Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obviously, we don't have the actual answer to this question yet, since we don't have the build and price tool up yet. Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best value trim level as far as standard equipment is concerned. I think it may be BD or BL; I guess it also depends on what you value personally, but I'm curious to see everyone's thoughts. Important distinction: this is not a "what trim level are you getting" thread, but which one do you think is the best "bang for your buck" so to speak. That being said, if you're getting the trim level that you don't think is the best value, please share why.
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted for Black Diamond, but I am going with the Badlands...Black Diamond has everything I would NEED, but I prefer the Badlands name and prefer the headlights and grille on Badlands as well. Have the front locker and swaybar disconnect is just extra...I guess I am ready to pay $6k more for a name/badge, lights and a grille...seems dumb, but worth it!!

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted for Black Diamond, but I am going with the Badlands...Black Diamond has everything I would NEED, but I prefer the Badlands name and prefer the headlights and grille on Badlands as well. Have the front locker and swaybar disconnect is just extra...I guess I am ready to pay $6k more for a name/badge, lights and a grille...seems dumb, but worth it!!
And upgraded front axle, as well as bigger and better tires

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the same for me. I feel like BD might be the sweet spot for what you get vs the amount of money you're paying, but I reserved a Badlands.

With me though, it was because I felt like Badlands gives you the most configurable option. I get the swaybar and front locker and HOSS setup already on the Badlands, plus both steel bumpers and all the bash plate upgrades, etc. Then on top of that I can still add mid, high and lux packages if I want. I can keep the 2.3 with a manual and have 33 inch mud terrains or go full sasquatch with an auto, etc. I just felt like I had the most options to configure things with the Badlands so it was worth it to me to reserve there and have the options, whether I go with all the bells and whistles or not.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And upgraded front axle, as well as bigger and better tires
Upgraded suspension as well...not like I NEED any of that, Black Diamond would be good enough for what I do, but good enough is not OK with me, I want more, and a few extra $$ is nothing if it makes me happy for the next 10 years, and hopefully my doughter will want it when she starts to drive, and I can look at getting something new again.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a tough question, because it will depend on how the individual plans to use the vehicle.

My vote went Outer Banks, because for me this will be a DD primarily and hopefully get me into doing trails and more outdoor stuff. Since OBX comes with many standard creature comforts and has all the tech options that gets my vote.

If I was looking at someone who is gonna use it as a toy and do offroading and all that stuff more than drive on the highway like me, I would have to say the Black Diamond just based on starting price seems to have a great mix of everything.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outer Banks is my choice. It is the most streetable of the packages. This will be a pavement pounder with very little off-road time. Plan to build it up as an Outer Banks Platinum.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Impossible to say given we know nothing of option costs as was said. I'd say, and I'm bias, Wildtrak given in blends the models before it and includes what will probably be the two most popular options (V6, Squach)

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. I thought about the high package as well. However, I stick to the side of reliability. I can live without the parking and backup sensors. For me, I dont need added tech when off roading and as a daily driver.

Of course you will have to add the auto transmission with the Sasquatch, so that the only "option."

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This rig weighs over 5,000+lbs, closer to 6,000lbs with adults & gear included.

That 4banger is gonna blow itself up.

This being said, we need that v6tt, which on top of the base prices, makes a Badlands (with taxes) damn near $50,000....

I love the badlands (almost reserved one), & kudos to those of you who get it. But I went Black Diamond & will be upgrading the motor. Def the best value.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went OB because it has LED lighting, auto trans (for the wife) and mid package (heated seats, climate control, blind spot, lane keeping) all built in which are must haves for us in a vehicle this expensive. I doubt you can add those features to a BD for the same price. I like the black painted grill too but those side steps have got to go. Maybe would make more sense to go BB and add Mid package and Auto but I want the 12" screen (and hate the gray grill).

Last edited:

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This being said, we need that v6tt, which on top of the base prices, makes a Badlands (with taxes) damn near $50,000....

I love the badlands (almost reserved one), & kudos to those of you who get it. But I went Black Diamond & will be upgrading the motor. Def the best value.
The 2.3 is in the Ranger, which weighs about the same and can tow an additional 7500 lbs on top of that. I'm starting to trust Ford and come around on the 4-cylinder I think. (probably because I REALLY want a manual transmission in my Bronco)

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes you say that the 4 banger will blow itself up? It is the same engine on the current Ranger and it does well and is reliable so far.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion, you should either get the Base or the Badlands if you want bang for your buck.

I wonder if Ford just bluffed the whole time and called the 2.3 EcoBoost a V8, we would stop getting ridiculous comments about it being underpowered or that it's going to blow up due to the weight of the vehicle. It makes more power from the factory than the old, storied 5.0 ever did.

With an alluded to 6000lb curb weight and 100hp and 35tq less with the 400M V8, the 78 Bronco managed. With the 351M it made a super speedy run to 60mph in nearly 14 seconds...wow! V8 power!

http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/specs/specs02.html

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...rd-bronco-takes-the-suv-out-of-the-dark-ages/
Sponsored