Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question is the factory tint just privacy glass or is there UV resistance in it like fancy aftermarket tint?
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the Mic is the same as the mod except for the fact you can’t remove the side windows??
On 4 dr yes, and the modular is painted gloss black or body color vs. the molded in color of the "molded in color."

bilguun2011

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello
I reserved a base but now thinking about switching to BB because of the mid-package.
But i have a question if someone has the answer.
My main reason for the mid-package is the safety aspect such as the Ford Co-Pilot 360.
If I get base, can i add that on as an option or install it aftermarket? If I am forced to choose BB which is BS because i don't really care for the additional frill

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you come any closer to making a decision? I know I'm still stuck! I really just need to see the B&P. If I can do LSD and steeper gears on the Base 4 Door that's the route I'm going. Hopefully I can also get a different tire/wheel combo to get to the 32ish mark also. Prefer 235/85R16 or 255/75R17. If I can get that I'll stick with the 2.3.
I think almost all of us are here, we got it narrowed as far as we can without B&P.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello
I reserved a base but now thinking about switching to BB because of the mid-package.
But i have a question if someone has the answer.
My main reason for the mid-package is the safety aspect such as the Ford Co-Pilot 360.
If I get base, can i add that on as an option or install it aftermarket? If I am forced to choose BB which is BS because i don't really care for the additional frill
You will have to buy mid package if you want Copilot.

That portion of the drivers aids is far too integrated into the rest of the widgets to add later or go aftermarket separately.

Even if you could go aftermarket, I'm hard pressed to imagine that it would cost less than the $1500 Mid price.
Or even work as good as the factory version.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Modular is either gloss black or body color

4 dr modular=2 front sections, 1 middle section, rear clamshell with removable side windows.
Removable side windows? Meh. Over landing window inserts? I’m not really a fan of the gray top, but it’s still fine. I can ogle someone else’s at a Broncos and Coffee. Besides I’m not that big a fan of gloss black.

Body Color? Damnit! Back to the spreadsheet.

Not so sure how important that Mid Package really is anymore.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Removable side windows? Meh. Over landing window inserts? I’m not really a fan of the gray top, but it’s still fine. I can ogle someone else’s at a Broncos and Coffee. Besides I’m not that big a fan of gloss black.

Body Color? Damnit! Back to the spreadsheet.

Not so sure how important that Mid Package really is anymore.
Yeah, I started out really wanting mid pack, not so sure anymore. Come on B&P!

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All 2 drs come with hardtop, no soft top available at launch.

Wildtrak comes with gloss black modular hardtop as standard equipment 2 or 4 door. As I'm sure FE does as well. Not sure if any other 4dr trims come standard with hardtop MIC or Modular standard.

You might want to find a better tint guy. 5 windows and maybe an eyebrow should only be about $500. And well installed quality tint can last multiple decades.

I mean if $500 could keep me from a $5000 upgrade I'd be all over that like white on rice.
I agree 100%. I live in CT and a 5-window ceramic window tint costs about $450. A professionally applied tint will last for many years with zero issues. I've had aftermarket tint on my Mustang and Audi S4 for 5+ years and both look as good as the day it was applied. The other advantage its that you can put on a darker tint (within the legal limit for your state).

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree 100%. I live in CT and a 5-window ceramic window tint costs about $450. A professionally applied tint will last for many years with zero issues. I've had aftermarket tint on my Mustang and Audi S4 for 5+ years and both look as good as the day it was applied. The other advantage its that you can put on a darker tint (within the legal limit for your state).
Fo sho.

Factory tint is nice. But I always end up at a minimum supplementing it with aftermarket tint for the front windows.

For the life of me I can't understand why manufacturers don't include front door glass in their tint packages. Unless some backward ass states don't allow it.

Anybody looking for a good tint guy in the Denver Metro can check out Tito at Splash Windo Tint in Northglenn.

Used him for multiple vehicles over 15 years or so.

Last edited:

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the life of me I can't understand why manufacturers don't include front door glass in their tint packages. Unless some backward ass states don't allow it.
In California the legal front side window tint is only 70%, which is basically clear unfortunately. I'm sure there's other states in the same boat as well.

Sponsored

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fo sho.

Factory tint is nice. But I always end up at a minimum supplementing it with aftermarket tint for the front windows.

Anybody looking for a good tint guy in the Denver Metro can check out Tito at Splash Windo Tint in Northglenn.
The way I'm understanding it, Ford is only applying factory tint to the back three windows on the 2-door. They are not putting privacy glass on the driver and passenger side widows. So.... if I'm going to the shop to get two done, I might as well get all 5 windows done and there will be no issues with the match.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In California the legal front side window tint is only 70%, which is basically clear unfortunately. I'm sure there's other states in the same boat as well.
That's ridiculous.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The way I'm understanding it, Ford is only applying factory tint to the back three windows on the 2-door. They are not putting privacy glass on the driver and passenger side widows. So.... if I'm going to the shop to get two done, I might as well get all 5 windows done and there will be no issues with the match.
Truth.

Although, I've never had a problem getting them matched up.

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am torn between a base and big bend to reserve. I want the iconic iconic silver. I do not think the carbonized gray grill and wheels will look right with this combo. I like the silver paint, black grill and wheel combo.

I like the other small upgrades to big bend such as privacy glass, remote start, heated seats. However, the biggest cost is the tires and wheels.

I do not need sasquatch package. Would like to add the 2.7 v6. Any idea on a price guess?

Do you think there will be other grill options and wheel options for the big bend? I would hate to pay for the wheels. Immediately put on after market 17" black wheels.

Maybe it would be better to go for base. I like grill better and cheaper price bc low end wheel tire combo. Maybe keep 16" steelies and new 32" tires.

I appriciate your insight
There will be so many aftermarket grills, side rails and steel bumpers it won't be funny. Why spend the money up front on a bolt on/off article when you may like something so much better a few months out.
Sponsored