Sponsored

Best 35" Street Tire: But MT Look, terraincontact?

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say again that the nitto recon grappler 315/70/17 SL provide a better overall ride than the Goodyear mt’s. Smoother less noise more comfy just better. Was going to swap over to the hoss 3.0’s but have no need to with just the tire upgrade.
Sponsored

OP
OP
R8RWD

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m running the nitto recon 315/70/17 SL version at 34psi on my sas and not only are they more comfy and smoother than the MT’s they definitely don’t pick up the rocks near as bad.
This is good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

OP
OP
R8RWD

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say again that the nitto recon grappler 315/70/17 SL provide a better overall ride than the Goodyear mt’s. Smoother less noise more comfy just better. Was going to swap over to the hoss 3.0’s but have no need to with just the tire upgrade.
Good feedback. Those are on my short list for a replacement tire.

OP
OP
R8RWD

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think your going to find a softer side wall tire than the factory Sas tires. You will need to go down to smaller tires to get another option.

I really like 275 60 R20 I had on my Ram 1500, they spec out to a 33" tire and come in a bunch of options. I was tempted to buy 20s for my F150 as I liked the tires for road duty.
The Goodyears are soft tires. I don't have an issue with the tires, they are a soft ride. Its the tread pattern that you feel when the road is flat, causes a little shimmer on pavment. Its nothing bad, but looking for options that could be an improvement.

My R8 and GT3, those have a FIRM ride with very thin rubber. So I'm very familar with firm rides.

OP
OP
R8RWD

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nitto Ridge Grappler hybrid tread had them for a year On my Bronco 35’s is what I am running
How did you like them vs. the MT's?

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do a ton of tires (hundreds a year) out of my hobby shop…. On Jeep and Raptor builds. While it’s a hybrid A/T, the Falken Wildpeak AT3W is the best all around tire I’ve installed. It is available in a LR-C which is perfect for a Bronco.

The KO2 is also a great tire, but just don’t look that aggressive and they do run a little small.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers look good and perform well in the dirt…. But they suck in the rain.

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m running the nitto recon 315/70/17 SL version at 34psi on my sas and not only are they more comfy and smoother than the MT’s they definitely don’t pick up the rocks near as bad.
That’s the exact tire I’m looking at. Do you have pictures and info? Offset, lift, no lift etc?

Last edited:

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big fan of the Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs on my ZR2. Quiet on the road, don't throw stones, 3 snowflake, good off road. Truck came with GY Wranglers, which were none of those things. Planning having them put on my Wildtrack before I take delivery.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big fan of the Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs on my ZR2. Quiet on the road, don't throw stones, 3 snowflake, good off road. Truck came with GY Wranglers, which were none of those things. Planning having them put on my Wildtrack before I take delivery.
I was going to say the same. You can get 60,000+ out of Toyo ATIII’s and they are quiet, good-looking tires.
BTW—Toyo makes Nitto, right?

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s the exact tire I’m looking at. Do you have pictures and info? Offset, lift, no lift etc?
I have a badlands sas, no lift running the nitto recons on RTR tech 6 with 0 offset. Love the set up. Not sure how to post pics but if you message me your number I’ll send you a few.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was going to say the same. You can get 60,000+ out of Toyo ATIII’s and they are quiet, good-looking tires.
BTW—Toyo makes Nitto, right?
I really like the Toyo ATIII's on my 21 4Runner, they are as good as people say. They do whine a little at highway speed. On a Bronco you'd never hear that because the Bronco is just louder than a 4Runner.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon with amazing feedback

As others mentioned. I dont think it is just the tires that will solve your problem. It is a combination of suspension and tire. You state "family complains about the truck ride on road conditions" which to me is more a suspension solution then it is a tire solution. No tire will significantly improve the ride (remove harsh feedback on road bumps) as this is a suspension solution. Tires will only do so much to solve this and not by much. Considering you have the Sas package, means you have the yellow bilstine shocks. These are harsh shocks. Bilstine always leans on the harsher side when compared to its competitors.

If you are bent on new tires (a less noisy ride on roads/highways) but keeping the aggressive look and off-road capabilities, the KO2s would be my best best. Haven't had them on the Bronco yet but had them for 4+ years on the wrangler and really enjoyed them both on and off-road. Once the stock sas tires go, they will be my runner up in 37s.

For the price of swapping out all the tires (plus little more) you could get a decent set (an upgrade) of shocks (ex. eibach stage 2) that will actually improve the ride and still keep the Sas tires (Goodyear Mts). eibach is well reviewed to be the middle ground between Fox (super plush soft) and bilstine (super harsh). I think this would solve your problem significantly more than jumping to a new set of tires.

Try airing down a bit first, before throwing cash at the project. Not sure what psi you are running but try airing down to something like 30-34 psi vs the recommended 36-39 psi. This might help but again the suspension is where you are going to see the change you want.

I dont think thats the answer you are looking for but is more then likely going to give you the solution you are asking for. Cheers.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just put a set of Eldorado wild trail ctx on my tundra ,replacing toyo open country mts.
The ride is super smooth and the mileage jumped to acceptable numbers now,they look pretty good too .

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reactions: DKG

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, yeah flame suit on - I love the look of the 35's SAS. However the family complains about the truck ride on road trips. So I'm looking for a compromise that keeps the 35" off road look of the Bronco SAS but with a more composed tire for on road driving.

I came across these Conti, but I"m not sure how they will look in a 35" on SAS wheels. I see many posts on 285, but not 315. i've done countless searches for this topic, but no luck so figured I'd start a post.

https://continentaltire.com/tires/terraincontact-at
The original Sasquatch tires are a very soft AT tire with a smooth tread compared to other tires. I am not a fan of this tire because they grab and throw rocks really bad.

However, not a bad riding tire at all. I would start with tire pressure. Unless fully loaded, you do Not need 35 psi of pressure in the tires. The Bronco is not very heavy. I have 37s on my V6, 4-door and I run 32/30 psi front to back. It rides very nice. The whole tread of the tire is on the ground and not just the middle from too much pressure. (full contact patch)

As others have noted, the Bronco is a truck, and rides like a truck, not like a fancy SUV or car no matter what tires you have.
Sponsored