John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our patent pending KR Off-Road Mount is the easiest mount to use. We were the first to come out with an air compressor mount for the Broncos and put it under the engine bay. This leaves it out of the way and when you are airing back up, you don't bother passengers inside. We actually make our mount from stainless steel (everybody else uses cheaper steel) and powder coat it black. So it'll last the life of your truck. It's also made right here on Long Island (New York) so in the good ole USA!

It uses factory bolt points so you don't have to relocate anything and as I said, it installs easily. It'll support an ARB Single or Twin Compressor.

ARB Air Compressors are built to withstand a lot of abuse. They were designed in Australia where ARB is from, and those guys KNOW wheeling better then anybody, especially with their terrain. So these things work great in the engine bay. We also keep the air compressor at the very top so it doesn't get as hot as say the Jeep JK mounts (which mount them near the manifold which gets VERY hot, but still works).

We offer a complete kit and if you use coupon code BRONCO6G you'll save 10% on the entire kit.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Photo Jan 23, 1 30 33 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 23, 1 31 04 PM.jpg

Check out the installation video here. Pretty easy to install. Justin used a different switch panel since he didn't realize we make a switch panel (and he doesn't have upfitters). But if you have the upfitters you don't need to worry about the switch. And if you don't have upfitters, we make a VERY easy to install switch kit (plugs right into the air compressor):

Thats what I did. Works great.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats what I did. Works great.
Yeah it's just rock solid and the easiest to install. No need to relocate the computer or remove parts from the fender area. Just really simple to install.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there general consensus on what is the optimal compressor mount? I have a 2 door 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch and plan to install an ARB dual on-board compressor. I know that there are numerous options including engine bay, inside spare tire carrier, and under/in the trunk. I am sure that each has its pros and cons but maybe those of you with real world experience could give some guidance. Thanks!
Is there a best bracket? I used the KR/4x4 Led Bracket. I'm no mechanic, and it was difficult for me to use the bolts at the top of the shock mount, its a long way down, so I wouldn't call it easy. I bought the ARB single, since i run 33" tires, but it turns out that the wiring of the single (also used the upfitter switch) is more complicated than wiring the double ARB. I installed the bracket and the pump myself, and then brought the Bronco to my local 4Wheel Parts store, and they did both the electric wiring and the air connections. Beautiful harness job, we went straight clock time, 2 hours for $250. Im very pleased with my set-up. I did not understand how the relays and switches were wired, so I know my limits.

I think that you have to decide the best bracket for your use. These are expensive, so dont let price guide you, it may be that you get what you pay for, and who hasn't cheaped out and regretted it later? KR was first to market, it works for me, there are others. Just don't mount an air pump inside the car! If you have family members when you go off-roading, if they like to wait in the car while you air up the tires, too noisey!

20230309_162409.jpg

20230509_163900.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a best bracket? I used the KR/4x4 Led Bracket. I'm no mechanic, and it was difficult for me to use the bolts at the top of the shock mount, its a long way down, so I wouldn't call it easy. I bought the ARB single, since i run 33" tires, but it turns out that the wiring of the single (also used the upfitter switch) is more complicated than wiring the double ARB. I installed the bracket and the pump myself, and then brought the Bronco to my local 4Wheel Parts store, and they did both the electric wiring and the air connections. Beautiful harness job, we went straight clock time, 2 hours for $250. Im very pleased with my set-up. I did not understand how the relays and switches were wired, so I know my limits.

I think that you have to decide the best bracket for your use. These are expensive, so dont let price guide you, it may be that you get what you pay for, and who hasn't cheaped out and regretted it later? KR was first to market, it works for me, there are others. Just don't mount an air pump inside the car! If you have family members when you go off-roading, if they like to wait in the car while you air up the tires, too noisey!

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount 20230509_163900

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount 20230509_163900
Yeah you'll want to use an extension to get to the strut bolt. It's pretty straight forward of an installation if you have a good socket set (since you need the extension).

The twin is a LOT easier to install. We actually charge extra to install a single (an extra hour) since it takes longer with the wiring. The twin though is pretty straight forward as far as wiring to an upfitter. Or if you don't have upfitters we make a switch panel as well (a lot of customers get this just to free up an upfitter)

Our bracket IS expensive but it's a world of difference then the others. We actually use stainless steel which is very expensive BUT it lasts the life of your truck. And we have a lifetime warranty on our products.

The switch kit is here for those interested, it works with our bracket: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...-coupler-switch-bracket-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount 1691601829807

(Old prototype photo, which is why you don't see the air line going to my compressor but you get the idea)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah you'll want to use an extension to get to the strut bolt. It's pretty straight forward of an installation if you have a good socket set (since you need the extension).

The twin is a LOT easier to install. We actually charge extra to install a single (an extra hour) since it takes longer with the wiring. The twin though is pretty straight forward as far as wiring to an upfitter. Or if you don't have upfitters we make a switch panel as well (a lot of customers get this just to free up an upfitter)

Our bracket IS expensive but it's a world of difference then the others. We actually use stainless steel which is very expensive BUT it lasts the life of your truck. And we have a lifetime warranty on our products.

The switch kit is here for those interested, it works with our bracket: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...-coupler-switch-bracket-for-2021-ford-bronco/

(Old prototype photo, which is why you don't see the air line going to my compressor but you get the idea)
Your quality bracket, and the customer support, is well worth the money. I was one of the first to buy, no regrets!

