Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added the IAG struts to my softop and it is super convenient to have it stay open. I do find myself having to pull it harder to close (expected) but there is something that hits and is causing a paint chip along the top edge (can only be seen with the top off or up). I keep filling it in with a paint pen, but more annoying than anything that it is there. I haven't taken the top completely off, and not sure how easy it will be to get the struts off as there is a part that snaps into place. We will see once the warm weather comes around.

I also contemplated SAS for the same reason....I wanted the sticker, haha.
I scratched the side of support The very first time. The latch didn’t release on the far side and i failed to notice. Jerk, slide, scrape, go order touch up paint. While it requires more effort to slide back with the IAG struts, it’s much smoother. The assembly doesn’t jostle around, the struts are almost like a guide.
Sponsored

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like peeps mentioned earlier, it's basically an appearance package, aside from the different final drive options in the 7MT or auto. I'm partial to the Non Squatch myself.
20221212_122205_HDR.jpg

What Winch did you get? I have the same bumper and bar on my badlands and I like the way that fits in there! Looks awesome!

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Winch did you get? I have the same bumper and bar on my badlands and I like the way that fits in there! Looks awesome!
I have the Smittybilt X20 Gen3 10k winch with synthetic rope, mounted to the Rough Country high winch mount. It's a really nice fit actually.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DId you do anything to add any lift? It looks like your tires hit your fenders a bit at full stuff. Is that the case?

no lift. and there is still room! (haha slightly) With the type of offroading I do, I have not had any issues whatsoever! Not even sure if I have ever been that flexed but on the ramp.

The difference between mine and a SAS pkg is like 0.5" 🤷‍♂️

The SAS vs non SAS came down to I did not know how 35" would handle on road when I first ordered this. I did not have the luxury of driving one before mine arrived. I went non-sas b/c its my daily. I did not want to hate it! Looking back knowing what I know now, I'm not sure I would make a different choice. Do not like the GY tires, and to spend the extra money for .5" and the gears just to spend $2k on tires just doesn't seem necessary. With how I drive and where I go off-roading.

Each and every person will need to decide what is best for them. I do know, that you really cannot go wrong with either option!

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no lift. and there is still room! (haha slightly) With the type of offroading I do, I have not had any issues whatsoever! Not even sure if I have ever been that flexed but on the ramp.

The difference between mine and a SAS pkg is like 0.5" 🤷‍♂️

The SAS vs non SAS came down to I did not know how 35" would handle on road when I first ordered this. I did not have the luxury of driving one before mine arrived. I went non-sas b/c its my daily. I did not want to hate it! Looking back knowing what I know now, I'm not sure I would make a different choice. Do not like the GY tires, and to spend the extra money for .5" and the gears just to spend $2k on tires just doesn't seem necessary. With how I drive and where I go off-roading.

Each and every person will need to decide what is best for them. I do know, that you really cannot go wrong with either option!
Did you remove or modify the crash bars? I’m considering a 1” level and modified crash bars when making the swap to 35s (whenever that happens).

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you remove or modify the crash bars? I’m considering a 1” level and modified crash bars when making the swap to 35s (whenever that happens).
yes crash bars removed. 1.5” wheel spacers since I kept the optional wheels

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What are you really getting for $4k adding SAS to a Badlands?
BL has front/rear lockers, ADV 4x4, rims, tires, gears, shocks and springs. It’s not like you get them with SAS. You get a slightly different rim, tire size, slightly different shock/spring and a slightly different gear. What makes it $4k more?
A way cooler looking truck?

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our BL 2Dr is non - Squatch because it was the only Bronco we could find. I originally wanted Squatch for the appearance AND offroad capabilites, but after a few thousand miles I’m completely happy with the std BL. It’s handled anything I’d want to do offroad, and it looks great too.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you really getting for $4k adding SAS to a Badlands?
BL has front/rear lockers, ADV 4x4, rims, tires, gears, shocks and springs. It’s not like you get them with SAS. You get a slightly different rim, tire size, slightly different shock/spring and a slightly different gear. What makes it $4k more?
I bought mine... non-sas... then I installed the Zone 2" front and 1" rear kit, to lift and level it. Now I'm constantly getting warnings that say powertrain malfunction! I took it to the dealer to have the camera realigned, to get rid of the warnings, and after 4.5 hours they said that they didn't have time to fix it. I'm still hitting the OK button, every time I start, to clear the screen!!!

