John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the passenger-side pivot at 90 degrees, can you extend the tailgate to the full 90 degree detent? I'm assuming this is on your OBX, without the larger 17x8 wheels and LT285/70R17 tires?
Yes, i can extend Kuat Pivot fully with the stock OBX tires, but remember that the Pivot opens beyond 90°, there are detents at 90° and again at 120° (or so). So the rack will pivot out almost at right angles to the car, something to watch for with drivers side open and incoming traffic. See photo in my original post above.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh duh, I forgot that the pivot also opens past 90 degrees -- thanks!

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh duh, I forgot that the pivot also opens past 90 degrees -- thanks!
You'll get one eventually! I just leave mine on the car, and change out the rack depending on need. It swings far!

SmartSelect_20220105-191141_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220105-191541_Gallery.jpg

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

damnit man, I had enough stuff on my shopping list! I was looking at the pivot before. Now I need it.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll get one eventually! I just leave mine on the car, and change out the rack depending on need. It swings far!

Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco SmartSelect_20220105-191541_Gallery

Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco SmartSelect_20220105-191541_Gallery
Oh, I have the pivot v2 drivers side already 😅 installed it last night, funny enough. Just didn't realize it had another set point past 90 degrees!

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@lakesinai would you mind posting a video of them opening together?

Maybe I had more clearance issues with camera and center post of my hanging rack?

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was going to create my own post but figured id comment on another since there are a lot. I too have kuat pivot and a kuat rack. mine fits on my obx with 315/70/17's
Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco IMG_4091
Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco IMG_4085
Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco IMG_4086
Ford Bronco Bike Rack on New MIC OBX Bronco IMG_4084

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@lakesinai would you mind posting a video of them opening together?

Maybe I had more clearance issues with camera and center post of my hanging rack?
Ok, try this video
I was going to create my own post but figured id comment on another since there are a lot. I too have kuat pivot and a kuat rack. mine fits on my obx with 315/70/17's
Nice! I transferred my racks from my F150 in October, it works great! What can you tell about the wheel/tire upgrade, what fitment issues did you have, what lift or other modifications did you do, and how does it handle on road & trail?

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It seems the Kuat Pivot V2 passenger is sold out everywhere. Please send me a PM if you know of anyone that has it in stock. I would like to pair this with my 1up rack. Thanks!

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems the Kuat Pivot V2 passenger is sold out everywhere. Please send me a PM if you know of anyone that has it in stock. I would like to pair this with my 1up rack. Thanks!
You're correct, in September I bought the last Trek Store one in Charleston. Puts waiting for Bronco in perspective! You'll have to use a non-pivoting extention for the next 6 months, it seems!

Screenshot_20220108-153849_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Jay634

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using the Rocky Mounts Swing Away rack for about 5 years now (it's now called the BackStage). I needed the swing away option at the time for use on a Sprinter. This one had just come out at the time and was the only integrated swing away option at the time. It's a solid rack that sees use about 4-5 days a week usually and it hasn't had any issues at all. It will still need an extender to work with the Bronco in order to clear the tire, and I'm thinking the Yakima extender available through Ford Parts will be about the perfect extension.
https://rockymounts.com/backstage/

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i know there is some debate about which direction is best. I specifically ordered the driver side swing to go with my 1up rack. The Bronco door opens a full 120 degrees, and I want to be able to use that full range. That’s one of the reasons I felt the driver swing would be better. Also, I won’t leave the bike rack on all the time. The driver side swing is in stock at REI and took about 6 days to be shipped to my local store.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i know there is some debate about which direction is best. I specifically ordered the driver side swing to go with my 1up rack. The Bronco door opens a full 120 degrees, and I want to be able to use that full range. That’s one of the reasons I felt the driver swing would be better. Also, I won’t leave the bike rack on all the time. The driver side swing is in stock at REI and took about 6 days to be shipped to my local store.
I saw that and might go that route. Pros and cons either way. I like the drivers side for lack of interference with the gate, but the downside is it blocks the license plate and parking spaces on either side would need to be open to swing each more than 90 degrees. I still may get the drivers side from REI because it seems the passenger won't be in stock until ~ May.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw that and might go that route. Pros and cons either way. I like the drivers side for lack of interference with the gate, but the downside is it blocks the license plate and parking spaces on either side would need to be open to swing each more than 90 degrees. I still may get the drivers side from REI because it seems the passenger won't be in stock until ~ May.
Yes, if I do something like leave the Pivot on all the time I'll have to relocate the license plate to the spare tire or something.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been using the Rocky Mounts Swing Away rack for about 5 years now (it's now called the BackStage). I needed the swing away option at the time for use on a Sprinter. This one had just come out at the time and was the only integrated swing away option at the time. It's a solid rack that sees use about 4-5 days a week usually and it hasn't had any issues at all. It will still need an extender to work with the Bronco in order to clear the tire, and I'm thinking the Yakima extender available through Ford Parts will be about the perfect extension.
https://rockymounts.com/backstage/
Looks like a nice option, since as I understand the pictures, the swing-out and bike rack are all one unit? It also looks like that rack may be in stock! To so that in kuat, you have to buy the rack ($500-600) and then the Pivot $400), so yours is a good $200 cheaper, if the quality is the same!
Sponsored

Last edited: