First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX E Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
Huh, I had ZERO problem using points at my local dealer to get an oil change, and 5 tire rotation (after I lessened up the service dept that the Bronco spare does indeed have a sensor in it, and they researched it and agreed with me, lol).
Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never an issue here. As an early reservation holder (July 2020), I received about 220K points. Was not hard to spend. BUT note that I was told by my dealer recently that points expire after 18 months. So I used up my last points to buy a bunch of Motorcraft oil and filters, etc.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used my FP points to get side steps to make my Bronco "family compatible" without a step stool. No problem using the points to partially pay for them and then I paid the remainder.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh, I had ZERO problem using points at my local dealer to get an oil change, and 5 tire rotation (after I lessened up the service dept that the Bronco spare does indeed have a sensor in it, and they researched it and agreed with me, lol).
I did have to give my dealer my preferred 5 tire rotation diagram TWICE.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, if they deny you AGAIN (uhh!), you should take a hint from another thread and go full nude in a manikin! That'll show 'em... something! ✊

ohhh my eyes!!!

Sponsored

OUSigAlph

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My points worked fine when buying the ESP through Granger. 7yr/100k $100 Deductible cost me $15 out of pocket.

Points for purchase, reservation and Mod top FUBAR were in my account within 4 days of delivery. The bonus for first purchase on the FordPass Credit Card took a month. Unanticipated bonus of moving up a (worthless) tier receiving milestones for the "service visit" to Granger.

LCR_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had 243,000 FordPass Points and was able to order accessories online and pickup at the dealer without paying shipping since I am only 20 min away and the dealership is close to my office. Got the bulk of the points from ordering the Mod Tops that they couldn't deliver. The website was down a few times when I tried to order but otherwise had no issue using them. Just waiting to pickup the last item now.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can even use them online for accessories. Example below

1677609533361.png
They're also having a 15% off sale. I used the code + points and only paid 7.95 for shipping on a brake controller

bsaintp64

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got floor liners and a black bucking bronco just yesterday with my points, no problem. Some dealers suck.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less ‘lie’ than shitty customer experience and Ford incompetence. Both of which are well known. Farley is running around telling the street fairy tails while the company is unable to fulfill on his ‘vision’ or even basic business practices.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.