Sponsored

Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so for those better in the know than me...

How much of a difference will 33' tires make on the Black Diamond compared to the 32'? Looks wise.

Me personally, am a very visual person. I need to see it. It's hard for me to picture things. So while I think the 33's on the Badlands in all the pics we've seen have looked great. I have zero idea what 33's will look like on a Black Diamond. Will it make a big difference compared to what it has? I like the look and stance of the BL, and for the most part have liked the what I've seen with the BD (sans the infamous red topless photos... hoping that was just a bad hair day or something). The BL I've built is about $5k more than the BD, but I'm not sure I can justify the added cost just to get better looking tires? Esp when all the other stuff I'll never use, and could just upgrade the BD tires for far less than $5k.

Anyway, curious to what people that can actually picture it think.

What also made me think of this was that other thread of the photos of the 33's next to the 35's and how they looked pretty much the same. So I started thinking, going from 32 to 33 might not be noticeable? Esp since it's even less of a jump?

Also, with that said... for those of you that plan on swapping right away, it would be awesome if you would post before & after photos. (with the 32's vs 33's)

And yes, I've used that tire size comparison site. That helps visualize it somewhat, but it's not actually on the vehicle. (and it doesn't look like much on the site)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 1613750001544
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not only tire size - it's tread too. I just put 32" Ko2's on my F150, replacing the 32" AS tires. The more aggressive tread made a world of difference in appearance.

I plan on getting a BB and replacing the tires with a more aggressive tread tire, maybe going with 33's, but the same width as the stock tires/

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not only tire size - it's tread too. I just put 32" Ko2's on my F150, replacing the 32" AS tires. The more aggressive tread made a world of difference in appearance.

I plan on getting a BB and replacing the tires with a more aggressive tread tire, maybe going with 33's, but the same width as the stock tires/
makes sense.

So the tire would just be taller? What are the numbers on 33's with a similar width?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep tire type is definitely a big difference. You could put some 33 metric A/Ts on there and they would look wimpy compared to some 32x11.50 M/Ts. I think the only real answer is get 33x12.50 Super Swampers, Irocks, TSLs, LTBs, Boggers, Even the metric Irock NDs are decent. But I would put a 30x9.50 super swamper up against any size K02 any day of the week.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does depend on the specific tire, but I think you can drastically improve the BD's looks with something else. IMO it looks pretty bad with the stock tires. The BB and OBX look like mall crawlers with stock rubber, and that's fine, there are mall crawlers everywhere so they dont look weird. However the BD has a more aggressive all terrain tire that dosen't even come close to filling up the wheel well. To me the BD looks like somebody accidentally bought the wrong size tire and rolled with it anyways.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

makes sense.

So the tire would just be taller? What are the numbers on 33's with a similar width?
Yes just taller. I don't want to increase width. I don't want add'l width to cause possible rubbing issues.

I was looking at the Toyo Open Country AT3. in 255/80/17. It's 33", but it is an E class tire. Weighs 50 lbs. 16.3/32 tread depth

Also looking at Bridgestone KO2's 255/75/17 45.5 lbs 15/32 tread depth

I don't see the BB spec'd 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S size listed on Bridgestone's website.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

^^^^^^THIS EXACTLY^^^^^^

Funny how a more aggressive tread changes the whole look, and an inch can be noticeable too (TWSS). I plan to go more aggressive 33's on my BB also in a 255 width. Wide tires do look nice, part of the reason the 33 vs 35 Badlands look good, but for practical reasons I want 255's

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes just taller. I don't want to increase width. I don't want add'l width to cause possible rubbing issues.

I was looking at the Toyo Open Country AT3. in 255/80/17. It's 33", but it is an E class tire. Weighs 50 lbs. 16.3/32 tread depth

Also looking at Bridgestone KO2's 255/75/17 45.5 lbs 15/32 tread depth

I don't see the BB spec'd 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S size listed on Bridgestone's website.
Falken and Cooper have 255/80 x 17 also. Someone noted the Bridgestone BB tires just showed up on their website. Also, Firestone (sister company) has shown that tire, they call it a Destination AT

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order is for a 2 door Black Diamond. I’ve considered the different options of changing wheels and tires. Buying aftermarket wheels and tires would cost a minimum of $2500. The invoice cost of Sasquatch for BD is $4225. So for $1725 I would get better gearing, stronger axle, front lockers and upgraded suspension-all factory warrantied and rolled into my financing. When I type it all out and read it to myself, it seems like an easy decision.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My order is for a 2 door Black Diamond. I’ve considered the different options of changing wheels and tires. Buying aftermarket wheels and tires would cost a minimum of $2500. The invoice cost of Sasquatch for BD is $4225. So for $1725 I would get better gearing, stronger axle, front lockers and upgraded suspension-all factory warrantied and rolled into my financing. When I type it all out and read it to myself, it seems like an easy decision.
Right, I say if you will ever want wide, 35" tires Sasquatch is a bargain, if you don't want 35's not so much.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, I say if you will ever want wide, 35" tires Sasquatch is a bargain, if you don't want 35's not so much.
It might be a little complicated, but at the same time, from a mechanical perspective, it might be easier to downsize from Squatch than upgrade from base BD. You sell the wheels and tires for a premium, throw on 33s. You still have all the aforementioned goodies to work with.
so why not Badlands, then? Because one may prefer the BD interior and grill.😋

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am most likely putting 33" BFGoodrich KO'2s on my 2dr BD right away. Looking at some of the walk arounds of the "base" Badlands 2 doors with 33" looks perfect to me. I think the 32" probably will be fine on the 2 door but the 33's that much better.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It might be a little complicated, but at the same time, from a mechanical perspective, it might be easier to downsize from Squatch than upgrade from base BD. You sell the wheels and tires for a premium, throw on 33s. You still have all the aforementioned goodies to work with.
so why not Badlands, then? Because one may prefer the BD interior and grill.😋
You are right. But that's why I said WIDE 35's (or 33s for that matter). I looked at down-Squatching to narrow 33.s, but would need new wheels, tires and flares. If cost was no issue I would just get a non-Sas Badlands. Tires would still be wider than I want (no wider than 265) but I'd figure that out.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am most likely putting 33" BFGoodrich KO'2s on my 2dr BD right away. Looking at some of the walk arounds of the "base" Badlands 2 doors with 33" looks perfect to me. I think the 32" probably will be fine on the 2 door but the 33's that much better.
Sounds like a good plan. You might find you like the General Grabbers fine though, they are very similar to KO2's.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a good plan. You might find you like the General Grabbers fine though, they are very similar to KO2's.
I may, I'm going to give them a chance
Sponsored