Sponsored

Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco?

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@George De
Yes, the one downside is that it blocks one of the backup sensors in the bumper. Thankfully there's a button to disable the sensors but you either have to push it every time you put it in reverse or deal with the beeping from the pivot arm. I thought about trying to disconnect the one sensor that is blocked but it wasn't easy to get to from what I could tell.

Backup Camera is fine unless you have bikes on the rack but they would interfere no mater what kind of rack you had.
pequigah

Ok Thank you - I was also concerned about the reverse sensor causing the brakes to slam on thinking I was backing into something.

I really like your set up and ability to fully open the tail gate and no hitch extender so will be purchasing the Driver Side Kuat Pivot v2 .
Sponsored

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thule Epos just came out a few days ago. There is a 20% coupon I got at an event that I can DM if anyone is interested. Works well with a pivot v2. I got the 2 bike with lights version.

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 20230617_163407
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 20230617_163413
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 20230617_170158
Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 20230617_170154

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought the KUAT Sherpa 2.0 for my (still to be delivered Bronco). Quality rack, easy assembly, all the parts you need (tools, hitch locks, integrated bike lock cable, etc.) and am ordering a drop receiver so swing gate will clear it with bikes removed. Have used Yakima/Thule racks for years and must say the quality of the KUAT is equal to those brands. Have used it for a week now on my 2018 Raptor and it's rock solid. Has an internal "tensioner" you tighten with a knob and absolutely no wobble. Highly recommend this rack...

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
pequigah

Ok Thank you - I was also concerned about the reverse sensor causing the brakes to slam on thinking I was backing into something.

I really like your set up and ability to fully open the tail gate and no hitch extender so will be purchasing the Driver Side Kuat Pivot v2 .
pequigah

any experience with the Yakima BackSwing Swing Away Hitch Extender for Bike Racks. Its 35 lbs. Weight make it appealing for removal and storage.

Sponsored

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yakima Backswing and 1-Up, have had my 1-Up for over 14 years and still looks new and the Backswing allows access to the rear without removing the bike.
OMTBiker

I am considering the Yakima Backswing for its 35 lb light weight vs the other Backswing options.

I have an OBX - Does it work w/out an extender, and does it block any back up sensors if driving w/out the Bike rack attached?

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OMTBiker

I am considering the Yakima Backswing for its 35 lb light weight vs the other Backswing options.

I have an OBX - Does it work w/out an extender, and does it block any back up sensors if driving w/out the Bike rack attached?
We have an OBX with SAS, the backswing does need an extender as the latch hits the 35" tire. It will block the sensors without bikes attached since it sits inline with the bumper.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for 1UP - holds 1 bike and can add 3 more or other attachments. You'll never need another rack, no straps to break, almost idiot proof. Pair it with a Kuat Swing Away (I swing to the passenger side).
My setup as well, very happy with it. For local trips I don't use the swing as it's really not needed but it's super handy on overnight trips as I have a 2 door and it allows rear cargo area access without removing the bikes.

We have e-bikes which are super heavy.

I also use the bolted anti-rattle device for longer trips and everything is rock solid.

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have an OBX with SAS, the backswing does need an extender as the latch hits the 35" tire. It will block the sensors without bikes attached since it sits inline with the bumper.
OMTBiker

My OBX has the standard factory 32-inch Tires.

Do you think it will still hit the latch with no extension?

Thanks

Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OMTBiker

My OBX has the standard factory 32-inch Tires.

Do you think it will still hit the latch with no extension?

Thanks
With a 32" tire I think it would be really close but may work without an extension. No guarantees.