1k less.
This has been my debate the last 3-4 months. Exactly the thoughts I’ve had. There’s no “right” answer for everyone to make. It comes back to personal preference. Heck I’m still debating, but can really see the value in BaseSas. It’s going to come down to usage for me and what I see myself doing in this vehicle.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This has been my debate the last 3-4 months. Exactly the thoughts I’ve had. There’s no “right” answer for everyone to make. It comes back to personal preference. Heck I’m still debating, but can really see the value in BaseSas. It’s going to come down to usage for me and what I see myself doing in this vehicle.
Like he said. ^

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tossed the idea of the Base-Squatch around right up until the 11th hour . . . thinking about leasing it and keeping my 17 Raptor . . . but in the end I went with my original build. I think - even the base with the added Sasquatch - has some really great stuff and looks awesome, cannot go wrong regardless.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you will actually have a real not imaginary use for the lockers, sway bar disconnect, skid plates and other Sas components, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise it's a lot of money to spend fantasizing while driving to the grocery store.
Wait a minute! Ford says the advanced transfer case "continuously varies power to the front wheels for optimum performance for all on-road conditions" and I travel to the grocery store via a road therefore I am selecting the sasquatch package to make sure I get this important safety feature!

This interior should change your mind, but if you’re trying to stay below $40k it’s your only option.

A378163E-DC18-4987-BBE2-72D9B7C8E73D.jpeg
I don't know... it looks better than the $60k FE interior :LOL:
Sponsored