Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

When you say a slight vibration, did you hear it or just feel it slightly? Curious where it was coming from.

BTW, I know what you mean about people taking pictures and stuffā€¦ When I had my Camaro SS (black and yellow, like Bumblebee from Transformers) people would take pictures all the time :| You know most of those folks youā€™re seeing are probably B6G members lol.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats looks like a cool Bronco.......getting deliveries is encouraging.
Good things to those who wait.

Sponsored

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations, I enjoyed your write up. I'm sure I will be following and taking pictures, maybe video of the first Bronco I see out in the wild too.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m reading this thinking Bonnie is a kid at first.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprise from the Wild and Wonderful State!

3C84293D-0EC0-4E3A-AB36-CFC1EC39CA8B.jpeg

Short version of the story:

Black Diamond Sasquatch 4 Door 2.7 Soft Top with Mid and Tow Packages
Reserved July 13th around 10 P.M.
Ordered from Stephens Auto Center in Danville WV. Not a priority build.
Originally given 6/7/21 build date that was moved back to 6/28/21
Window Sticker Available on 6/15/21 with Blend Date of 6/22/21
Got Confirmation from Ford that Build was completed on 6/23/21. Delivery states 41 days but also has July 11 as Est. delivery date
Bonnie Arrived at Stephens Auto Center in the early morning hours 6/25/21
John Holstein from SAC calls and emails around 9 a.m. New Ford email states delivery 7/4 - 7/11.
Bonnie enters her stable 6/26/21

Long Version of the Story:

Let me start by saying how fortunate I and my family feel to have a Bronco in our garage right now. I know a lot of people are frustrated, and reading about our experience may or may not help.
If you read the ā€œquick and dirtyā€ version above, you have a pretty good idea of high the process played out. Not a lot of communication from Ford. When I did get email updates, they werenā€™t exactly accurate in regards to timing. I tried to avoid calling the dealership as much as possible, but when I did, they were very helpful.
The whole experience was a lot like having a child that took 11 months to get here. Lots of anticipation and waiting. Then boom, ready or not, her she is! We had planned to fly in to Charleston and spend 2 days driving her back. What we ended up doing was leaving our house at 3 a.m., driving 800 miles round trip with a break for lunch (Pies and Pints in Charleston) and getting home around 6 p.m. the same day. Wanted to do a bunch of photo ops, but we were in a hurry and pretty worn out. By the way, rental car companies are not doing 1 way rentals in our area, so we drove the Yukon.

Stephens Auto Center
@StephensAutoCenter

John, Jeremy, and Chase were great! John was my primary contact throughout the process. I can only imagine how exhausted he is from dealing with obsessed Bronco fan boys like me all day. Jeremy sealed the deal and made this the quickest/ easiest vehicle purchase of my life. Got a good deal on an 8 year 100k ESP warranty that I rolled into the loan. Guys in the shop did a great job cleaning her up. The dealership waited for confirmation from me prior to removing any plastic. Extremely careful and considerate! Dealership was less than 30 minutes from I-64.

Financing

We went USAAā€™s 1.89% @ 60 months. USAAā€™s rates are not normally this good, but a fortuitous advertisement caught my attention. Very easy application process. Jeremy at SAC said that USAA is great on their end too. Approval is good for 30 days. Iā€™d say you can get the whole thing done in 48 ā€“ 72 hours. No surprises. $1000 under invoice price on my original build sheet. Doc fee is $500.

Insurance

Adding Bonnie as our 3rd vehicle raised our USAA insurance by $432 for 6 months.

The Ride

So the important partā€¦. After 404 miles, Iā€™m in love. This is my first soft top and my first truly capable off-road vehicle. Iā€™ve owned sporty coupes, F 150, Ridgeline and a Yukon XL currently. Acceleration is great for a SUV. Slight vibration at first that I imagine is associated with the 35ā€™s. Rides so smoothly at any speed including I 64ā€™s 70 mph. Wind sounds like background white noise. Engine sound is not pronounced. Any engine noise Iā€™ve heard has been a pleasant one when driving at low speed around town. Loud vehicles and motorcycles on the interstate were very noticeable though.
Be prepared to drive defensively. People stared, took photos, recorded video while driving with their toes the whole 6 hours home. One guy was trying to talk to me while videoing at 65 mph. He had to cross 5 lanes of traffic to not miss his exit ramp. Prepare yourself.
Very happy with the turning radius. Charleston has a busy downtown area. Much more pleasant driving around/ parking in the Bronco vs the Yukon XL.
Getting in and out is easy for my teenage sons and I. My wife is 5ā€™8ā€ and thankful for the grab handles. As stated before, the rock rails are not useful as a step. We might have AMPā€™s in our future.

Holding off on the off-roading until after we get back from Austin.

