Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough. But try to see it from my point of view. I have tried TWICE now to spend my points. And was denied BOTH times. The latest involving a 2 hour round trip.

So yeah, as somebody else stated, I now know how a teenager on her period feels. I just want the points. Not the cramps!!
Last couple of days I get due to technical difficulties, but twice? That's crap. No reason a dealer doesn't want to use points instead of plastic, no CC processing fees with points. We probably do $15K/mo.+ through parts and service.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fair enough. But try to see it from my point of view. I have tried TWICE now to spend my points. And was denied BOTH times. The latest involving a 2 hour round trip.

So yeah, as somebody else stated, I now know how a teenager on her period feels. I just want the points. Not the cramps!!
I hear you. Not discounting your frustrating experience. But to say Ford pass points are a lie or scam, because your dealer is a lazy idiot, is a little much.

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or I could have earned a "free" Ford coffee mug..... Guess you have to pick your battles
I know you’re joking - but the real joke here is that….you actually could *NOT* buy a Ford coffee mug with your points (points can’t be used for coffee mugs) :LOL:

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
This sounds like a bad dealer mixed with lack of research (truly no offense meant).

I have personally used my points at the dealer to tint 2 different car's windows. Plus, you can and you can literally just go online to the ford accessories site at www.accessories.ford.com

Just log in, and buy any accessories you want with Ford Points. Shipped straight to you.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's been 4 months now, and i'm yet to receive my points for the vehicle purchase.
How long is it supposed to take, before it shows up on my app?
I believe it's part of the salesperson's delivery checklist that they are to update your points to FordPass. My salesperson had mine updated by the time i got home from doing all the paperwork. Check with your salesperson.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
It sounds like from what they said, it's a temporary computer issue and you're having a bit of a tantrum.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502A BAP, 2022 MUSTANG GT 6 SPEED COUPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there has been intermittent issues with the points reward site 3 times in last 2 weeks. sorry youve had an inconvenience. computers go down...stuff happens :(

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hear you. Not discounting your frustrating experience. But to say Ford pass points are a lie or scam, because your dealer is a lazy idiot, is a little much.
As far as the customer is concerned, my dealership *IS* Ford. Ford corporate didn’t sell me my Ford. The dealership did. Maybe your dealer represents Ford better - but that hardly helps me across the country.

Now - with all this said - I did end up calling Ford corporate when I got home (I posted originally from the road) and gave them my original rant above. And they did call the dealership and give them a stern lecture or something. Whatever they said, it lead to the dealership calling me and agreeing to void the original transaction and then re-create it….deducting my points this time.

So, in the end, I concede…..not a lie.

But, apparently, only if you are shameless enough to call Ford corporate and rant like a teenager on her period. :LOL:

Thus endeth the lesson

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are a lie. I was told after buying two Bronco's that since the Dealer didn't turn on some transponder or some shit I didn't get the Ford points.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never recieved my points back in 2021 when i switched out the tow package and hardtop so i could get my deal going. Suppose to have gotten like 200,000 point. tried several times with the Dealer (Sunrise Ford North Hollywood) to get my points to no avail. I just gave up.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't sound like an issue w/ the points. More of an issue with the dealer.
Ive had a good experience w/ the points and I've used them in three different scenarios:
- Service Dept
- Sales lead added some items to my order using my points for me
- mail order points usages (most recently)

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP sorry to hear you're going through a headache with this. FYI I just ordered OEM metal skid plates from a local dealer yesterday and was able to apply my points for credit, so it looks like this isn't consistent across the board.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what the fuss is all about. I just used 80k in Ford Points today around noon. Bought SAS fender flares and the Air Design hood scoop.

Ford Bronco BE WARNED: FORD REWARD POINTS ARE A LIE !!! [Update: Dealer-specific issue] 9c0d52f4-38dc-43b5-ac76-0f982dcadc59_1480x (1)

Ford Bronco BE WARNED: FORD REWARD POINTS ARE A LIE !!! [Update: Dealer-specific issue] 4ed50536-8961-49b9-8c3a-df91e662f97c_1480x

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no problem redeeming my points.
Sponsored