Sponsored

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's crazy, I just went to the build and price and it's $4000 to add it to a manual, then add it to a 2.7 engine and it's still $4000 but take it off and it only subtracts $2500 and the free auto becomes a $1595 option. Looks like the manual guys get screwed and it costs $4000 more. LOL Hope that makes sense, I'm agreeing with you on the 2.7 and auto build.
Indeed, a manual transmission is favored by aficionados of the driving experience. I am the proud owner of a 4-door FE vehicle, which unfortunately lacked a manual option, but I couldn't resist the FE engine's unparalleled sound. The seamless gear shifts in the FE contribute to an unparalleled driving experience and an innate connection with the car. Meanwhile, my daily driver, a 2-door Basemansquatch, shifts gears with such buttery smoothness that it elevates the driving experience. I am in the process of customizing it and will soon provide pictures. The FE will be preserved in my garage and only driven as needed to ensure its longevity, as it is one of only approximately 3400 in existence, a number which will dwindle each year. Although the 2-door is not the most practical choice, it exudes authenticity and boasts a perfect proportion. I have a deep love for Ford and am currently searching for a Braptor. I plan to switch dealers and should have one in a few months.

(i put my response in chatGPT - "make this sound more sophisticated")

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads about folks with Sasquatch ending up in the ditch with light snow/ice on the road. MT tires have AWFUL traction in light snow/ice. They are fine in deep snow, but that's not typically what you'd find on the road. Around here, the first time it snows every year, the ditches are littered with 4x4s driven by folks that didn't realize MT tires might as well be drag slicks on a thin layer of snow/ice.

I didn't opt for Sasquatch on my 7mt Badlands mostly because it's the worst value on that transmission+trim combination vs. any other, but the tires being a huge downgrade from the 'severe snow service-rated' KO2s was the final nail in the coffin.
I did just a few weeks back. Front locker clawed me right out.

Then again, I usually end up in a ditch in the snow - not really my wheelhouse living in Phoenix!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads about folks with Sasquatch ending up in the ditch with light snow/ice on the road. MT tires have AWFUL traction in light snow/ice. They are fine in deep snow, but that's not typically what you'd find on the road. Around here, the first time it snows every year, the ditches are littered with 4x4s driven by folks that didn't realize MT tires might as well be drag slicks on a thin layer of snow/ice.

I didn't opt for Sasquatch on my 7mt Badlands mostly because it's the worst value on that transmission+trim combination vs. any other, but the tires being a huge downgrade from the 'severe snow service-rated' KO2s was the final nail in the coffin.
I don't believe the stock SAS tires are mud terrain tires. I think the MT on them stands for something else.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would go with any of the AT. RT, MT options from BFG, Mickey Thompson, Nitto, Toyo, Falken before these. make and model dependent on your needs.
The stock tires are actually pretty decent. They are going to get better MPG then the other tires and is my guess the real reason why ford used them as they are 10lb liter then anything else sold on tirerack on that size. Something like wildpeaks are 20lb heavier per wheel. For the gearing of the SAS and the wheel/ tire package I feel its worth it. You also get a 2" spacer stock over the Hoss 2.0 shocks on the BL trim. Replacing the Ko2 with some different size tire alone would be around 15-2k. Ordering with SAs if you hate the stock wheels and tires selling them and swappng them would get you a better ROI. The 4.7 gears are like 2500 also not including install for that alone if you wanted the bigger gears. But if you dont want to go bigger than 33" and dont like the look it makes no sense. The BL NON sas has more articulation then a SAS because it doesnt have the spacers. SAS should also hold value better for resale cause its harder to get at the momoent. At the off rodeo a stock BL is a option for driving so if it wasnt capable they wouldnt have one. They dont go over stuff as easily as the SAS versions but its still very capable stock. If you dont think its worth it then dont get it.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't believe the stock SAS tires are mud terrain tires. I think the MT on them stands for something else.
True. It stands for Maximum Traction. Designed to be better on road then a MT and quieter also works in the snow/cold better then a Mud Terrain.
Sponsored