Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize the 4.7 diff was free on BL... So by going Sasq, all you are getting for $2600 is the 35" tires and a bump stop? Seems they're not giving you credit for giving up the tires and wheels on stock build.
You get a little bit more lift with the Sasquatch package over stock Badlands. I know that is disputed, but I have seen and heard anough that I am convinced it does provide more lift (stiffer springs). That said, it is definitely the worst value among the lines for adding Sasquatch. The wheels are very nice, but you could take off the stock Badlands wheels, sell them and the tires, and add nice wheels and 35s for less. I just want 35s out of the box and don't want to wait for lift options to be available to fit them, even if you only need a little bit more. The Filson and Overlander prototypes (most likely stock Badlands lifts with 35s) don't have near enough lift to run 35s off road. I don't want to deal with that and waiting for someone to design and sell a new lift.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize the 4.7 diff was free on BL... So by going Sasq, all you are getting for $2600 is the 35" tires and a bump stop? Seems they're not giving you credit for giving up the tires and wheels on stock build.
Many people like me feel this way. Especially with the option to go to 4.7 for free. Unless you really like the wheels and want those exact mud tires in the Sas package
I didn't realize it either but had seen it mentioned a few times across the forum. On B&P, I would just scroll by the gearing options and go right to selecting squatch. Finally took a look at it yesterday, and sure enough you can upgrade to 4.7 for free (I do believe you have to have the auto and 2.7 though). So, if 37's are in anybody's future, it makes sense to get the free 4.7, save the sasquatch money and do your own self-squatch later.

Still would like to see a direct comparison of a BL suspension vs Badsquatch

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of people do use spacers, but new springs are much better, still fairly cheap and easy to do. On many set-ups a spring that just provides an 1" for leveling can use the stock shocks.

Very doubtful. 37s are much bigger and wider. You will need/want a real lift to add 37s.
Not certain this is correct. Many options for 37x12.5. That is the same width as most 35s. Adds exactly one inch (on each side of rim of course). But some of these 37s can be run on rims as thin as 8 inches wide. Check tirerack for that. Perhaps not ideal if you were buying aftermarket rims from scratch as you'd probably be looking at a 9 or 10 inch wide rim. But I like the factory rim look and I'm going to try to run on the minimum rim width.

37s are heavy though. And question as to whether they'll fit on the tire carrier. That's another story

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another thing to look into and may be a problem with 37s or larger is the tire carrier. The way the back opens and trying to do after market carrier may be an issue. Probably is off topic and should be in another thread. I mean you can leave it off, but I feel most people that do that, don't really climb.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fox Shocks offers 3 inch coils for the new ranger. my guess is there probably the same or close for the front. it won't be long till they offer some for the bronco

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize it either but had seen it mentioned a few times across the forum. On B&P, I would just scroll by the gearing options and go right to selecting squatch. Finally took a look at it yesterday, and sure enough you can upgrade to 4.7 for free (I do believe you have to have the auto and 2.7 though)..
4.7s are standard for the 2.3 & manual, probably why it (appears to be) a no cost option for the auto too.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing to look into and may be a problem with 37s or larger is the tire carrier. The way the back opens and trying to do after market carrier may be an issue. Probably is off topic and should be in another thread. I mean you can leave it off, but I feel most people that do that, don't really climb.
If I go to 37's, the spare will stay a 35. Less weight. it's only a spare & it's big enough to get you back.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there anyway to get the upgraded front axle on the base model without opting for the Sasquatch package? I think a lot of us want to do our own lift/35s but we want to have that upgraded front axle that’s in the Sasquatch package. Wish you could just pick that option by itself

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Saw a jeep the other day with rear brake light completely blocked by spare. Didn't look like much thought out into it.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don’t need Sasquatch package to get 4.7 gearing. I outfitted my badlands with 4.7 and no Sasquatch

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You don’t need Sasquatch package to get 4.7 gearing. I outfitted my badlands with 4.7 and no Sasquatch
can you do this for other trim levels? I thought this was only true for BL. I dont see that option on B&P on any other trim but maybe im missing it

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One more question on this train of thought. If we lift past 2"'s and have to replace the shocks, etc.. we lose the G.O.A.T Modes correct? Because the GOAT system is talking to the Bilsteins to set up dampening based on the terrain?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more question on this train of thought. If we lift past 2"'s and have to replace the shocks, etc.. we lose the G.O.A.T Modes correct? Because the GOAT system is talking to the Bilsteins to set up dampening based on the terrain?
No. The Bilsteins are just shocks....GOAT modes don't affect the suspension.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get a little bit more lift with the Sasquatch package over stock Badlands. I know that is disputed, but I have seen and heard anough that I am convinced it does provide more lift (stiffer springs). That said, it is definitely the worst value among the lines for adding Sasquatch. The wheels are very nice, but you could take off the stock Badlands wheels, sell them and the tires, and add nice wheels and 35s for less. I just want 35s out of the box and don't want to wait for lift options to be available to fit them, even if you only need a little bit more. The Filson and Overlander prototypes (most likely stock Badlands lifts with 35s) don't have near enough lift to run 35s off road. I don't want to deal with that and waiting for someone to design and sell a new lift.
There is a slight lift. Wish I would have taken a picture at Celebration East. They had the Sasq chassis and the Overlander build that want Sasq but on BL build. You could see where there's about 1/2 inch higher lift on the Sasq.
Sponsored