First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I preordered a 4 door Big Bend but I am contemplating upgrading to the Outer Banks as my must haves are mid package, hard top, and automatic transmission. I know the Outer Banks has all of that included minus the hard top. I wonder if I were to upgrade to all of that on the Big Bend if it would be more or right around the same price as the Outer Banks.

Is anyone in the same boat and have any insight on this?
Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm planning on going with the Outer Banks mainly for the Mid package is included. I originally also went with it because of the 18 inch rims and was going to pass on the Squatch package but the more images I see, I think I am going to want the squatch.
I think I will wait and see what the 18" wheels look like before I decide. The Outer Banks is the only trim level to offer 18's as far as I can tell.

I'm also curious...if I do go with the squatch, do the body painted fender flares get replaced with standard black ones? Not that I care...just curious.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are lots of little extras you get with the OBX.. so just as a guess, BB + mid < OBX

There may be some doubts as to the accuracy, but that Long McArthur video on OBX talks about all the additions. ... things like rear floor mats, better dash, etc.

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm probably going the opposite direction. :) I was close to buying a Wrangler a few years back. I had researched them extensively and had settled on the Sahara. I got my Bronco reservation on reveal night, so with limited info I reserved the OBX since it was closest to a Sahara. Now that I've had time to research and more information has come out I'm leaning towards a Big Bend. It will all depend on the price and availability of options.

My son has a Wrangler Sport, and the black plastic flares and hard top are a pain to clean and keep looking nice. That's one reason I wanted the Sahara with the painted flares. Now that I've seen some pics of the painted flares on the Bronco I don't like them near as much. I also don't really like the look of the running boards on the Bronco OBX.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am in the same boat. Do I get a near fully loaded Big Bend or just get the outer banks.

The absolute must haves for me. Mid Package and auto trans...well those are standard on the OBX. But the OBX might be on the top end of my budget.....I really need that build and price to come online!

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted the OBX with the Hgh package since that is the upgrade to the larger screen. I'll probably pass on the LUX package though. Sure heated steering wheels are nice here in the northeast but I jave only been spoiled by them for a year now so I haven't assimilated completely.
So its still coming down to how it will look with the 18's on it and do I add the squatch to it or not.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I preordered a 4 door Big Bend but I am contemplating upgrading to the Outer Banks as my must haves are mid package, hard top, and automatic transmission. I know the Outer Banks has all of that included minus the hard top. I wonder if I were to upgrade to all of that on the Big Bend if it would be more or right around the same price as the Outer Banks.

Basically, you need pricing information to make this decision. Once the Build and Price comes online, you will be better equipped to make your choice.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically, you need pricing information to make this decision. Once the Build and Price comes online, you will be better equipped to make your choice.
Yes, that's the same boat I'm in. It's fun following this forum and watching the rumors daily, but I'm trying to not get hung up on anything until Build and Price is finalized. Anything up until then is just speculation, and I'm not going to base a real decision off that. It's still fun to dream and run all the scenarios in the meantime.

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond all have the lower trim headlights/grill (if that's your thing)

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same boat, $7K difference in not a little, I reserved Big Bend, while researching I found those discrepancies
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-specs-ford-website-vs-bronco-lineup-pdf-mismatch.2061/

I couldn't get any clarification yet from Ford, If camera and Co-Pilot360 is standard on the big bend like their page say then I'll upgrade the engine to the V6 and call it good, If it's basic like their PDF then I might be screwed, the biggest thing I like about OBX is led lights, you cannot get those on the Big Bend.
I'll wait and see what happens.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was torn between the two myself but I want leather seats and possibly the 12" screen.

I noticed on the edition page it states the colored fender flares and mirrors are available as if it means it's an add on package and not standard. Like others have stated when the build and price comes out many questions will be answered.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm kinda having this predicament myself. I'd love the 12" screen. it's bananas build and price isn't out yet.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the same boat, $7K difference in not a little, I reserved Big Bend, while researching I found those discrepancies
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-specs-ford-website-vs-bronco-lineup-pdf-mismatch.2061/

I couldn't get any clarification yet from Ford, If camera and Co-Pilot360 is standard on the big bend like their page say then I'll upgrade the engine to the V6 and call it good, If it's basic like their PDF then I might be screwed, the biggest thing I like about OBX is led lights, you cannot get those on the Big Bend.
I'll wait and see what happens.
You actually can get the LED "Signature Lighting" on the Big Bend model but it is not listed as an option on the Black Diamond model, which is weird. I think in the end, I will opt for the Big Bend w/Sasquatch and Mid Packages and be done. If the bells and whistles the Mid Package come with are too pricey, I will just stick with the BendSquatch. Or, should I call it the BigSquatch. Either of those sounds inappropriate lol.
Sponsored