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After careful study, the only under hood mount for the ARB twin that comes close to working for me is the Grimm vertical, I have the Injen CAI and would have to notch the corner where it mounts to the inner fender well to work. (elongated for their proposed snorkel).
I also have the red line struts but they don't look like they'd present a problem.
I like the behind the spare mount really well for practicality but I don't like the idea of adding more weight back there when I'll be going to 37s soon and already have a sub box on the inside + 2 Rotopax and adding another 10 ft of wire to hook it up.
The DV8 would work better than the tailgate option, less wire less noise and I'm going to do a muffler delete so heat isn't a issue. But then a 10 gallon fuel cell fabbed in that location would be great!(2dr).
So my current plan is to bolt the ARB twin to the Desert Does it plate and retro fit it to a mole panel in the back window area with the switch and hose connections move to the outside and access them through the Veil Side engineering gullwings.
I think I'm over engineering things but what the heck if it works it works

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love all the ingenuity that goes into these mounts, but I’m interested in being able to throw it in the truck when I’m traveling in the RV, so I’m stuck with portable.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I see a mounting plate for $300?? 🤑
I got a ThorsLightning NAPA-modified 2-cylinder 300 lpm compressor (20->40psi, 4 minutes), full set of hoses, covers and bags, and a cargo-area mounting cage for less than you people spend on the ARB Dual alone. Maybe you got that kind of money, but I don't.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably going the mentioned American Adventure Lab tailgate mount. I have a ARB single already that I planned in mounting under the hood. Looking at the AAL stuff they also have a battery tray setup I would like to run. If I am running wire for that...not much more for the compressor.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your quality bracket, and the customer support, is well worth the money. I was one of the first to buy, no regrets!
Thank you!

Probably going the mentioned American Adventure Lab tailgate mount. I have a ARB single already that I planned in mounting under the hood. Looking at the AAL stuff they also have a battery tray setup I would like to run. If I am running wire for that...not much more for the compressor.
Don't forget the wire harness! You'll need to make your own or purchase one somewhere. We sell an extension harness now (we've had a bunch of people asking us for harnesses): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-25-power-extension-harness-for-arb-twin-compressors/

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks 4X4truckleds.com I like easy! I was not looking forward to building the Harness. Just ordered one THNX

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks 4X4truckleds.com I like easy! I was not looking forward to building the Harness. Just ordered one THNX
Yeah we had a few customers come by that had purchased/insatlled the spare tire one but never wired it up. When we released our Tacoma/Tundra/F150/F250 compressor kits we decided we needed a harness to reach the rear. So that's why it's 25' But that should be good to route the wire harness through the bronco. I'd recommend running it under the vehicle and then come up UNDER your rear cargo area (above the spare tire). You can use the included grommet and make a hole OR there is actually a grommet in the storage box you can make a hole. This is how we've routed the wire before.

Then you can go towards the passenger side kind of UNDER the plastic piece that snaps in and hide the wire there. Then go up and follow the existing wires that go to the tailgate and then you can route the harness through into the swing gate.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After careful study, the only under hood mount for the ARB twin that comes close to working for me is the Grimm vertical, I have the Injen CAI and would have to notch the corner where it mounts to the inner fender well to work. (elongated for their proposed snorkel).
I also have the red line struts but they don't look like they'd present a problem.
I like the behind the spare mount really well for practicality but I don't like the idea of adding more weight back there when I'll be going to 37s soon and already have a sub box on the inside + 2 Rotopax and adding another 10 ft of wire to hook it up.
The DV8 would work better than the tailgate option, less wire less noise and I'm going to do a muffler delete so heat isn't a issue. But then a 10 gallon fuel cell fabbed in that location would be great!(2dr).
So my current plan is to bolt the ARB twin to the Desert Does it plate and retro fit it to a mole panel in the back window area with the switch and hose connections move to the outside and access them through the Veil Side engineering gullwings.
I think I'm over engineering things but what the heck if it works it works
It's very noisey for inside mount, but if you wheel alone . . .

OptimusRossi

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond Sasquatch Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our patent pending KR Off-Road Mount is the easiest mount to use. We were the first to come out with an air compressor mount for the Broncos and put it under the engine bay. This leaves it out of the way and when you are airing back up, you don't bother passengers inside. We actually make our mount from stainless steel (everybody else uses cheaper steel) and powder coat it black. So it'll last the life of your truck. It's also made right here on Long Island (New York) so in the good ole USA!

It uses factory bolt points so you don't have to relocate anything and as I said, it installs easily. It'll support an ARB Single or Twin Compressor.

ARB Air Compressors are built to withstand a lot of abuse. They were designed in Australia where ARB is from, and those guys KNOW wheeling better then anybody, especially with their terrain. So these things work great in the engine bay. We also keep the air compressor at the very top so it doesn't get as hot as say the Jeep JK mounts (which mount them near the manifold which gets VERY hot, but still works).

We offer a complete kit and if you use coupon code BRONCO6G you'll save 10% on the entire kit.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Check out the installation video here. Pretty easy to install. Justin used a different switch panel since he didn't realize we make a switch panel (and he doesn't have upfitters). But if you have the upfitters you don't need to worry about the switch. And if you don't have upfitters, we make a VERY easy to install switch kit (plugs right into the air compressor):

ANy thoughts if this will get in the way of a snorkel? Has anyone does this with a snorkel?

OptimusRossi

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond Sasquatch Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond