Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Black Diamond 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping that you got it to work.... I debated trying to get mine installed here in Michigan before I drive to Florida for spring break but my husband talked me out of it for this very reason.... waiting for some warm sunny days before I take it out of the box.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping that you got it to work.... I debated trying to get mine installed here in Michigan before I drive to Florida for spring break but my husband talked me out of it for this very reason.... waiting for some warm sunny days before I take it out of the box.
That was a good idea. I still can not get my back window installed so tomorrow I'm going to run a space heater in the garage for a few hours to see if it helps.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Hkak45 I'm hoping that you were able to get the rear window in? If you haven't, hopefully where you live is expected to see full sunshine today, park your Bronco where it will see all of the sun, especially the rear of it, once its been in the sun for a few hours, the rear window should slide on!
~Crystal@Bestop
Thank you, unfortunately we won't have any sunny days this week so I'm going to try to use a heater in my garage to see if that helps

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine last March on one of those odd warm days before Spring, and didn't finish until night and cool air came in. That sucked. I really thought I was going to break something on either the Bronco or me, lol. I was cursing like I had Tourette's and stepped on a pile of Legos in sunburned bare feet. But I finally got the damn thing latched and it did get better over time, but I still try not to mess with it unless it's legit warm out.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed mine last March on one of those odd warm days before Spring, and didn't finish until night and cool air came in. That sucked. I really thought I was going to break something on either the Bronco or me, lol. I was cursing like I had Tourette's and stepped on a pile of Legos in sunburned bare feet. But I finally got the damn thing latched and it did get better over time, but I still try not to mess with it unless it's legit warm out.
Is the Bestop that much of an upgrade over the OEM Soft Top?

Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed my Trektop on a rare 70-degree day back in Feb. It was "a real pill" to install the rear window the first time. I was in South Florida last week and taking the window on/off was a breeze. You just need to warm it up a bit. It won't be a problem after that.

Cheers!

WC

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you, unfortunately we won't have any sunny days this week so I'm going to try to use a heater in my garage to see if that helps
@Hkak45 A heated garage is your next best bet!
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the Bestop that much of an upgrade over the OEM Soft Top?
@Little Foot I don't know if I would say an upgrade, the OEM Soft Top is the traditional square back whereas the Bestop Trektop is the slant back, so really its a preference thing!
~Crystal@Bestop

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used the method @ 21:18 in this video from @Stage 3 Motorsports when installing mine. It was about 60 degrees in the garage and it took several minutes and some sweat equity, but it worked.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to get it to work using the method in the video along with it finally being sunny outside (but 38°) so the sun warmed it up very quickly after less than an hour. Thanks everyone for the help.
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop twill issue PXL_20230314_211005336

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to get it to work using the method in the video along with it finally being sunny outside (but 38°) so the sun warmed it up very quickly after less than an hour. Thanks everyone for the help.
PXL_20230314_211005336.jpg
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop twill issue PXL_20230314_211005336
Awesome!! Looks good!! Shoutout to @Stage 3 Motorsports!! I know they saved me a lot of time.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shout out to @Stage 3 Motorsports for my bestop too! Ordered it from you, shipping was very fast and customer service was top notch! Just was sad no stage 3 stickers were in the box to put on the bronco :cry: lol

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excited to put on the Bestop Trektop today.

For those who have had this on for a while - any issues running this through a brushless car wash? How is it holding up with a brushless hand wash?

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excited to put on the Bestop Trektop today.

For those who have had this on for a while - any issues running this through a brushless car wash? How is it holding up with a brushless hand wash?
When I did the self service wash where I spray it myself I noticed water does get inside if you run from bottom to top with water as it's sealed but not water tight on the bottom of the bestop. I would assume brushless wash would do the same since it goes down and up with the water. I just use caution when washing to not spray too much pressure around the soft top
Sponsored