stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The word went out from my dealer today (as is common place with this dealer-they stay in touch, which is great!) that after Ford mandated a 500.00 deposit on the bronco, that the money would be refunded to the customer if the sale did not eventually happen. So no, they do not keep that money.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I at least have a clue now as to what the penalty is. :unsure:

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This thread comes to you courtesy of Madison Ford (reference Granger’s earlier post with 1 star reviews).
Well crap. Now I feel like it's not enough to just give my money and loyalty to @Granger Ford

These dealerships need to understand that they're no longer operating in the 80s when consumers didn't know better and didn't have the internet to become informed.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well crap. Now I feel like it's not enough to just give my money and loyalty to @Granger Ford

These dealerships need to understand that they're no longer operating in the 80s when consumers didn't know better and didn't have the internet to become informed.
Exactly this.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a couple of Dealerships on these forums that are promising to sell below Invoice 1-2k. Here is what I think they are hoping for. They are hoping or gambling that there will be a large# of these Broncos do not take delivery. They are not even requesting an additional deposit beyond the $100 deposit. Let's be honest,any amount of deposit beyond the $100 that person is serious and has a high probability of taking deliver. Once the order has taken place via the dealership that $100 is no longer refundable. They are banking on a high allotment order come dec\jan and with no additional deposit required they will see it.

So spring/summer 2021 rolls around and dealership A secured 100 Broncos (hypothetical). Remember every Bronco ordered has a reservation stamp attached to a customer, the dealership is obligated to sell to the customer 1-2 k below Invoice at the agreed price. Hypothetical, 50 of those customers for whatever reason cannot or changed their minds and don't take delivery they are out of the $100 which is really peanuts because they paid this back in July/Aug or whenever.

So now the dealership is stuck with 50 Broncos, but this is not a bad thing. So with an inventory 50 Broncos of various builds and configurations. They have a very and I mean very good problem sitting on their lot. They are NO longer obligated to sell those below Invoice and now they can sell to whom ever wants to buy it. Being highly sought after , I suspect these would be sold above MSRP. What do you all think?
Not this shit again. Go read the MANY threads on this rather than start up another waste of electrons.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What do you all think?
Heh....

Do I really need 35s or should I save a few grand and do the option that gets me 32s?

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The word went out from my dealer today (as is common place with this dealer-they stay in touch, which is great!) that after Ford mandated a 500.00 deposit on the bronco, that the money would be refunded to the customer if the sale did not eventually happen. So no, they do not keep that money.

Ford has not told us yet that we must collect it...

We are waiting for that to come out officially...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Ford mandate dealers collect a deposit? What benefit is that for them to mandate such a thing. If a dealer wants to so be it... ultimately this should be between the customer and the dealer..
Ford shouldn’t mandate a deposit on something they can’t even promise a delivery date for..

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would Ford mandate dealers collect a deposit? What benefit is that for them to mandate such a thing. If a dealer wants to so be it... ultimately this should be between the customer and the dealer..
Ford shouldn’t mandate a deposit on something they can’t even promise a delivery date for..
I don't see how Ford can mandate a deposit? They have no control over what dealers choose to do. That's why you see some dealers asking for ADM and others offering incentives.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see how Ford can mandate a deposit? They have no control over what dealers choose to do. That's why you see some dealers asking for ADM and others offering incentives.
They are not in this process. Up to the ordering dealer whether they want to collect a deposit at time of order.

swingingeasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty sure Granger is looking for all extra reservations to gain allocation and cover their early reservations, otherwise, there is no way they'll get enough allocation fill them in 2021.
Sponsored