First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Want to get a tune for my 2.3L. Pretty set on the ProCal from Ford but want the best HP Gain out of it. what does everyone recommend?
Sponsored

Idaho Driver

Base
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought the Pulsar XT and was amazed at what it did for performance and drivability. If you search these threads, you will find a comparison of Pulsar XT and the Ford tune.

OP
OP

Kevink820

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
All the comparisons I’ve seen have been for the 2.7

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Want to get a tune for my 2.3L. Pretty set on the ProCal from Ford but want the best HP Gain out of it. what does everyone recommend?
Do you have concerns with warranty or your dealer being picky regarding warranty work? Then the Pro Cal is your best bet. If not, buy what checks off your boxes.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the tuners like JB4 are piggyback tuners and don’t change anything that ford can check for like a custom tune would. All you have to do is unplug it and they don’t know the difference

Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have concerns with warranty or your dealer being picky regarding warranty work? Then the Pro Cal is your best bet. If not, buy what checks off your boxes.
Yeah, I'm plenty happy with the ProCal and only wanted a tune if I would keep the warranty. I'm also curious what gains people are expecting with just a tune? I would think for more significant gains you'd have to have an intake, exhaust, and maybe larger injectors. Not to mention what the stock turbo is capable of.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have ProCal. Like it for the rev matching and the engine start/stop disabling. Good power increase and I recently started putting a few gallons of race fuel in which is putting me around 93 octane (my own calculations, so who knows what it really is). Seems like I got another bump in power, but I will know in a couple weeks once she sees the dyno. But if you're only concerned about power, probably the jb4. I am considering piggybacking that on top of my ProCal
Sponsored