Sponsored

Best way to Protect a Bronco's Windshield?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the windshield crack is inevitable, anyone had rockstar experiences with any insurance companies? Geico requires deductible for replacement, but I guess not all do...?
I'll say that State Farm includes windshield replacement when they are looking at the number of 'incidents' you have. We had been at State Farm for 3 years or so. Two windshields and one minor accident by the wife and we were dropped.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll say that State Farm includes windshield replacement when they are looking at the number of 'incidents' you have. We had been at State Farm for 3 years or so. Two windshields and one minor accident by the wife and we were dropped.
Good to know

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That says it doesn't replace the windshield - not covered.

Did I read that right.

Any windshield coverage I would pay for, HAS to replace a broken windshield

Sponsored

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Order some of that new Sasquatch glass!

seriously, it’s a nearly vertical windshield. It’s going to happen. Don’t follow trucks or other 4x4 vehicles too close. Get chips fixed right away before they turn into cracks.
Freaking little car in front of my had a rock flew up and chipped my vehicle. Now Safelite is coming to fix it tomorrow!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Freaking little car in front of my had a rock flew up and chipped my vehicle. Now Safelite is coming to fix it tomorrow!
Sorry about that. I hate to say it but you will have to get used to it.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoBabyArea51

Badlands
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The simplest way… don’t follow to closely.
I tell my husband continually not to drive to close!! He did and chipped my windshield in my Bronco. However I have heard from a few people it’s happening a lot!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco Big Bend Advanced/Sasquatch 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only owned my Bronco for just over 2 months and my windshield already has 2 big cracks from rock chips! This glass does seem to be extremely easy to damage! I've driven that same highway for years and years in other vehicles and never had a single scratch let alone actually cracks. I don't follow closely and do everything in my power to avoid this problem to no avail.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only owned my Bronco for just over 2 months and my windshield already has 2 big cracks from rock chips! This glass does seem to be extremely easy to damage! I've driven that same highway for years and years in other vehicles and never had a single scratch let alone actually cracks. I don't follow closely and do everything in my power to avoid this problem to no avail.
Nature of beast. Its not the glass its the verticalness of windshield. Look at bronco windshield vs a car. Most cars can allow it to glance off. Ours completely stops rock in its tracks.There is no such thing as a glancing blow. Its a rock catcher. Ask jeep owners. Expect to replace once a yr if you do highway driving. Best thing you can do is never follow close,lol. Impossible I know. None of that snake oil they sell works. I just got 4 cracks on highway last week when some fool drove 75 mph in breakdown lane. It rained rocks on me.
Sponsored