Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after researching lifts that I can grow with and expand on I was very excited about the Bilstein 6112's. But then I found out that on a 2 door, non SAS Big Bend, at the lowest setting you get 3.6" of lift and it is not able to use any of the other settings. This still really confuses me because the exact same set up on 4 door is adjustable from 1.9 to 3.4 with all settings available. I can't wrap my brain around how they can be so different. Not only that, but the 2 door SAS can use all the settings and Non SAS Badlands can also. Why?

So looking at the chart,
2 door, Base Hoss 1.0, lowest setting, 3.6" of lift.
2 door non SAS Badlands, lowest setting, 2" of lift
2 door SAS, lowest setting, .6" of lift

Assuming that the part is the same, at the end of the day, no matter which one you start with, they should all set at the same height after install, right. But SAS does not start off 3" taller on a 2 door does it?

i am so confused.

Has anyone here installed the 6112's on a 2 door, whether it be a SAS or not. I need to see pics.

And if there is anyone from Shock Surplus or any other group, please help me to understand.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, that is basically a 6100 Bilstein Shock with a Ford spring. $2100, fully assembled, but no adjustable feature. That is $300 less than the 6112's from Shock Surplus for the fully assembled set. Not a bad option, thank you.

Does anyone have pics of these installed on their 2 door?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, that is basically a 6100 Bilstein Shock with a Ford spring. $2100, fully assembled, but no adjustable feature. That is $300 less than the 6112's from Shock Surplus for the fully assembled set. Not a bad option, thank you.

Does anyone have pics of these installed on their 2 door?
I paid $1700 through Levittown.

They come assembled with Sasquatch springs and top hats. The spring rates and valving are perfect.

No height adjustment like you said, but for an OOTB 2” lift they are my favorite choice.

Do a search, we have a lengthy thread on them.

IMG_0775.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0719.jpeg

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe its the 6112 and Bilstien Springs that give that much lift.

You can get the 6100s, and buy Sasquatch springs for a 2 door and get less lift depending upon which cir clip you use. Or like Aonarch said get the ford performance kit. The 6100s with springs prolly in the same price or more than the Ford performance Kit.

Sponsored

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I paid $1700 through Levittown.

They come assembled with Sasquatch springs and top hats. The spring rates and valving are perfect.

No height adjustment like you said, but for an OOTB 2” lift they are my favorite choice.

Do a search, we have a lengthy thread on them.

Ford Bronco BILSTEIN 6112's on a Non SAS 2 Door, Very Confused IMG_0719
Are your tires 33s? Thanks!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe its the 6112 and Bilstien Springs that give that much lift.

You can get the 6100s, and buy Sasquatch springs for a 2 door and get less lift depending upon which cir clip you use. Or like Aonarch said get the ford performance kit. The 6100s with springs prolly in the same price or more than the Ford performance Kit.
100% There are pros and cons to both.

FP kit is OOTB ready to go with custom valving to match the springs. The downside is zero adjustability, but the only adjustment I can see people needing is adding a front winch/ bumper, for that add a 1/2" thick topper spacer and you will be good to go. If you are like my friend who has a full overland build, ARB bumpers, winch, sliders, skids, RTT, etc, he needs heavier spring rates and custom valving anyways, so none of these kits would be great. I steered him towards Accutune.

6100s are great because of the adjustability. But you have to supply springs, assemble the top hats, potentially mess with circlip locations, etc.

I had 6112s on my last rig, and the instructions provided lift amounts were wrong. So I had to remove and disassemble them twice.

The Eibachs are great because they have treaded bodies, but if you live in the rust belt or just any winter/ wet climate those can be nightmares. The Eibachs are only 2" bodies too.

Are your tires 33s? Thanks!
Yes! 285/70/17s

I am very happy with them, but they probably are not the most common choice here. They are SL rated too and very light at something like 39 pounds. 3PMSF rated, #1 A/T tire from Tyrereviews.com, low rolling resistance, excellent on-road manners, can handle gravel and light offroad with no issues.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 6112s come with springs so no need to go ford performance or get Sasquatch springs.

