Sponsored

Bike Rack that clears without an extension?

fordguru

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 raptor, 20 expedition max, bronco ba/sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I looked everywhere for a bike rack.
99 bucks and this works perfect on a 3000 mile trip. I tow bronco behind my Motorhome and loved this setup 500 lb capacity, I needed a short extension

IMG_7861.jpeg
Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I've asked this a ton of times and still not completely clear on an answer, so here's what I've got and what I'm looking for:

SAS 2 door, no hitch
I want the 1UP Heavy Duty Single
I want to clear the tailgate with the mount tilted downward (no swing arm)

What do I need far as hitch receiver and extender to make it work?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I've asked this a ton of times and still not completely clear on an answer, so here's what I've got and what I'm looking for:

SAS 2 door, no hitch
I want the 1UP Heavy Duty Single
I want to clear the tailgate with the mount tilted downward (no swing arm)

What do I need far as hitch receiver and extender to make it work?
Yep, this, with a bolt-on receiver like Curtā€¦

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...8wAufOmghj090d4wnofEJKtISdJYRE8BoC5TgQAvD_BwE

Youā€™ll also want to use something to reduce the free play of the hitch extender. I use a combination of one of those anti-rattle plates that you bolt on (I got mine from Harbor Freight), and a welded-on nut and bolt (which definitely helps, but isnā€™t critical)ā€¦

Ford Bronco Bike Rack that clears without an extension? IMG_9366

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have a picture of my DIY rack on the bronco but it does fit. This was made by cutting up an old Yakima roof rack and mounting it to a harbor freight trailer hitch vice mount. The big advantage is that it is very light weight and the rack fits inside the back of the bronco. On the bronco he front wheel goes inside because interferes with the spare tire.

Ford Bronco Bike Rack that clears without an extension? IMG_4351

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, this, with a bolt-on receiver like Curtā€¦

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...8wAufOmghj090d4wnofEJKtISdJYRE8BoC5TgQAvD_BwE

Youā€™ll also want to use something to reduce the free play of the hitch extender. I use a combination of one of those anti-rattle plates that you bolt on (I got mine from Harbor Freight), and a welded-on nut and bolt (which definitely helps, but isnā€™t critical)ā€¦

Ford Bronco Bike Rack that clears without an extension? IMG_4351
Yeah....see needing something like an anti-rattle plate, etc. kinda makes me want to stick with my current solution - handlebars down in the back with the front wheel off. It's secure, I'm not worrying about it falling off, and it to my knowledge so far....hasn't hurt the bike.

The main reason for jumping up to a hitch mount is I've progressed to a pretty nice bike, and sticking it in the back of my vehicle shouldn't damage it, but I'm sure it's not great for it. Of course, having it fly off the mount going 80 down the interstate isn't either.
Sponsored