Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great video! I have a sunrider myself & absolutely love it. Very high quality product. Out of curiosity, do you have the MIC 1.0 or MIC 2.0? Noticed some waviness in your rear shell's upper edges (21.42 in the video).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great video! I have a sunrider myself & absolutely love it. Very high quality product. Out of curiosity, do you have the MIC 1.0 or MIC 2.0? Noticed some waviness in your rear shell's upper edges (21.42 in the video).
It’s a very early MIC 2.0. One of the first Broncos built after they started back up due to the MIC 1.0 issues. My MIC is a POS, but that’s another story 😂

TootieQuivers

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you still remove the rear hard top on it fairly easily? I'd like the option of going with nothing on it. I like taking the doors off. I would just leave the Skyrider on and take doors and rear hard top off.

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you still remove the rear hard top on it fairly easily? I'd like the option of going with nothing on it. I like taking the doors off. I would just leave the Skyrider on and take doors and rear hard top off.
You would have to remove 5 screws, move the rear halo forward, remove the clamshell, then reinstall 4 of the screws to reattach the halo. Not a huge effort, but not exactly quick.

And I don’t think you would want to drive around with the Skyrider open, and clamshell removed. The Skyrider rests on the clamshell when open, I think you would damage it.

dirtydog4x4_jamie

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up and video, we are looking forward to getting our hands on one to see if our sun shades will work with the Skyrider.

Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would have to remove 5 screws, move the rear halo forward, remove the clamshell, then reinstall 4 of the screws to reattach the halo. Not a huge effort, but not exactly quick.

And I don’t think you would want to drive around with the Skyrider open, and clamshell removed. The Skyrider rests on the clamshell when open, I think you would damage it.
Thanks for the video, I just ordered one. I see you have the toplift pro, I do as well. I'm hoping to still be able to remove the clamshell and drive around naked in the summer. Do you plan on keeping the toplift and removing the clamshell from time to time?

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the video, I just ordered one. I see you have the toplift pro, I do as well. I'm hoping to still be able to remove the clamshell and drive around naked in the summer. Do you plan on keeping the toplift and removing the clamshell from time to time?
Yes absolutely. I love being completely topless for certain activities. I won’t be completely naked as often as before, but it will still happen. I will be open sky 100x more than before though, so it’s a fair compromise for me 😃

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes absolutely. I love being completely topless for certain activities like trips to the beach. I won’t be completely naked as often as before, but it will still happen. I will be open sky 100x more than before though, so it’s a fair compromise for me 😃
And so to do that, you'll remove the rails, remove the latch to the clamshell, completely remove the skyrider (intact), then remove the clamshell like normal?

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And so to do that, you'll remove the rails, remove the latch to the clamshell, completely remove the skyrider (intact), then remove the clamshell like normal?
Ya pretty much exactly that. I haven’t done it yet, but plan to when the weather is nice on a free weekend. I will document how it goes.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya pretty much exactly that. I haven’t done it yet, but plan to when the weather is nice on a free weekend. I will document how it goes.
Thanks for taking the time to document all of this. You've sold at least one more skyrider for bestop.

Sponsored

TootieQuivers

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I actually reached out to Bestop as well. They confirmed you cannot. It's still not a deal breaker for me. It won't stop me from taking the doors off.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice, complete write up. I didn't look at the video as I've already installed it as you know but I noticed you have another one on installing some cargo lights and I got some of those for Xmas so I'll be checking out that video this weekend.

Thanks!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder if something like that could be used without the rear top. My ideal set up would be this along with the flat storage cover on the back and a clear window section behind the rear seats.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice, complete write up. I didn't look at the video as I've already installed it as you know but I noticed you have another one on installing some cargo lights and I got some of those for Xmas so I'll be checking out that video this weekend.

Thanks!
Alright. So now I did watch it. I was curious about Section 15 (I think it was) with the Control Link. It's interesting that yours were labelled backward and mine seemed to have the heads on backward. I'd say maybe it was just my labels too but the parts seemed to fit perfectly by how they were labelled in my case--I just had to drive the screws in from the opposite side.

The instructions and parts were great otherwise so I can't really complain.

Anyway, love how you did the video with the section clearly labelled throughout. Great for reference!
Sponsored