Where are you getting these measurements from? The 6112s will give the same ride height throughout all of the different trim levels. IIRC it gives 2.8” over sas as the highest setting, which would be about 3.6” of increase at the highest setting for a non sas.

If I may ask, what steered you towards the 6112s?

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 6112s come with springs so no need to go ford performance or get Sasquatch springs.

Where are you getting these measurements from? The 6112s will give the same ride height throughout all of the different trim levels. IIRC it gives 2.8” over sas as the highest setting, which would be about 3.6” of increase at the highest setting for a non sas.

If I may ask, what steered you towards the 6112s?
The info comes directly from Bilstein via Shock Surplus. They did a video on the 6100 and the 6112 specifically for the Bronco Application. They had a very complete chart for all the different settings for the different models. He was very specific in saying that the 2 door Hoss 1.0 Suspension specifically would get 3.6 inches of lift in the front at the lowest setting and that the higher settings were not usable, you watch the video and try to figure that out. It makes no sense to me.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The info comes directly from Bilstein via Shock Surplus. They did a video on the 6100 and the 6112 specifically for the Bronco Application. They had a very complete chart for all the different settings for the different models. He was very specific in saying that the 2 door Hoss 1.0 Suspension specifically would get 3.6 inches of lift in the front at the lowest setting and that the higher settings were not usable, you watch the video and try to figure that out. It makes no sense to me.
https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y722A00_4.pdf

You are correct, Bilstein says 3.6 minimum lift for a two door non Badlands or non-Sas.

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the 6100s on my 4 door, which was Sasquatch before hand. I swapped springs top hats and Jounces over. My lift was pretty similar to the charts, I didnt go up that much (didnt want to)

There is a youtube video, Sarahntuned channel had a Black diamond 2 door (I believe) non Sasquatch and swapped out 6100s with 2 door Sasquatch springs and the lift was not crazy. Believe she stayed on bottom cir clip.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did 6112's on my 2 door non-SAS Badlands. Minimum lift from the Bilstien's from stock is 0.6" It is adjustable from there, offering more height.

Bilstien makes a spring for the front but not rear. I ended up using the stock rear spring. Ride is better than stock but I wish there was a softer spring option. I've been told to replace them with SAS springs. Maybe i'll do this if I upgrade to 35" tires.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did 6112's on my 2 door non-SAS Badlands. Minimum lift from the Bilstien's from stock is 0.6" It is adjustable from there, offering more height.

Bilstien makes a spring for the front but not rear. I ended up using the stock rear spring. Ride is better than stock but I wish there was a softer spring option. I've been told to replace them with SAS springs. Maybe i'll do this if I upgrade to 35" tires.

Why do you say Bilstein doesnt make a spring for the rear?
Ford Bronco BILSTEIN 6112's on a Non SAS 2 Door, Very Confused 1699030605735

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, it does not seem that Bilstein makes 2D specific 6112. That is a crazy amount of lift if you are not doing 37" tires and then you would need UCAs, trac bar relo, rack and pinion reinforcement.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the 6100s on my 4 door, which was Sasquatch before hand. I swapped springs top hats and Jounces over. My lift was pretty similar to the charts, I didnt go up that much (didnt want to)
I did this same thing. But I started as non SAS. Got the 6100s and ordered the ford oem SAS springs. Reused top hats and bump stops. If you are comfortable doing this yourself that is the way to go. There are many different oem spring rates, you can find what you need or just get exact part numbers that match your vehicle. The preload is adjustable which I like. You may need to do install twice to dial in your ride height. I am on lowest setting.

otherwise go with ford performance. Same thing just preload is not adjustable and everything is pre assembled. Just install. Less hassle but also less flexibility. You get what you get wrt ride height. They have only two sets of springs. 4 door or 2 door.
Sponsored