Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve had no problems spending my points at the dealership for service.
Me neither, but the person basically told him the system was down, which is possible... they should've told him they could charge it tomorrow or they should've given him a heads up before the service. When I schedule service I tell them ahead of time I plan on using my points.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this was in the last day or so, it is/was accurate. I lost access until about 10 minutes ago but Ford was aware of the issue. Dealer could still take the points, reference your repair order and cut you a check for the points. May take a manual adjustment to the accounts but shouldn't be a problem if they document it correctly.

Ford Bronco BE WARNED: FORD REWARD POINTS ARE A LIE !!! [Update: Dealer-specific issue] 1677608705707

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's a dealer problem. I used mine for an oil change when the system was down and the guy just took down my fordpass number and charged it later when the system was back up

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
I used mine this week.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 126,000 Ford Pass points. Spent them all except around 20k now. Used for accessories, oil changes and services on other vehicles (Bronco too new to require anything). Unless this is super brand new, I think your dealer is telling you lies.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can even use them online for accessories. Example below

Ford Bronco BE WARNED: FORD REWARD POINTS ARE A LIE !!! [Update: Dealer-specific issue] 1677609533361

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i always thought they were a gimmick but did get me some floor liners.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It may have been a technical issue at the time. With that said, I just used my points to buy the ARB air compressor. Paid $9 for it, so no issues here šŸ˜

Status
Not open for further replies.