I plan to stay on this forum. Bronco6G gave me something positive to fixate upon during one of the more unpleasant years in human history. I canā€™t wait to see what everyone does with their rigs and the adventures they take them on. Iā€™ll do my best to answer questions. Iā€™m heading outside to clean off the bug guts. Thanks everybody!

BDubBronco

Love the shirt your son is wearing! Nice!

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got Confirmation from Ford that Build was completed on 6/23/21. Delivery states 41 days but also has July 11 as Est. delivery date
John Holstein from SAC calls and emails around 9 a.m. New Ford email states delivery 7/4 - 7/11.

Let me start by saying how fortunate I and my family feel to have a Bronco in our garage right now. I know a lot of people are frustrated, and reading about our experience may or may not help.
If you read the ā€œquick and dirtyā€ version above, you have a pretty good idea of high the process played out. Not a lot of communication from Ford. When I did get email updates, they werenā€™t exactly accurate in regards to timing. I tried to avoid calling the dealership as much as possible, but when I did, they were very helpful.
The whole experience was a lot like having a child that took 11 months to get here. Lots of anticipation and waiting. Then boom, ready or not, her she is! We had planned to fly in to Charleston and spend 2 days driving her back. What we ended up doing was leaving our house at 3 a.m., driving 800 miles round trip with a break for lunch (Pies and Pints in Charleston) and getting home around 6 p.m. the same day. Wanted to do a bunch of photo ops, but we were in a hurry and pretty worn out. By the way, rental car companies are not doing 1 way rentals in our area, so we drove the Yukon.

Stephens Auto Center
@StephensAutoCenter

John, Jeremy, and Chase were great! John was my primary contact throughout the process. I can only imagine how exhausted he is from dealing with obsessed Bronco fan boys like me all day. Jeremy sealed the deal and made this the quickest/ easiest vehicle purchase of my life. Got a good deal on an 8 year 100k ESP warranty that I rolled into the loan. Guys in the shop did a great job cleaning her up. The dealership waited for confirmation from me prior to removing any plastic. Extremely careful and considerate! Dealership was less than 30 minutes from I-64.

Financing

We went USAAā€™s 1.89% @ 60 months. USAAā€™s rates are not normally this good, but a fortuitous advertisement caught my attention. Very easy application process. Jeremy at SAC said that USAA is great on their end too. Approval is good for 30 days. Iā€™d say you can get the whole thing done in 48 ā€“ 72 hours. No surprises. $1000 under invoice price on my original build sheet. Doc fee is $500.

Insurance

Adding Bonnie as our 3rd vehicle raised our USAA insurance by $432 for 6 months.

The Ride

So the important partā€¦. After 404 miles, Iā€™m in love. This is my first soft top and my first truly capable off-road vehicle. Iā€™ve owned sporty coupes, F 150, Ridgeline and a Yukon XL currently. Acceleration is great for a SUV. Slight vibration at first that I imagine is associated with the 35ā€™s. Rides so smoothly at any speed including I 64ā€™s 70 mph. Wind sounds like background white noise. Engine sound is not pronounced. Any engine noise Iā€™ve heard has been a pleasant one when driving at low speed around town. Loud vehicles and motorcycles on the interstate were very noticeable though.
Be prepared to drive defensively. People stared, took photos, recorded video while driving with their toes the whole 6 hours home. One guy was trying to talk to me while videoing at 65 mph. He had to cross 5 lanes of traffic to not miss his exit ramp. Prepare yourself.
Very happy with the turning radius. Charleston has a busy downtown area. Much more pleasant driving around/ parking in the Bronco vs the Yukon XL.
Getting in and out is easy for my teenage sons and I. My wife is 5ā€™8ā€ and thankful for the grab handles. As stated before, the rock rails are not useful as a step. We might have AMPā€™s in our future.

I plan to stay on this forum. Bronco6G gave me something positive to fixate upon during one of the more unpleasant years in human history. I canā€™t wait to see what everyone does with their rigs and the adventures they take them on. Iā€™ll do my best to answer questions. Iā€™m heading outside to clean off the bug guts. Thanks everybody!

BDubBronco

Iā€™m going to SAC as well for mine. I had my first car loan with ally, but would you recommend USAA for approval odds? Or not since I haven't had a relationship with them yet like Ally?

Sponsored

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations; enjoy the experience and thank you for sharing!!

I do have a question about the $500 doc fees you mentioned. SAC's deal stated those fees would be $265. This is clearly not a deal breaker of course, but is there something out of the ordinary about your circumstances you're willing to share that made those fees nearly double?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. It looks lifted from that angle.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stephens Auto Center
@StephensAutoCenter

Financing

Insurance

The Ride

BDubBronco

Congrats! Do you find yourself waking up early to look in the garage? šŸ˜œ

dmenace

Wildtrak
First Name
DMENACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/ MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stephens Auto Center
@StephensAutoCenter

Financing

Insurance

The Ride

BDubBronco

Congratulations!!
Sponsored