Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As people have stated. Under many conditions you’ll be fine. Better set up for roads but more than capable for trails and forest roads. Mud, deep sand and rock crawling, not so much. I’ve gone through 12” plus of snow with the Escape and they are much smaller. A lot depends on clearance and a little momentum. Looks, meh. I like the smaller Black Diamond tires when it comes to looks. The wheels look decent in real pictures compared to the cgi IMO.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On purpose,? LOL
Lol yes. A tractor flipped and the worker got out just fine with just some scratches. He collapsed just after. Turns out the stress caused a heart attack. Where he was at in the field, it would've taken a good 10 minutes for EMTs to even get to him walking. So I put in 4L and drove out, loaded him in the truck, and drove him out to the ambulance.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tires look a little small to me. I would prefer Ford offer a mini sasquatch package with 33" KO2's on BB and BD. Then I'd probably choose BB or BD instead of BL. But I don't think Ford would want to offer options where buyers could get by with a less expensive model.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol yes. A tractor flipped and the worker got out just fine with just some scratches. He collapsed just after. Turns out the stress caused a heart attack. Where he was at in the field, it would've taken a good 10 minutes for EMTs to even get to him walking. So I put in 4L and drove out, loaded him in the truck, and drove him out to the ambulance.
Well, shit, initial chuckle aside, props for your efforts!

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Multi guess is just the same tire but a slightly different numerical change to the listing to a size they already make. I'm no tire expert, though, but there are some very knowledgeable folks here who may know more to help.
So, still 32s though ?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The B'stone P255's is the same stock/factory setup as on my Sahara - except they're 18" on the Jeep and 17" on the Ford. On the Sahara, they look above-average or even large. But I'm afraid on the Bronc, they'll look average at best.
The Bronco OBX stock tires are exactly the same as the Jeep Sahara. Even the wheel is almost an exact copy. They are a decent tire, but they do throw rocks. Bad for the side and those that follow behind, but it is a solid tire.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so big bend and OBX have the same overall height/stance, correct? the badlands 33's don't add much overall height, so that model gets the height thru a lift and beefed up suspension?

I'm in between BB and OBX but kinda worried height and tires gonna look undersized. May have to think about badlands

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe the size shown for BB is correct 255/75 x 17. It is 32.1" but a Bridgestone tire of that size can't be found. I'm thinking Ford got Bridgestone to run it for the Bronco, just like the un-Wranglers on Squatchs. Firestone makes their Destination AT's and XT's in this size, the XT's look real good, wish Ford would use those.

I think the tires will be OK, but I will probably tire (pun?) of them and go to a 255/80 x 17 in a proper AT (Falken AT3) before too long. Interestingly this size is a true 33" and slightly taller than the Badlands much touted 285's.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's the Firestone Destination AT, in 255/75 x 17 it looks like the Bridgestone spec'd on BB

DestinationAT2.png

Back to Results
Firestone_logo.png

FIRESTONE DESTINATION A/T2
SIZE: P255/75R17

Here's the XT which is more aggressive and an LT albeit C Rated , which might be perfect
Firestone Destination X/T All Terrain Tire LT255/75R17 111 T C
Ford Bronco Big Bend tires 61NXaRBFVPL._AC_SS350_

And the Falken in 255/80 x 17 (33")

Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W All- Terrain Radial Tire-LT255/80R17/ 118S
Ford Bronco Big Bend tires 1612640159039

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

with a BB being about $8k less expensive than a stock BL, I'm thinking about getting a BB with a lift, 33 KO2's, and 4.27 rear axle. Should make the BB stance very close to a BL.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.23.58 PM.png

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the size shown for BB is correct 255/75 x 17. It is 32.1" but a Bridgestone tire of that size can't be found. I'm thinking Ford got Bridgestone to run it for the Bronco, just like the un-Wranglers on Squatchs. Firestone makes their Destination AT's and XT's in this size, the XT's look real good, wish Ford would use those.

I think the tires will be OK, but I will probably tire (pun?) of them and go to a 255/80 x 17 in a proper AT (Falken AT3) before too long. Interestingly this size is a true 33" and slightly taller than the Badlands much touted 285's.
Which one is a true 33?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which one is a true 33?
255/80 x 17 available in a Falken Wildpeak or Cooper Discoverer, both load range E. The 285/70 x 17 on the Badlands is 32.71"

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

255 is an oddball width - a bit wide for winters but sort of narrow to look the part on a vehicle like the Bronco. If 245s don't look truly terrible then I'll get them for winters and once thenstocks wear out probably step up to 265/75s for my summers. I'll be about 2% under size for about five months of the year and 1.5% oversize for seven, so long-term the odo shouldnt be too far off.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen otherwise on here, but I'll have to defer to others on that one.
255 is an oddball width - a bit wide for winters but sort of narrow to look the part on a vehicle like the Bronco. If 245s don't look truly terrible then I'll get them for winters and once thenstocks wear out probably step up to 265/75s for my summers. I'll be about 2% under size for about five months of the year and 1.5% oversize for seven, so long-term the odo shouldnt be too far off.
is 265 that much of a better/ wider stance for the bronco compared to 255?
Sponsored