Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But it's listed as a separate item to the disconnect...that always made me think it was different shocks and/or springs to the others
Yep its the swaybar disconnect and the Bilstein dampers. The Bilstein are standard on the Badlands, and you get them without having to get the Sas package. Thats the only trim like that. I wouldn't think they would have 3 different springs right? Just Sasquatch and non Sasquatch.
This is why Im thinking the Black D springs must be the same as the Badlands springs, and if 285/70/17s can fit on the BL, Id think they can fit on the BD.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah but Im thinking/hoping the "Badlands suspension" really just means the swaybar disconnect. The "High Clearance" is still listed as option on the Badlands.
Nope they list the disconnect as a separate option at the bottom of the list.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see what you're saying, but they are both listed as standard, so "Badlands Suspension" includes the sway bar disconnect. The suspension on the Badlands also includes as standard the Bilstein dampers, which no other trim level does, without the Sasquatch package. My question is, is there anything else different about the Badlands suspension, besides swaybar disconnect and Bilstein dampers, that would give it more room to fit tires?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see what you're saying, but they are both listed as standard, so "Badlands Suspension" includes the sway bar disconnect. The suspension on the Badlands also includes as standard the Bilstein dampers, which no other trim level does, without the Sasquatch package. My question is, is there anything else different about the Badlands suspension, besides swaybar disconnect and Bilstein dampers, that would give it more room to fit tires?
Don't really know for sure but being that there's multiple differences it may be different enough that they can fit 33s. The Bilsteins may even make a difference by themselves.

I definitely wish there was a way to find out for sure. Because that makes differences in deciding factors of what packages to get and what not to get.

I just have that feeling there is a difference.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD tires are 31.6” tall. 285/70/17s are 32.8. That’s only .6” closer to the wheel well and .4” closer to the inside. Surely they will fit right?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD tires are 31.6” tall. 285/70/17s are 32.8. That’s only .6” closer to the wheel well and .4” closer to the inside. Surely they will fit right?

One would think, but the issue will be clearance at full compression and full lock. Backspacing plays a huge part, as well as the wheelwell design and control arms.

I am planning to put either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s on before I drive it off the lot. I can trim the wheelwell if needed, but I'll have to change wheels if the backspacing doesn't give enough clearance with the control arms.

The 285/70/17s shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this a Black Diamond? I originally reserved the Badlands, but I need something lower due to a handicap. This one might work.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 21 Bronco Black Diamond 2
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 21 Bronco Black Diamond

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this a Black Diamond? I originally reserved the Badlands, but I need something lower due to a handicap. This one might work.

The BD is the second lowest vehicle as the tires on it are actually 31.6 inches.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am planning to put either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s on before I drive it off the lot. I can trim the wheelwell if needed, but I'll have to change wheels if the backspacing doesn't give enough clearance with the control arms.

The 285/70/17s shouldn't be a problem.
Are you going with the steelies or the optional high gloss wheels?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you going with the steelies or the optional high gloss wheels?

I will order it with the steelies and test fit at the dealer. If I need different backspacing, I will find some aftermarket wheels then. I like the steelies and hope they work.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just reserved a BD, and plan on adding Sasquatch, 2.7, mid, and hard top(possibly dual). I’m still not sold on the 35 MTs (unknown weight,noise, snow/wet traction). I may even sell them and get lighter 33 ATs,
Sponsored